• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no one in the press who has access to this thing? So much for game's journalism. Where are the connections the major sites claim to have? Times like these is when we should be getting good minute-to-minute coverage.

Polygon has a person there. I'm sure we're not the only one. As others have said, it's a private auction, so only so much we can do at that point.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Damn! I was hoping to be able to visit my former colleagues at THQ in an upcoming trip back to LA. I guess I'll have to take them out for drinks now.

Saty

"Going one; going twice; SOLD to the guy with the Polo shirt".

So is the live-blogging going to be from the start of the hearing?

At least they gave away many of their IP's to gamers before selling the rest of them.
ZdBqfGJ.jpg

Thank you THQ.

Putting the Humble THQ Bundle keys in now just in case.

huh..so that why we didn't get a another one,Sony should really think about selling some of their unused IPs then (500K per one is good business)

There are four games in the Xi series, two on PS1 (Devil Dice being the first), the PS2 version was published by Capcom in the West under the title Bombastic and a PSP version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dice

No idea what the rights situation is or even if the developer Shift is still around. Pity as it was a fun puzzle series and would be ideal on PS3/Vita.

Anyway, I haven't followed the bidding closely but does THQ still had the rights to Stuntman? If so, it would be good to see Ubisoft successfully bid for them so that Reflections can return to the series at a later date.

"Going one; going twice; SOLD to the guy with the Polo shirt".

Iwata starts clearing out the storage room full of uDraw tablets, pissed at how much money he's losing, until he finds a coffin. "Wait a minute... what is this?"

*cue commercial*

Back from commercial, we see Patrice inside the coffin. "I better check how much he is going for! I have a friend who is expert in this!"

Employee: "Welcome to EB Games. How may I help you?"
Iwata: "Yes. I found Patrice in a coffin. How much is he worth?"
Employee: "Ohh. He worked on Assassin's Creed series and was working on two AAA titles over at THQ."
Iwata: "Oh! So he must be worth a lot then!"
Employee: "Unfortunately... he's French. His lack of Japanese would be of no help to you. Plus, his two AAA titles are bought by Ubisoft. I believe you've been duped."
Iwata: "Ahh shit! Well, at least he'll be good in my collection!"

Iwata starts clearing out the storage room full of uDraw tablets, pissed at how much money he's losing, until he finds a coffin. "Wait a minute... what is this?"

*cue commercial*

Back from commercial, we see Patrice inside the coffin. "I better check how much he is going for! I have a friend who is expert in this!"

Employee: "Welcome to EB Games. How may I help you?"
Iwata: "Yes. I found Patrice in a coffin. How much is he worth?"
Employee: "Ohh. He worked on Assassin's Creed series and was working on two AAA titles over at THQ."
Iwata: "Oh! So he must be worth a lot then!"
Employee: "Unfortunately... he's French. His lack of Japanese would be of no help to you. Plus, his two AAA titles are bought by Ubisoft. I believe you've been duped."
Iwata: "Ahh shit! Well, at least he'll be good in my collection!"
Too much content for a GIF, but I'll take it.

From his pictures it looks like he was working all around THQ. He was working on Darksiders 2 and on the image said he was moving on to help Turtle Rock and Crytek on a FPS.

The only people allowed at the auction were the creditors and bidders, which was held at a law office.

The court hearing is public.

Correct. Without someone on the inside, journalists will be in the dark until the judge finalizes and releases his findings.

Ok, cool. Thanks for clearing that up; wasn't sure if my memory was correct or warped.

So 15 minutes to the hearing then? What a crazy day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom