• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Factory Producing Parts for Wii U Closes Temporarily Due to Anti-JP Demos

There is obviously no official word on whether this will interfere with the launch of the Wii U, but it is being speculated that it could be the case.

Source: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6612088.html

(Quick translation by me)

Due to the expanding anti-Japanese demonstrations against shops and factories related to Japanese businesses in China, electronics makers and distribution companies have closed up some of their factories and shops for September 16th due to damages caused by the demonstrations.

Major electronics parts producer Mitsumi Electronics has announced that due to damage caused by the demonstrations including arson-related damage, they will suspend operations at their Aoshima factory until the 18th. Because the extent of the damage is not fully known, it is currently undecided if they will be able to resume business on the 19th.

This factory produces parts for Nintendo game consoles, among other things. Panasonic also had damage issues with their factories/etc and have suspended three of their factories until the 18th.

These demonstrations have been a hot topic in Japan the last few days.

With the Wii U looking like a pretty hot ticket since the official announcements, it will be interesting to see if this makes launch shortages even more of a problem than normal.

33d802fe.jpg

ccf8e082-s.jpg

pargonta

I assume demos is short for demonstrations

usually an abbreviation is used after the full word has been used once.

anyway this will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I assume demos is short for demonstrations

usually an abbreviation is used after the full word has been used once.

anyway this will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Called demos in Japanese, will change it

Appreciate the snarky ass comment though

pargonta

Called demos in Japanese, will change it
Appreciate the snarky ass comment though

i just got confused, lol. putting the full word in somewhere once makes it clearer for stupid people like me. no offense meant.

it might be hard to gauge the impact of this, i certainly don't know enough. so i guess we'll see about statements and if it has an effect on supply.

I wonder how long it takes before someone says it was Nintendo to create an artificial shortage of hardware...

Edit: Damnit, beaten!

antonz

This could be big news. digging into mitsumis relations with Nintendo. They have manufactured Nintendos controllers going all the way back to the NES/Famicom with only missing out on the N64 and the wifi chip for the DSLite

Neo C.

Stupid nationalism is stupid, but they should leave my materialism alone! I'm sorry, but I care more for my launch unit Wii U than this tiny island.

aeroslash

It's not for the tiny islands...it's for the sea that they will gain. Each island will give more sea to China, on a waters with plenty of resources.

NeoRausch

I didn't even realise that chinese workers are "allowed" to go on strike/demonstrate without getting hammered down by police.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Hard to get any 'real' media out of China.
They let you know what they want to let you know and throw in as much propaganda as needed.

I didn't even realise that chinese workers are "allowed" to go on strike/demonstrate without getting hammered down by police.

If it's against Japan, then it's ok to them. Chinese government hasn't really done anything out of their way to stop the riots. Just enough to appear like they are.

So much shit over a few rocks jutting out of the ocean.

Rocks with resources, including oil.

Top Bottom