• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Nothing out there seems too farfetched except for like.. Agent 47. I'm a bit surprised at Lightning instead of Sora if there's Square representation, but I remember reading that Disney owns Sora or something?

Those third-party characters are like, my dream picks.

Some of the first party stuff contradicts info we know though, but I don't know how much that discredits it.

Mario007

A lot of it's from this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453368
But lo-ping organized it.
http://www.lo-ping.org/2011/11/28/sony-smash-bros-kerfuffle/

Nothing out there seems too farfetched except for like.. Agent 47. I'm a bit surprised at Lightning instead of Sora if there's Square representation, but I remember reading that Disney owns Sora or something?

Yeah they do, plus Square is trying to pimp out Lightning as much as they can.

Commenting on the list, I'd say Sony and Ubi would be more interested in having Ezio in there and not Altair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah they do, plus Square is trying to pimp out Lightning as much as they can.

Commenting on the list, I'd say Sony and Ubi would be more interested in having Ezio in there and not Altair.

Me and the same friend were talking about it. We think Altair on there shows it as an old list. It is likely Ezio or Conor now. It probably wouldn't take much to change him. My thing is, that's a whole lot of gun dudes.

Ploid 3.0

Buzz would have to be wrong right? Or did they maybe mix him up as a background character? Weird list, the entries like "Clank+Daxter team" with "Parappa+Um Jammer team" when Parappa is already a solo character. Maybe they changed things around.

How old is this list?

Yeah the third party stuff is weird. Chell is confirmed?

KevinCow

Banned
Hi.

Um, honestly there's not much i could add to this thread. NeoGAF is unbelievably good at tracking down every bit of pre-release info available anywhere.

Just wanted to say thanks for the support and for giving us the benefit of the doubt.

I know you aren't in a position to answer big questions, but do you think you could clarify a couple things?

1) I'm positive I saw Omar specifically mention that they're thinking about sticks with this game, but I haven't been able to find that video again. Could you confirm this so that a few people can breathe a sigh of relief?

2) Several previews have mentioned that the right stick is used for grabs, but nobody's really elaborated on what that means. So... what does that mean? You flick the stick in any direction to grab, as if it were a button? You flick in the direction you want to grab?

3) Please pass on my idea of Ico using Yorda as a bludgeoning weapon.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
From zoner's link, here are the rumored stages:

Wipeout Ships
Warhawk planes
SOCOM attack squad
Zombies from Medieval including Zarrok
Quark and Nefarious bursting in
Metal Gear Rex
Timesplitters Characters
Sully and Elena cameo
Level in creation from LBP
Buzz questions popping up
Atlas and P-body + GlaDOS cropping up on portal level
SOTC/Ico/The Guardian remix Stage

Bolded are the ones that were shown. Do note that this came from a Nov 28 2011 rumor.

Who is Chell?

Portal and Portal 2 protagonist.

Kinda weird because I usually associate Chell with Steam/PC.

jiggle

3rd Party (12 Characters)
Chell (Confirmed)
John Marston (Based on a dev image saying “Marston. J” in characters)
James Bond (Confirmed)
Isaac Clarke
Captain Price
The Prince (Katamari)
Altair
Paul Phoenix
Rayman
Lightning
Old Snake

horrible list if real :/
why use the least liked ff main character, that wasn't even exclusive to PS, and snake
i know it's not all up to them, but still

KingK

That third party list is crap. The only good ones there are The Prince and Old Snake. The rest just seem like random characters that have nothing to do with Playstation. I also highly doubt there would be more than 6 third party characters, let alone 12. Plus some of the first party stuff contradicts what we already know, so I'm calling bullshit on the list.

Ploid 3.0

From zoner's link, here are the rumored stages:

Bolded are the ones that were shown. Do note that this came from a Nov 28 2011 rumor.

Portal and Portal 2 protagonist.

Kinda weird because I usually associate Chell with Steam/PC.

Oh dang, this is looking SF4-UMVC3 leak list kind of legit now :|

The third party stuff is weird because it's a lot of non exclusive stuff from recent games. No Cloud or Sep.. something classic. Aww man, maybe for part 2. I'll still make use of the characters. They don't seem uninteresting, just that I wanted the classic stuff more.

Really? The third-party list is pretty damn great to me. Which likely means it won't happen.

I really don't understand why Marston, Price or Agent 47 are there. I wouldn't say that any of them are iconic PS character. Price is more associated with the 360 due to all of the MS marketing with that series. Martson and Agent 47 aren't really associated with anyone. And why would they go to Square/Eidos for anyone other than Lara?

I really don't understand why Marston, Price or Agent 47 are there. I wouldn't say that any of them are iconic PS character. Price is more associated with the 360 due to all of the MS marketing with that series. Martson and Agent 47 aren't really associated with anyone. And why would they go to Square/Eidos for anyone other than Lara?

RDR was originally a PS3 exclusive.....so there is that, but you are right about Price and Agent 47. We also need more melee characters.

SmithnCo

Another good point, there are other characters from these companies that would fit better for a PS-focused fighter. Agent 47 over Lara is indeed bizarre. Unless the publishers wanted specific characters.

I would like to see the game have that amount of third parties though. The wait for E3 will be a long one.

jiggle

that 1st party list reeks more than 3rd party
did they completely forget about the Japanese branch of the company?
toro, that's it??! (noby noby boy is namco no?)
seriously??????????????
many of us feared something like that would happen as soon as the game was rumored
but if the list is true
that's way worse than anyone thought

KevinCow

Banned
A lot of it's from this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453368
But lo-ping organized it.
http://www.lo-ping.org/2011/11/28/sony-smash-bros-kerfuffle/

Man, that list would be massively disappointing if true. It seems put together with the thought process of, "Who's popular right now?" rather than, "Who is significant and/or unique to the Playstation brand, and would be interesting to play as in a fighting game?"

Yet, I could see it being true if the wrong people are involved in this decision-making process.

Also, I know who Bentley is, but who's George?

I still think my list would be a great lineup with pretty widespread appeal. Except replace Blasto with Tomba if they can get him, or someone from Legend of Dragoon if they can't, and replace Nariko with Sackboy because I am dumb and forgot about Sackboy when I was making that list.

SmithnCo

that 1st party list reeks more than 3rd party
did they completely forget about the Japanese branch of the company?
toro, that's it??! (noby noby boy is namco no?)
seriously??????????????
many of us feared something like that would happen as soon as the game was rumored
but if the list is true
that's way worse than anyone thought

Yeah, Noby Noby is Namco, there's even a Noby Noby Boy iphone app.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm okay with the list though.

I hope John Marston is real, I can't wait to skin a character.

Ploid 3.0

I'm hoping a lot of the list was filling in the blanks with guesses while they had a few real bits. I don't think they just got lucky on the Buzz answering questions, and LBP building level thing.

jiggle

Man, that list would be massively disappointing if true. It seems put together with the thought process of, "Who's popular right now?" rather than, "Who is significant and/or unique to the Playstation brand, and would be interesting to play as in a fighting game?"
might as well call it Heroes on the Move II

Drencrom

Some of those 3rd party characters are ridiculous. Cap. Price, Agent 47, Marston and Isaac Clarke? I call bull on that list.

SmithnCo

I wonder how Chell would even work. Would her portals stick to walls and floors indefinitely, or would they float in midair (which would be weird).

It would be pretty abstract, but different for a fighter. I'm not going to dwell on these rumors though, they are pretty tenuous.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm surprised at how few people are calling out James Bond.

Also gotta point out, having Bond, Agent 47, Snake, and Gabe Logan all on the same list seems pretty redundant.

Holy shit that list is awful. Most of the third party ones are current gen multiplatform characters, with only two that I'd actually associate with PlayStation (Paul and Old Snake, though he's still technically current gen). And hell, the first party list is massively geared towards the current gen as well. If the purpose of this game was to celebrate Sony's descent into third place, that's the kind of lineup I'd expect, but something celebrating Sony's history? No, for that I'd expect characters like Lara, Cloud, Sephiroth, normal Snake, Crash, Spyro, Dante, Leon, etc.

I seriously hope that list is mostly bullshit.

I think that list imeans nothing.

It seems to just pick out everything shown in the Michael advertisement and the original leaks, and then indicate confirmed or not confirmed on the list.

Most of the list isn't confirmed and just came out of the ad

Plus we already have inaccuracies in the stages, and characters confirmed that aren't listed like Sly.

Patapwn

Holy shit that list is awful. Most of the third party ones are current gen multiplatform characters, with only two that I'd actually associate with PlayStation (Paul and Old Snake, though he's still technically current gen). And hell, the first party list is massively geared towards the current gen as well. If the purpose of this game was to celebrate Sony's descent into third place, that's the kind of lineup I'd expect, but something celebrating Sony's history? No, for that I'd expect characters like Lara, Cloud, Sephiroth, normal Snake, Crash, Spyro, Dante, Leon, etc.

I seriously hope that list is mostly bullshit.
If Sony didn't AT LEAST coax activision into animating the lifeless corpses of Spyro and Crash, this game can go right the fuck off.

Lara would be cool and makes sense. I mean, she does have a game coming out soon. I don't think it would be hard to secure her unless Sony is foolish.

Cloud and Sephiroth are wild cards. They = no brainer but SE could be total assholes about the whole thing. As a matter of fact, if they don't appear in the game I'm willing to bet it was exclusively their doing

Tizoc

The lack of Crash on that list is disappointing...but why Paul Phoenix of all Tekken characters? ...and Old Snake? I'd assumed that younger Snake was more popular.

Hell to the no to Lightning. Don't even pick a character from FF13 cast. I rather have Zell then all of them combined and I don't even like Zell much.

Caj814

The lack of Crash on that list is disappointing...but why Paul Phoenix of all Tekken characters? ...and Old Snake? I'd assumed that younger Snake was more popular.

Probably because younger Snake was already featured in Smash Bros. Brawl. Plus they could take advantage of his MGS4 gear for a fresh move list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom