• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon (Wii) famitsu scans

Lobster

Banned
Oh god I hope theres some Crystal Chronicles 2 :( (Scans)

This looks good, just hope that the spot shadows are fixed up. The game already looks nice and the fire looks pretty nice.

Yeah it's a roguelike. Also I guess one could say it's the sequel to the PSX game...Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon.

If you want a taste of what CMD Wii is going to be like your best bet is to grab Nightmare of Druaga for cheap. At least you'll understand the basic gameplay elements and so on.

Also in the world of Roguelikes I find Nightmare to be one of the "friendlier" ones. Many of them when you die basically wipe your character and the only experience you gain is the kind that can't be broken down into points. Nightmare on the other hand allows you to keep your experience levels even when you die and unless you do something ridiculously dumb(like spring a trap while being attacked by an enemy) you always have one last chance to escape from a dungeon if your HP is critical. Also you save your more precious weapons & armor so that you can keep them if you die(Cause everything else unsaved and otherwise is gone). Also to prevent cheating the game saves before and after each excursion into the dungeon.

All that said it is one of the kinder Roguelikes. Then again I've never played any of Chunsoft's other games so I can't say if Chocobo's MD will follow suit. At least from the screenshots it looks like the same game.

Wasn't this one announced like, 4 months ago? It's already coming out in winter so it looks pretty good for a rush job. They would have announced and released two Wii games, probably more, before FFXIII is even out >.>

Sagitario

titiklabingapat said:
Wasn't this one announced like, 4 months ago? It's already coming out in winter so it looks pretty good for a rush job. They would have announced and released two Wii games, probably more, before FFXIII is even out >.>

I don't think SE started working on this just 4 months ago ;) ...

Tempy said:
Will this come over to the West? More specifically, Europe :( :( :(
(I hate regioning)

Did Europe get the Chocobo Tales DS game?
Yes it did.

Also IIRC Chocobo MD PS1 got a PAL release.
Chocobo MD Wii seems like a no-brainer then.

E-phonk

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah it's a roguelike. Also I guess one could say it's the sequel to the PSX game...Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon.

If you want a taste of what CMD Wii is going to be like your best bet is to grab Nightmare of Druaga for cheap. At least you'll understand the basic gameplay elements and so on.

Thanks, I played the pokemon DS dungeon game a few months ago, so I kind of knows how it works then.

lupin23rd

Famitsu fails. They have interviews with two developers (I assume that's what they are, too tired to read) - isn't the producer of the game a really hot chick? Why not talk to her. Christ.

Polari

Why is it that even Square-Enix's shit games looks loads better than pretty much anything else third parties (with the potential exception of Capcom) have put out on the Wii?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For a mysterios dungeon game this looks awesome espacially since it`s on wii....that game shows exactly how devs who put just a lil bit effort on their wii games, can make beautiful games :)

kudos@se....

ethelred

A job system for a Mysterious Dungeon game? Whoa, that's kinda cool.

lupin23rd said:
Famitsu fails. They have interviews with two developers (I assume that's what they are, too tired to read) - isn't the producer of the game a really hot chick? Why not talk to her. Christ.

Because not everyone is as fucking retarded as the Jade Raymond fanboy zombies on GAF.

Polari said:
Why is it that even Square-Enix's shit games looks loads better than pretty much anything else third parties (with the potential exception of Capcom) have put out on the Wii?

Why is this a shit game?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
BobJustBob said:
So awesome. Shame there's almost no chance of it coming to the US.

The last one came. I imagine this one will too, even if it gets rebranded as a Final Fantasy Fable/Chocobo Tale title.

Roguelike + job system = :D

ethelred

1up has translated some of the Famitsu info:

The game will star both Final Fantasy icons Chocobo and Cid as they enter into The City of Forgotten Time, where the people have lost their memories. Through the creation of The Labyrinth of Memories by a young boy named Raphael, the two will help bring back memories of these people. The game will have randomly generated dungeons of two types. One in which players will need to explore The Labyrinth of Memories and collect people's memories, and the other is a more traditional dungeon where a boss fight awaits players at the end.

One of the new features in the game is the job system, allowing your Chocobo to choose from various classes such as white mage and black mage. For those familiar with Final Fantasy, each class have their unique abilities such as casting spells and so forth. You can also increase the job level and become proficient in that class. There will be around 10 different classes in which players can choose from.

Players will be able to use the Wiimote either in horizontal or vertical position, although the latter is the recommended method of playing the game. The nunchuk is not needed so you can essentially play the game with one hand as well.

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Labyrinth of Forgotten Time is slated for a winter release in Japan.

So... Alundra storyline, Chocobo & the Magic Picture book style, Mysterious Dungeon dungeon exploration, and a standard Final Fantasy job system with 10 classes.

Unless your job change abilities are on the fly, I fail to see how a White Mage job would be particularly useful when you're on your own.

Sure, you'll never die unless you're stupid, but offense?

Teasel

Pureauthor said:
Unless your job change abilities are on the fly, I fail to see how a White Mage job would be particularly useful when you're on your own.

Sure, you'll never die unless you're stupid, but offense?
well i suppose you have allies to help you like the other games
or maybe your stat don't get changed by the job but only your skills (it was like this in torneko 2... you had a warrior and a wizard class,while your stat wouldn't change by changing job, the skills were different and the wizard couldn't equip any weapon or shield while the warrior couldn't use any magical item like the staves or scroll)
SANCTA!
anyway it always pain me when people talk about roguelike and don't mention fuurai no shiren :(

BobJustBob said:
Shame there's almost no chance of it coming to the US.

Eh, what makes you say that?

They brought over the last Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon game on PSone, as well as the DS Chocobo game, and there've been a number of other Mysterious Dungeon titles localized (Torneko, the Pokemon ones and Nightmare of Druaga...)

Greenpanda said:
Eh, what makes you say that?

They brought over the last Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon game on PSone, as well as the DS Chocobo game, and there've been a number of other Mysterious Dungeon titles localized (Torneko, the Pokemon ones and Nightmare of Druaga...)

Right. Some really old PS1 releases, a few handheld games, and a subpar series entry on the PS2. Doesn't engender confidence.

Really I just don't want to get my hopes dashed as usual. :(

BobJustBob said:
Right. Some really old PS1 releases, a few handheld games, and a subpar series entry on the PS2. Doesn't engender confidence.

Really I just don't want to get my hopes dashed as usual. :(
Okay, what Final Fantasy branded titles haven't made it over?

Itagaki Street, and what else? Really, what else?
This is SO coming over here.

Kazenone

HyperZone<3 said:
Okay, what Final Fantasy branded titles haven't made it over?

Itagaki Street, and what else? Really, what else?
This is SO coming over here.

A lot of SE spin-off games haven't made it out of Japan; Chocobo MD 1, Chocobo Dice, Egg Monster Hero, Shougeki No Ippo Dan. I can imagine why Rocket Slime and Maho no Ehon came out stateside was before it was on the DS, easy to publish and large user base.

But this? I hope so, I love Chocobo and it looks great. Jobs = win.

jarrod

Banned
If we can get Front Mission 1st, we can get *anything* at this point. No way is Squeenix USA going to turn down any Wii releases though...

HyperZone<3 said:
Itagaki Street
54oc0b4.jpg

Top Bottom