• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE Liverpool working on a new game for PS3/Vita.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A new Rollcage would be the bomb on Vita.

Yes. Lordy yes. They even sort of semi-teased the idea of one with the 2025 segment in the Wipeout 2048 intro:
012112_wipeout_2048_intro_t.jpg

Ok lets say this is a new IP. So because its also going to be for the PS3 it means its somehow not an original experience?

According to Sony the majority of Vita owners have a PS3, so how many will prefer the Vita version to the PS3 one? That is the problem I see.

Maedhros

So another port? I want original experiences/exclusives on Vita!

Ports: games being released post release on another platform
Multiplatform: games being worked on multiple platforms and being released at the same time (and this last one isn't really the case for many games, given now we have these exclusivity/temporary exclusivity deals).

So the Vita is getting a multiplatform release.

DBT85

why buy vita version when you can get the ps3. (other than portability) and added potential

For me, Rayman is better on the Vita, I've not played Motorstorm RC on the PS3 at all, I'll not play Sound Shapes on the PS3 at all.

Why buy the game on the format that doesn't fit YOU best.

jett

D-Member
Well as long as these guys are still doing something I'm okay with it. I just hope that something runs at 60fps.

For me, Rayman is better on the Vita, I've not played Motorstorm RC on the PS3 at all, I'll not play Sound Shapes on the PS3 at all.

Why buy the game on the format that doesn't fit YOU best.

because devs will ask why even bother with Vita if that version doesn't sell when Ps3 outsells vita.

Geez the vita will get original games as well, but I don't see the harm in also getting console games on the system. Would you guys like this news article better if it was "SCEE Liverpool is working on a new PS3 game"?

Who's to say that wasn't the original plan and the team decided they could also bring it to the Vita?

DBT85

because devs will ask why even bother with Vita if that version doesn't sell when Ps3 outsells vita.

Surely that depends on "port" costs and revenue gained?

As a consumer I want the choice of which platform to play on. That I get the option of owning both for one price is nice. If not, I'll buy whichever one fits my life best. It's not a default "it's on both, buy the PS3 version".

Surely that depends on "port" costs and revenue gained?

As a consumer I want the choice of which platform to play on. That I get the option of owning both for one price is nice. If not, I'll buy whichever one fits my life best. It's not a default "it's on both, buy the PS3 version".

It's also about building a library. There are a lot of devs out there saying how easy it is to work with the Vita. Retro City Rampage's main guy said it took about a quarter of the effort to bring it to the vita than the ps3.

What I am getting at is, if titles that started development as a ps3 title like Playstation All Stars, Sly 4, and now this can be easily brought over to the vita then it works in a lot of ways. It builds up the vita's library with quality titles for new buyers, gives current vita owners a new game to soak up on the go, and makes for an easy return on investment.

Oh, well it's OBVIOUSLY a new Colony Wars or G-Police.

Please please please please

This would please me greatly!

As much as I love Wipeout, I'd love for one of these other franchises to be resurrected or for these guys to try their hands at something new. Either way, I'll be in.

Atolm

Studio Liverpool has some of the greatest and most overlooked franchises ever, they need to bring back stuff like Rollcage and Colony Wars.

Takao

Banned
So is no one at SCE's western studios actually making an exclusive for Vita? We've heard rumors about Media Molecule's next property being Vita/PS3, as well as GG, and SCEA is a whole 'nother mess.

kevm3

What's funny is that whenever I DO see a Vita exclusive, I see countless people crying about how it needs to come on PS3 so they can play it... "Why would sony pass up on revenue? Put it on as many platforms as possible." Then they put it on both... "WHERE ARE THE VITA EXCLUSIVES?"

Top Bottom