• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Little King's Story |OT| My little king can't possibly be this cute

NewKingsStoryHeader.png

ReleaseDates5.png

Synopsis3.png

Features3.png

• Brand new storyline is a reimagining of the original, featuring King Corobo. Fight and lead your army against the new threat, the Nightmare.
  • Full touch controls give you pin point accuracy in recruiting your army and issuing commands.
  • Many new job classes are available, there are more than 20 total jobs available for your citizens.
  • Revised combat system, princesses can act as support in battle.
  • Soundtrack features new arrangements of classical music.
  • Fully functioning weather and 24 hour day+night systems.
  • Hospitals let your fallen subjects recover instead of simply dying.
  • Multiplayer item synthesis allows for faster item creation.
  • Online leaderboards allow for players to compete for the best time.
  • Post launch DLC will include items, quests and costumes.

TheCast.png

ThePrincesses.png

Videos3.png

DLC.png

DLC will include costumes, items and quests.

You can buy items in 23 individual packs, which range in price from 99 cents to $2.99.

Or if you love King Corobo as much as Princess Apricot does you can get all of the DLC for $19.99 by purchasing the Little King’s DLC Ultimate Pass. New Little King’s Story will have weekly updates with extra weapons, costumes, and power ups.

Here are some examples of costumes for the princesses:

dlcbattle1.png
dlcbattle2.png
dlclolita2.jpg
dlclolita1.jpg

Trophies.png

(Click to view them)​

Reviews3.png

Vandal Spain - 9/10

If you loved Little King's Story you should try this version. Differences are not huge, but enough to make you replay the adventure. A great choice if you enjoy this kind of games, and fully recommendable if you don't have any kind of previous experience.

Meristation Spain - 8.5/10

New Little King's Story is an incredible game that takes everything that we've seen so far in the strategy genre and pushes it even further. More content, same personality and great Vita adaptation.

Gamereactor UK - 8/10

New Little King's Story provides the PS Vita with something it has been missing - and it's a game that will appeal to fans of the both role playing games and simulation. It could have done with an extra layer of polish, and some additional tutorials to make the many systems in play more accessible, but overall growing your kingdom and grooming your subjects was a pleasure.

Pocket Gamer UK - 8/10

New Little King's Story is a tale worth telling. A great real-time strategy / role-playing hybrid, now on the go.

Digital Spy - 8/10

New Little King's Story should be commended for the way it amalgamates several complex genres into one fun and accessible package. It will almost certainly appeal to RPG fans more than real-time strategy veterans, but the elements it draws from both genres complement each other exceptionally well. Although players familiar with the Wii version will notice more than a few similarities, most of the comparisons drawn will no doubt be favourable.

Impulse Gamer AU - 78/100

Controls are quite responsive, graphics are cute and all in all, New Little King Story is probably the most fun I've had on the VITA in months!

Joystiq - 7/10

It's a story that could have used a few more editorial passes, sure, but it's a tale that I'd recommend experiencing nonetheless.

Metro UK - 7/10

A disappointing port of one of the Wii's best games, although still a clever and entertaining mix of Pikmin and The Settlers.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Was interested in checking this out but there doesn't seem to be a physical release?

Not paying 40$ for something I can't resell if I don't like it. Such a bummer.

Was interested in checking this out but there doesn't seem to be a physical release?

Not paying 40$ for something I can't resell if I don't like it. Such a bummer.

Yeah it's digital only in America (bummer), it will have a physical release in the EU regions. Also thank you guys! :)

So what is it ? Sequel or remake ?

It's a reimagining, but it's technically a sequel since the story is a little different.

Cornbread78

Is this available as a DD only for NA, or will there be a retail release?

EDIT:

Yeah it's digital only in America (bummer), it will have a physical release in the EU regions. Also thank you guys! :)

It's a reimagining, but it's technically a sequel since the story is a little different.

well, that answeres that...LOL

I have no room on my memory card atm.... I'll have to buy at least a 16gig...

Shiggy

Everytime I see this game, I wonder why they did this to the art direction. Perhaps they read the book "10 steps to ruin a good-looking videogame". :/

Replicant

I'm highly disturbed now that I actually know where that heading title came from/is a pun of. Anyway, looks cute. Shame I don't have Vita.

kiyomi

Great OT. I'm interested but £35 is probably too steep for me.

I never played the Wii version but for a little king, he sure has a lot of futurewaifus.

krYlon

I hear there's slowdown in this game. Hope it isn't too bad.

I think the touch controls will improve this game a fair bit.

Dantis

Not sure what I think of the new art style. It's well drawn, I guess, but I don't care for the actual style.

I'll probably still give it a rent. My poor Vita doesn't get used for actual Vita games much.

Rootbeer

Banned
Do we know if they have made any improvements what-so-ever since the J release? Or is it strictly a translation and nothing else

Yeah, I've heard the slowdown gets very noticeable when you have several characters on screen

Rootbeer

Banned
Not sure what I think of the new art style. It's well drawn, I guess, but I don't care for the actual style.

I'll probably still give it a rent. My poor Vita doesn't get used for actual Vita games much.

What? You... didn't buy LBP? wtf man.

Also, you can't rent it in the USA, so depending on where you are...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Well... then I have bad news for you.

Cornbread78

Well, that unfortunate for you. Hopefully you eventually find something you want to play. I've found myself buying games outside of my comfort zone and absolutely loving them with the VITA.

warerare

Just finished the Wii game a few weeks ago and it was one of the best and most thought provoking games I have played in a long time. Shame I don't have a Vita or this would be a day one purchase.

Nakiro

What's with the digital only? First One Piece and now this game.. I would prefer the physical copy.. but I will get this game regardless.

Looks like you can buy the import for less than $50 on eBay.
Will do.

Wow, will be checking this out. As long as shipping isn't too rough..

I'm confused what's the point of princesses? Are they there for some sort of romance element? Do you pick one to marry?

Yeah you can marry a princess now, there are dating sim elements in the game now.

Also, is it weird that Verde is lumped in with the princesses with the costume DLC simply labeled as "Princess Set xx" ? She's an advisor, unless that means she's a potential bride too..

Haunted

Greatly disappointed in the art style change. Unique, fun and charming turns into generic, boring and frankly, shit.

Poor Cing. :(

I played the JP release. I liked it a lot.

Expecting to see a lot of "holy SLOWDOWNNNNN" in this thread though XD

Also, as a note to anyone who is importing cross-region, there IS DLC for the Japanese game, but it's all paid and all costumes and worthless crap so if you don't care much for that stuff, feel free to pick up the physical EU release.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Yeah you can marry a princess now, there are dating sim elements in the game now.

Also, is it weird that Verde is lumped in with the princesses with the costume DLC simply labeled as "Princess Set xx" ? She's an advisor, unless that means she's a potential bride too..
I took shipping into account. ;)
About $48 shipped from two sellers

The Hermit

Man the original artstyle was so amazing... LKS is easilly on my top 5 Wii games, loved it so much.

And the whistlying sound when he throws the citizen... I don't remember it being in the original.

Over the years I've wished for sequels or remakes of my favourite entertainment. Just to get another taste of what I loved.

I loved little King's story and the childish cartoony style and they decided to turn it into some sort of hentai? Sweet menstruating christ. Looks like I should be careful what I wish for.

kuroshiki

Day One.

Everytime I see this game, I wonder why they did this to the art direction. Perhaps they read the book "10 steps to ruin a good-looking videogame". :/

In my humble opinion this looks 100000x better than Wii original.

Top Bottom