• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 25-31 | 12k matches & excelling at other things in life

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iUMef5zCoFfui.png

Week of March 25th to the 31st.

Fighting Games Weekly is the weekly discussion thread for all things fighting games. News, events, streams, videos, players, drama, everything fighting game related.

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below. Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Last week's thread.​

i21eNNLQhmgu.png

Skullgirls DLC Fundraiser Ends [ Thread ] [ Wednesday the 17th ] [ 12PM EDT | 9AM PDT ]
Curleh Mustache Battle Royal [ Thread ] [ Friday the 29th ] [ 2PM EDT | 11AM PDT ]
Final Round XVI [ Thread ] [ Friday the 29th ] [ 2PM EDT | 11AM PDT ]
  • FunkyP will be handling the secondary stream.
  • Sixfortyfive, GAF's own, will be handling the third stream.
  • Two additional MK9 streams are TBA.
  • The hypest tournament of the year returns. Widely regarded as one of the most entertaining streaming and attending experiences of the year for fighting games, FRXVI is back bigger than ever.
  • This event is an East Coast TTT2 Circuit qualifier, a Fall Classic qualifier and a VxG qualifier for TTT2 and MK9.
  • Schedules, rules, location, format and much more information is available here.
Mix Up Night #10 [ Saturday the 30th ] [ 3:30PM JST | 2:30AM EDT | 11:30PM PDT (previous day) ]
Grab your Legs! [ Saturday the 30th ] [ 12PM EDT | 9AM PDT ]

ibpy4DqFeoXEW4.png

UltraChenTV: First Attack & Lv3 Focus [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
Ultimate Fight Night [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Bi-weekly featuring around 5 exhibition matches in AE, with a main event usually featuring top players.

ibecfEgd0VLJO7.png

Kachitagari TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Bon-chan, Kazunoko and Fuudo's new show, focusing primarily on SSFIV AE ranked matches but is branching off into other games as well.
WinnerStaysOn (UK) [ 7PM BST | 2PM EDT | 11AM PDT ]
  • SSFIV AE and UMvC3 out of the UK, alternating between them every week. [ON HIATUS]
Iron Fist League [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • TS Sabin a.k.a. Arturo Sanchez and Anakin host an online TTT2 league featuring hand-picked participants. It is in a round robin format and prizes include entry and venue fee coverage for the upcoming Final Round.
The Break Weekly [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • New Jersey's largest weekly featuring SSFIV AE and UMvC3.
WakeUp SRK Live [ 9:30PM EDT | 6:30 PDT ]
  • Keits and skisonic host the weekly official podcast of Shoryuken.com
The On Blast Show [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • JamessMK & DarKNaTaS host a raw and uncut weekly talk show discussing events in the FGC with various FGC personalities.
UltraChenTV: Level 3 Focus [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
When's Marvel Weekly [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • FChamp and the FGTV Live crew host weekly Marvel sessions and hijinks.
Cross Counter LIVE [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
  • Cross Counter LIVE returns with the help of VxG. Cross Counter LIVE is a weekly talk show hosted by Gootecks and Mike Ross, who discuss hot button topics in the fighting game community.
The Show That Sucks [ 1AM EDT (following day) | 10PM PDT ]
  • iPlaywinner hosts a weekly talk show featuring alpha stream monsters Harrison and Honzo Gonzo.

iPyLZQFf7lWbd.png

Game Spot Versus KoF Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • KoF 1998UM, KoF 2002UM and KoF XIII C action from Japan.
TOPANGA TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Next Level Battle Circuit [ 8PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • NYC's biggest weekly at The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn featuring SSFIV AE, UMvC3 and TTT2. If the Teamsp00ky link is not working, it is likely on the backup stream on Bifuteki's channel.
Melee It On Me [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Smash podcast discussing recent events, news and issues in the Smash community, hosted by Scar, Prog, Cactuar and Sheridan.
Wednesday Night Fights [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
Starbase Arcade [ 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT ]
  • NorCal weekly featuring SSFIV AE and UMvC3. [ON HIATUS]

iVzRxuKRiBFVb.png

Game Spot Versus SFIII:3S Casuals + East-West Battle (JP) [ 8:20PM JST | 7:20AM EDT | 4:20AM PDT ]
  • 3rd Strike action from Japan.
The Breakdown with DJ Huoshen and Unkn0wn [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Thursday Night Vampire Savior Ranbats [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Arcade Legacy VS streams out of Cincinnati, Ohio, with varying formats every week.
Valley Stream Monsters Thursday Night Casuals [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • MK9. Description needed.
Stream Monster Online Tournament [ 8:30 EDT | 5:30 PDT ]
  • Weekly 16-player UMvC3 online tournament run by FGTV and sponsored by eightarc.
FNC The Arena [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • UMvC3 weekly out of Long Island, New York, which sometimes features other games.
Salty Cupcakes [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
The Fray [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • A weekly FGC talk show hosted by iPlaywinner, featuring a varying, ensemble cast of prominent members of the fighting game community.
The Runback Season 4 [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
Thursday Night Throwdown [ 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT ]
  • Description needed.

iboMhZ3uYuJ9BO.png

Game Spot Versus Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • Streaming the newest version of Extreme Vs.
KaoTV! (JP) [ 11PM JST | 10AM EDT | 7AM PDT ]
Rokrew Arena [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Biweekly stream out of New Jersey featuring P4:A and Guilty Gear/Aquapazza alternating.
Fraud-Free Fridays [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Weekly tournament run at the FGTV house. Don't forget about the second FGTV stream as well which compliments the main one. [ON HIATUS]
No Mercy Fridays [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Norcal weekly featuring VF5:FS, SCV and TTT2 continues at it's new location, Starbase Arcade.
Electric Wind God Fridays [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • TTT2 weeklies hosted by Aris out of Super Arcade in Walnut, California.

iPFL8tsIxU1un.png

Game Spot Versus SSFIIX Casuals & 3on3 Tournament (JP) [ 8:20PM JST | 7:20AM EDT | 4:20AM PDT ]
  • Super Turbo action from Japan.
Saturday Night Snapback [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • NorCal weekly featuring SFxTK, SSFIV AE and UMvC3 continues at it's new location, Starbase Arcade.

ibnaQzvIvdHU3z.png

Game Spot Versus CvS2 Casuals & 3on3 Tournament (JP) [ 1PM JST | 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT (previous day) ]
  • CvS2 action from Japan.
Real Honest Sundays [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • NorCal weekly featuring CvS2 and KoF XIII C continues at it's new location, Starbase Arcade.
GGPO VanBats [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Weekly GGPO Vampire Savior ranbats streamed by GAFer Rotanibor.

iHQzZ24kcsQiA.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too:
Additionally, if you want to really get involved, you may want to check out the various OTs for specific games:
GAF isn't the only FG community in town though. Here are a whole bunch of other FG communities across the internet that may be of interest:
  • 8WayRun - Soul Calibur franchise community
  • DOACentral - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Dream Cancel - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more US-centric
  • Dustloop - Forums/community for Arc System Works-developed games
  • Eventhubs - Frequently updated news blog, resource and forums for all things fighting games
  • FGCPros hub on Twitch.tv - A collective group of fighting game streamers on Twitch.tv
  • FreeStepDodge - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Homing Cancel - Arcana Heart community
  • iPlaywinner - Large fighting game news site and resource, and the home to Teamsp00ky and iPlaywinner
  • Jet Upper - UK-centric news source and community
  • Mayonaka Midnight - Persona 4 Arena community and resource
  • Melty Bread - Melty Blood community
  • Mizuumi - A resource for various "poverty" games
  • Orochinagi - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more EU-centric
  • Shoryuken - Mainly 2D, Capcom game centric hub, and probably one of, if not the largest FG community on the internet
  • TekkenZaibatsu - Tekken franchise community
  • Test Your Might - Mortal Kombat and Injustice community and resource
  • UKFGC - UK-centric news source and community
  • Smash Boards - The largest Smash Bros. Community™
  • VFDC - Virtua Fighter franchise community site

- - -

If you have any suggestions for the OP, please do not hesitate to post in this thread or PM me to let me know.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you haven't already:

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below.

Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Busaiku

enzro, there's a Team St1ckbug monthly this Saturday.
Games are Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+, Vampire Savior, The King of Fighters XIII, and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown.

Had my unleashed brokentier shirt show up today. Decent quality, light yet warm. Also reasonable international delivery time.

Satisfied customer.

Tizoc

how do you guys memorize the timing between each button?

Eh? My memory's a little rusty but I could prob. list most of the combos for each character in Garou MotW at least.
SSF4's combos aren't that hard to memorize, I prob. know everyone's most effective combos...well except those that require linking at least.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can't wait to see what Panda cooks up for the Final Round thread.

how do you guys memorize the timing between each button?

You keep playing and doing it until you can do it and keep doing it until you get it down while playing. Kinda like DBZ. It was hard for them to go SSJ but it became easier and easier as they kept doing it.

There is no video out there that can teach you experience.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Arturo tell us about your adventures with drunk Daigo.

He gave me a hug all drunk and was happy to see me and told me he really enjoyed our matches in 2010 and that I was a legend lol. Pretty fun, it's nice to see daigo open up for once rather than the stone face he had back in the day lol

El Sloth

Banned
this is really frustrating to me cuz i'm a professional musician, i though learning combos in a videogame would be easy, i mean compared to rhythmic tests in college. xD
This doesn't really have anything to do with what you were asking about, but I've noticed that my friends who know how to play guitar learn how to piano much more quickly than anyone else and have an easier time doing it consistently. Maybe look into Honda or Blanka? Or even Chun?

alstein

ANY AMOUNT OF MATCHES

I work very long shifts during Final Round.

Fuck.

I am as well, with my job situation and getting sequestered out of a job in two months I need all the shifts I can get. That said, I don't feel confident enough about my VF game to hit a major right now, and I don't really play anything outside of that +Darkstalkers right now.

USD

Besides FR16, there's also Mix Up Night #10 on Saturday in Japan. This month's tournaments are Street Fighter X Tekken and Vampire Savior. A LOT of Savior players are showing up, so you should see some really great action.

Current entry lists:

SFXTK

TEAM HORI sako
Yamaoka Shirou (DD)
Hoshina
Sakamoto
Niisan
Kindo
Teruchika
Uryo
Esuta

VS

TEAM HORI sako
Yamaoka Shirou (DD)
Sasunii
Hoshina
Kame
SuperMotiMoti
Kaji
Sakamoto
Nekohashi
Chuugen
Uminoko
Takahashi
Maburuu
Yamaji T.T
OBORO
CAT-K@Arai
Bussken
Ishikiri
Teruchika
Dara
Haitani
Oshabu
Wantaaren
Banana Umeshu
Kiyo
Usushio

Besides FR16, there's also Mix Up Night #10 on Saturday in Japan. This month's tournaments are Street Fighter X Tekken and Vampire Savior. A LOT of Savior players are showing up, so you should see some really great action.

Current entry lists:

SFXTK

TEAM HORI sako
Yamaoka Shirou (DD)
Hoshina
Sakamoto
Niisan
Kindo
Teruchika
Uryo
Esuta

VS

TEAM HORI sako
Yamaoka Shirou (DD)
Sasunii
Hoshina
Kame
SuperMotiMoti
Kaji
Sakamoto
Nekohashi
Chuugen
Uminoko
Takahashi
Maburuu
Yamaji T.T
OBORO
CAT-K@Arai
Bussken
Ishikiri
Teruchika
Dara
Haitani
Oshabu
Wantaaren
Banana Umeshu
Kiyo
Usushio

Nice. Do you know what team sako uses for sfxt?

Tizoc

Current entry lists:

SFXTK

TEAM HORI sako
Yamaoka Shirou (DD)
Hoshina
Sakamoto
Niisan
Kindo
Teruchika
Uryo
Esuta

VS

TEAM HORI sako
Yamaoka Shirou (DD)
Sasunii
Hoshina
Kame
SuperMotiMoti
Kaji
Sakamoto
Nekohashi
Chuugen
Uminoko
Takahashi
Maburuu
Yamaji T.T
OBORO
CAT-K@Arai
Bussken
Ishikiri
Teruchika
Dara
Haitani
Oshabu
Wantaaren
Banana Umeshu
Kiyo
Usushio

Nice to see a lot of entries for VS, but the game is popular in Japan.

Someone tell Mr. Wizard to feature VS/Darkstalkers 3 finals in EVO this year!

Top Bottom