• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars coming to Next Gen, PC, SteamOS- Fall 2014

cars_banner1.png

Per SMS
Today, Slightly Mad Studios are proud to announce that crowd-powered, AAA racing title Project CARS will be coming to three further gaming platforms in 2014.

Both Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles will see Project CARS racing onto them during 2014 as gaming enters the next generation with new benchmarks of graphical fidelity and technical power becoming possible and Project CARS aiming to set a new standard for virtual racing for motorsports and car fans around the world.

Furthermore, Project CARS will also be coming to Valve’s Steam OS, extending an existing partnership with Steam that has already allowed tens of thousands of WMD members the ability to download and play builds of the game during its development and allow specific multiplayer and social features that are only possible using this unique platform.

This is one of the first games officially announced for Steam OS, I believe.

Xater

That's cool.

They are still aiming for the Wii U? I thought they would have dropped that with the support of PS3/360.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Nice.

Been holding off playing the beta a bit too much as I want to enjoy it fully upon release but I'm confident the game will deliver.

_machine

That's cool.

They are still aiming for the Wii U? I thought they would have dropped that with the support of PS3/360.
Wii U is still being developed and it's apparently compiling on the platform too so they aren't dropping it just yet (there's a bit of a debate about it's sales though, so we'll still see), whilst the "cross-gen" versions would probably spread the team too wide apart and the launch is probably too late for it to be effective on those platforms.

_machine

Not the biggest thing for me (I can stand 30fps in almost all games), but it's going to be 60fps on the next gen console versus the planned 30fps on the current gen consoles.

Resolution wise though, I'm guessing XB1 will have a hard time reaching 1080p due to it using a heavily deferred renderer.

patientx

What's up with people always looking shocked to hear that there is wiiu version for this game ? They are far into its development already had a video of the game running on wiiu about a year ago (I think) too.. XB1 , PS4 will be easier because they can use PC assets easily with these two. Wii U also somewhat has similar hardware considering they are all amd cpu's and graphics cards ... Just a lower Image Quality.

_machine

What's up with people always looking shocked to hear that there is wiiu version for this game ? They are far into its development already had a video of the game running on wiiu about a year ago (I think) too.. XB1 , PS4 will be easier because they can use PC assets easily with these two. Wii U also somewhat has similar hardware considering they are all amd cpu's and graphics cards ... Just a lower Image Quality.
Yeah, it's not that surprising given that they only got a few people working on it,but still the sales projections aren't anything magical.

As for the architecture, it's actually quite different from the new hardware of XB1 or PS4, but their engine programmer worked on the NFS:MW WiiU port and the pCARS port seems to be going well.

patientx

Yeah, it's not that surprising given that they only got a few people working on it,but still the sales projections aren't anything magical.

As for the architecture, it's actually quite different from the new hardware of XB1 or PS4, but their engine programmer worked on the NFS:MW WiiU port and the pCARS port seems to be going well.

Oh, NFS:WiiU developer ? I have higher hopes for this game now.

_machine

Cool.

Can anyone who has played it say if this any good or not? The shift games didnt click with me.
Been there right from the start and whilst there are some rough patches to iron and lots of features to be implemented, I've been really happy with the development and some of the physics are really about to get in the zone. I'll definitely be buying pretty much all racing games next gen at some point, but at the moment I'm guessing this and Assetto Corsa will be my go to games whilst I'll probably enjoy GT6 for what it is for a while.

Oh, NFS:WiiU developer ? I have higher hopes for this game now.
Partly yeah, Martin Griffiths handled the render side of NFS:MW WiiU and is the titled PC Render Coder on pCARS, but he's also currently working on the WiiU version.

Risgroo

Nice! Already have it on PC, great game so far, just needs a better selection of cars, which I'm sure it will have by the time it launches.

rhoq

Maybe? It was announced for Wii U a long, long time ago.

Yeah, but that was before the Wii U even launched.

In a time where the system is in desperate need of third party support, it's nice to see that the Wii U version is has not been abandoned.

Tehalemi

Said it long ago in another thread, I'll buy the Wii U version for gamepad features + Steam Machine(or whenever I can get a rig. Depends on price and which one is available to me first.) to make my future PC rig cry >:D

ibxgpQBxxPab7C.gif

Vrooom! :3

Top Bottom