• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RNG made you play 2000 hrs though. And I bet you liked most of it.

How much would you have played if you had gotten the Horn within minutes with 3oC?

A sht ton, and still alot because of my clan mostly.
I was 400 before the last raid even dropped just to let you know how much i played this game. And i had SLOWED down my destiny time leading up to rise of iron.
Icebreaker is my favorite gun and its not even my top 10 most used.
Time has to matter somewhat, it cant just all be left up to rng, while joe schmoe get ghally with 5 hrs played going through his first raid.
Nevermind bungie lied about taking it out of xurs lootpool.

I did a lot of needless grinding throughout destiny too.
There was nothing even REMOTELY fun about the exotic sword quests.
But i did all 3 just to aquire the weapons, because they were basically the new ghallys.

Not excited for Destiny 2 after getting locked out of features I had already paid for in the first game when I didn't buy a DLC "expansion."

Just blows my mind that people are excited to once again pay for a fraction of the game at launch only to enjoy it for ~3 months before they will need to pay up in order to keep playing all the modes originally available at launch.

Especially not hyped when you add in the lack of dedicated servers in a game that wants you to always be playing with other players and can only be played when you have an internet connection.

Most of us d1 players want more content. The cost is miniscule compared to the # of hours played. I"m over 3000. It's a subscription game in disguise.

Midas

C_-SJmWVYAA33gf.jpg:large

I'm ready yeah, but I'm not expecting much. I actually sat out the whole hype cycle for D1 until I picked it up on a whim from Redbox, needless to say it didn't get returned. The game wasn't perfect but it's pretty much impossible for Bungie to top that first impression I had of the game, warts and all with this. I played too much of the vanilla to not be able to see shit like repeating tasks, similar enemy types, uninspired guns, etc that the sequel will no doubt include. Hoping for the best though.

SkylineRKR

I like RNG. But gear needed to drop more frequent, perhaps 3 chances on 1 account (so you didn't have to switch and grind alts and all that) and the chance of dupes needed to be lower. I also think the chance on PvP needed to be a tad higher, I got like 1 exotic drop in 25 hours of PvP. Thats a bit low for players who are PvP centered. But the system was perfect otherwise.

People bitch when they get bad stuff or no stuff at all, but all the more excitement when that elusive piece finally drops, right? Thats part of the fun. I mean wtf was up with 3oC? You pop coins and you do worthless Strikes for a full evening and likely have a handful of exotics. Great wasn't it? Also didn't help that most exotics and raid drops in TTK were dog shit.

I also liked the exotic bounties. Thorn was a weapon you had to earn by actually playing decent (again, it could've been less strict as not everyone had void stuff, not to mention hunter class).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm more curious if they fix the loot stuff.

I wish they'd embrace the Diablo model and forget the MMO/WoW model. Let people grind for weapons as much as they want instead of the weekly drop thing. That'd also solve the problem of people running 3 characters just to get the most drops possible (which is something you HAD to do in Destiny 1 if you wanted to keep up with any of your friends... which in turn turned the game into a job, where people had to save checkpoints at 5am and yaddayaddayadda).

Things I'm certain of:
- 60fps

I should note, this came from someone at Activision QA who's seen the game. I'm starting to doubt the other three points. But we're just a few hours from reveal. I guess we'll see.

Midas

I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

Leaks!!! No idea how valid this is. But we'll know in less than two days anyway. :)

"The next PS4" is just weird. Are you saying that Sony will release a third PS4 version before PS5? That's the biggest news here if what you're saying is true.

elcapitan

- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.
Shit, cross save would definitely make me double dip for PS4Pro and PC.

My god I hope your source's are right. I have pretty much all ruled out 60fps but I would love to be proved wrong.

How are they handling cross save between PS4 and PC if the former has exclusive content?

Gator86

I feel like there's no chance of any of this stuff aside from the PS4 exclusive content. Devs ignore the Pro all day and there's no way this is hitting 60, despite how awesome that would be.

Midas

And why would MS hold back cross save when they're basically embracing PC with all their games? No, too many weird things in that list.

Raven117

Gold Member
Yeah...Im excited.

Put more hours into Destiny than any other game I have ever played...and im in my 30s for goodnessakes.

Lee

How are they handling cross save between PS4 and PC if the former has exclusive content?

Xbox players could glitch into a PS exclusive strike area. It wasn't playable but the space existed. Also there have been items you could "have" but not use. The rewards from the first SRL book for example. The items can show up in your inventory, you just can't equip them.

I'm sure it's all changed, but those are some examples from Destiny that come to mind.

jeffc919

And why would MS hold back cross save when they're basically embracing PC with all their games? No, too many weird things in that list.

Maybe Sony said we'll only agree to cross-save with PC if you don't offer it on Xbox. Again, just thinking out loud for a possible explanation. It would be kind of a win-win for Sony and Activision. Sony gets one more selling point over their primary competition. Activision sells more copies of the game from people double dipping on console and PC. The losers of course are MS and players that buy the game on Xbox and would have liked the option to play on PC with cross-save. Anyway, could be a total BS rumor but I can see the rationale for how this could happen.

Loris146

On PS4X1?
okp66FD.gif

Hope is true though.

The next PS4? I'm lost

60fps? for x1 and ps4 damn?

psyfi

Banned
I swear to god, I've been murmuring "please be good, please be good" to myself ever since Bungie started teasing Destiny 2. I really want this game to be good! I'm seriously so close to loving the Destiny formula, hopefully D2 offers enough improvements to not sour me again.

Toni

I feel like there's no chance of any of this stuff aside from the PS4 exclusive content. Devs ignore the Pro all day and there's no way this is hitting 60, despite how awesome that would be.

If it doesnt hit it on base PS4, then its going to be rock solid. On PS4 Pro, it will hit it. If not then an unlocked framerate is very feasible.

Any if these is already an improvement over Destiny 1.

Take into account that Sony is heavily pushing this to be associated with PS4. Its not far fetch to think Sony mandated PS4 Pro enhancements as part of the exclusive marketing.

60 fps and deep Pro suppport would be huge.

I honestly can't wait to start the race for getting world's 1st solo Gary, i don't give a crap about anything else, challenges are my thing.

Please be soloable on Titan, self res is boring.

Toni

The "next PS4" falls in line with that rumored console Sony is unveiling this year.

Wether that is a Slim PS4k or a PS4 Pro upgraded to compete with Scorpio remains to be seen.

But I believe this leak. Everything listed seems plausible.

Well if all of these things are true Destiny 2 will be great. It would interesting how Bungie could handle exclusive console in game items with cross save.

I would double dip and have a PC ready by Christmas.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

All of this sounds likely except for the "next PS4 bit". I don't think there would be substantial model coming that isn't just a smaller version.

Next PlayStation in general might make more sense. If there's multi year support and PS5 is out before Destiny 3 I could see that happening

Yeah, the next PS4 makes it sound fake. Other than that, everything else would be a dream. Please Bungo, please. Give us console peasants 60 frames per second.

Gator86

If it doesnt hit it on base PS4, then its going to be rock solid. On PS4 Pro, it will hit it. If not then an unlocked framerate is very feasible.

Any if these is already an improvement over Destiny 1.

Take into account that Sony is heavily pushing this to be associated with PS4. Its not far fetch to think Sony mandated PS4 Pro enhancements as part of the exclusive marketing.

60 fps and deep Pro suppport would be huge.

You'd have to go unlocked on both because of FPS differences in crucible. They let Battleborn get away with different framerates for the Pro in MP, but that's because no one gives a shit about Battleborn. No way they let that happen here unless they go with 60fps for MP, like everyone else, then 30fps on base and 60fps on Pro for SP.

duhmetree

- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play),
and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox

I'm erect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom