• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EpicNameBro working on Dark Souls II strategy guide, thinks it's better than DkS1

Soriku

EpicNameBro is the guy responsible for many Souls lore videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro

He's working on the Dark Souls II Future Press strategy guide:

https://twitter.com/EpicNameBro/status/424703780362285058

Big Souls Project revealed: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0744015472/?tag=neogaf0e-20 Yes. I've been busy. And yes. Dark Souls II is DAMN good.

He's playing it and think it's better than the first game:

https://twitter.com/EpicNameBro/status/424709538025967616

Everyone is asking for impressions that I'm not allowed to give yet. What I can say: Dark Souls 2 is awesome. I like it a lot more than 1.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ENB REALLY likes DkS so if he thinks this is better, that might not be healthy for him.

edit: Also, the DkS guide sucked ass because half the info was changed after the patches started rolling in weeks after launch.

Mupod

Wow, I mean this is the last game I'd buy a strategy guide for, but I loved watching his lore videos. Good news about the game too but I'm buying it anyways so whatever.

Orayn

Whether it's this or Valve canonizing a promising mod, it always warms my heart to see fans get work relating to whatever they're passionate about. Congrats to ENB!

Thats pretty cool.

I watched some of his videos when I was doing my dark souls run.

Wasnt he a teacher in japan or something?

And of course he likes Dark Souls 2 then Souls 1. It pays him better.

Gigarator

I'll end up buying a copy purely because I love a good strategy guide, same reason I bought it for the previous game. The guide for DS1 has seen a price surge too, it's worth more now than when it was released, in the UK at least.

AngryMoth

That's awesome! His videos are great.

But isn't he going to say he likes it regardless if he's doing something official?

Clevinger

Happy for him. He's a good dude and his vids are great. And his lore vids made me enjoy the story part of the Souls games much more.

popyea

That's awesome! His videos are great.

But isn't he going to say he likes it regardless if he's doing something official?

He might have chosen not to say anything. I think this should alleviate some of the fear that the sequel was going to be an obvious step down at least.

Kieli

Happy for him. He's a good dude and his vids are great. And his lore vids made me enjoy the story part of the Souls games much more.

I hope he weaves his many great insights into the strategy guide, as well. It doesn't have to be canon. He could leave it as speculation, suggestions, rumours, etc...

Shengar

If DaS II got seal of approval from ENB himself, then I shouldn't worry about the goddamned T rating myself. Congrats to him for landing the job!

Gorillaz

He is the best person to go to for ALL things Dark/Demon Souls so if feels that way about 2 then it must be that good

edit:i'm definitely happy for him getting the chance of doing the guide too, good guy

mellow

Great opportunity for a great guy.

Just the fact that he feels it's superior to DS1 & DeS is good enough to put me at ease.

RK9039

Apparently it's not just a guide, he's trying to make it more than a guide. Probably lore related.

I need this.

Valnen

Wait, people actually thought this was going to suck? Lol oh internet. You're too cynical for your own good sometimes.

Orayn

Of course they think Dark Souls II is better.

They want your money.

Are people really this gullible?

It's good to be skeptical, but it's not like ENB is the only person who's ever played Dark Souls II. The network tests and convention demos have left people with plenty of positive impressions.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's really cool that a guy who was an enthusiastic and vocal part of the community is being brought in to work with the actual company.

feel

Good for him to land this gig. But his opinion on the quality of DkS2 does carry a lot less weight now, not that I think he doesn't really believe this is the better game. I really enjoyed the Network test so I have no worries about this game, it will be good. Better than DeS and DkS? Probably not, but if it's at least half as good as those were I will be pleased.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Epic Name Bro getting paid to work on something related to Dark Souls 2, thinks Dark Souls 2 is a better game.

Shocking news!!!!!!!

Also if it's anything like the beta, confirmed worse game. Much worse! So slow, RIP demon's souls speed.

Cool for ENB. I've enjoyed some of his vids. But just because of his official involvement with the game now, I can't take his word as impartial in regards to DSK2's quality.

Also as Yoshican said, the first guide is little more than a collector's item since much of the game was changed, making the guide obsolete. And I expect the same to happen with this guide with From making balance changes to stats, effects, etc.. Buy it for your collection if you like, but nothing will beat the dynamic online wiki.

Zeth

Amazing for ENB. I remember when everyone started watching his videos just because he lived in a Japan and was the first person regularly posting gameplay weeks prior to US/EU launch. Then it just seemed like he turned out to be a great YouTuber and was really interesting/knowledgeable. That's super cool that he's working on a guide now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wh...what..?? OMG It haaas to have lore related stuff in there then and if it by ENB then its a must have for me.

Where the Dark Souls 2 OT? I need a countdown for this future gem.
OT comes 1 week before release. I'm the one handling it.

EpicNameBro is the guy responsible for many Souls lore videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro

He's working on the Dark Souls II Future Press strategy guide included in the collector's edition of the game:

I think the guide is sold separately. It doesn't seem to be in the product description on Amazon in any case, and it has its own separate product page.

Good for him though! I have enjoyed many of his videos.

tokkun

I wish they would delay releasing the strategy guide for 2 weeks or so. Give people a chance to figure stuff out on their own.

Top Bottom