• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition coming soon

My guess is that the DLC is free, the "definitive edition" SKU will replace the current one that's on the Store since it will have HDR, tank bot, updates etc as the standard SKU file

prudislav

I'm pretty sure ReCore's IP is actually owned by Microsoft, just developed by a third party.

Similar to Killer Instinct.
no idea .... didnt MS promised more MS games on steam will happen not that long ago?
... even though i kinda enjoyed the trial version .... the WinStore/UWP experience was enough of a turn off to never touch anything UWP again ...... but would definitely get it on real PC store

Admodieus

Great example of a game that didn't need a limited/collector's edition but got one anyway.

I enjoyed my time with Recore. It is not a perfect game and it is not for everyone, but there were moments (especially in the climb up the last Tower) where the combat was excellent and frantic. The platforming dungeons were really cool too. What I would like to see out of a follow-up is more focus on the story and characters, a better progression/difficulty curve (having the last parts of the game be gated by the collectibles was lame), and a streamlining of the crafting/companion system. There's potential there.

Justinh

I would hope it's free but why would a game need a new SKU if it just includes a free update? When has that ever happened?

Yeah, I bet it'll be something like 5 dollars like Ori and the Blind Forest, where the old version went unavailable to purchase and now you can only buy the Definitive Edition.

Even if it's a free update I don't even know if I'll go back to this game. I don't remember anything at this point and would have to start from the beginning.

Yeah, I bet it'll be something like 5 dollars like Ori and the Blind Forest, where the old version went unavailable to purchase and now you can only buy the Definitive Edition.

Difference being Ori felt like a finished game without the definitive edition.

Gitaroo

when is that bot dlc is suppose to be out? I remember seeing that trailer, been waiting for the update before I continue. I heard close to the end of the game it forces you to collect a power cores to complete the game, hope they patch that out.

Stopped playing the game once I heard about the additional Bot, hoping they let us know soonish what it is and whether it costs any money or not.

Shiggy

But here you have a retail version which is still in stock everywhere and has discounts of 25-50%.

Was waiting for the additional bot to make a new run, so fantastic news.
Exploring new zones, or a new way of exploring the known ones will be great.
Can`t wait.

Falchion

I've been waiting for the T8NK to be released to play this game since I thought it was going to be a free update and help traverse the large spaces.

I don't care about the corebot. What they need is a way to find all the collectibles in-game. It's absolutely outrageous how many of them there in giant worlds full of nothing. I didn't get to finish the game because I didn't want to spend hours looking for collectibles.

Justinh

You and me both. But actually it'll be my first run

Yeah, I got pretty far in the game but just stopped because I heard there was going to be an update in the future. I thought it was going to be free at the time too.

I honestly am not sure I'll actually go back to it though.

Grisby

Kind of weird that they're naming it that.
Why on earth is this being framed as a definitive edition instead of simply being a high-profile patch?

And surely it can't be paid. Surely.
Seriously.
Average game with some fun and solid gameplay imo.

Felt great to dash -> jump -> air dash.
Pretty much. There was a really good sense of movement that played well into the simple but cool color combat.

nillapuddin

I could have sworn they said the DLC would be a free update.

This.

Love the game, it certainly has issues, but loved the platforming/concept.

It's a shame they didn't knock it outta the park, honestly felt there was some franchise potential there (at least a sequel for sure)

So we have to pay for the robot that is on the cover of the game and several promotional shots:

Recore_cover.jpg

Who the UI has a space for:

jpib0sdojwxrrg8adxey.png

Who has enemy versions you fight and get crafting materials from some of which are to exclusively upgrade T8-NK:

ReCore-Inventory-and-Crafting.jpg

Who they talked about not "currently" being available:

Recore-Tweet.jpg

And they want to sell a new release of the game that includes this content while the base game already dropped to $20 quickly after release.

Had an $180 Collector's Edition:

Ck3LkCzUYAAuBae.jpg

That has been available directly from Amazon for less than $50 for months.

$50 you say... Hmmmm, might have to scoop this

Lucifon

Hopefully it's free for existing owners and a large improvement for new folk. Good way to re-market the game and hopefully fix some of the issues. I've played a couple of hours and it seems really promising but sounds like it falls apart the further you go. I held off in the hope they'd fix some things, then the HDR patch was announced so I held off even more. Now this.

On the positive side, I'm glad they got to finish their game in the end. Plenty of games are rushed to launch and stay unfinished/unpatched forever.

While I want the DLC to be free, I'm glad there's a new edition coming. This game needs as much as re releases as long as it secures a sequel (on UE4)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I hope they can also reduce the load times between maps. I get very impatient with those loads like it's Skyrim on PS3 haha.

Top Bottom