• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - New Info!

- Wanted to do something a bit different than what they accomplished with the PS3
- Game begins on the Vectan home planet
- Helghast have been allowed to move in next door in their home planet
- The two cultures’ differences result in tension
- Team is looking to expand on Killzone’s existing systems
- Ex: can drop down on enemies and perform death-from-above maneuvers
- Mechanics have been tinkered with
- Can switch modes on your weapons
- Ex: you’re using a close range weapon, and with the press of a button, scope flips up and switches over to a long-range weapon

From GE.

thuway

I think I'm at that point where I want to see more of the game in motion than to read about any subsystem changes. The magazine articles have to start talking about things like multiplayer to get me piqued.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
All this new info about these games is getting me excited for E3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wanted to do something a bit different than what they accomplished with the PS3

well show don't tell,they should've showed something a bit different and new in their announcement gameplay video then,because that was the same thing as the old Killzone games on PS3 with nothing new.

"Helghast have been allowed to move in next door in their home planet"

Can we have a sitcom spinoff?

OP, do you also have news on the Mm interview?

Well here's to hoping rico and the other guy were tried for crimes against humanity before ISA apologized and allowed helghans to move to their planet

BTW, will there be some in game acknowledgement that the ISA are also the bad guys (arguably worse now)?

Seriously.. the series needs some sort of vindication.

Arnie

At the time of watching the demo the game looked beautiful but devoid of any creative design ideas whatsoever. Looked extremely safe and done before. I didn't feel compelled to play the game, or that it offered something I couldn't already get.

Confirmed now by their attempts to pass off vertical executions and switching scopes as new mechanics.

I really wish the creativity in that studio matched their technical team, because they're absolute wizards with hardware.

Noks415

A bit underwhelming, but I hope they really dive into the cultural tensions that come with having the Helghast living on Vekta. Put that rich Killzone lore to good use GG!

At the time of watching the demo the game looked beautiful but devoid of any creative design ideas whatsoever. Looked extremely safe and done before. I didn't feel compelled to play the game, or that it offered something I couldn't already get.

Confirmed now by their attempts to pass off vertical executions and switching scopes as new mechanics.

I really wish the creativity in that studio matched their technical team, because they're absolute wizards with hardware.

Yeah, the setting really does look very impressive, but I agree, they should have shown something more surprising from a gameplay perspective. Still, a good way to show off PS4.

NotLiquid

This all sounds like it's going through the motions of being another predictable shooter, though this kind of surface value info that barely expands on anything known of from the previous showings is hard to be excited about.

I've never found much to be excited about Killzone that isn't graphics since of all the generic shooters out there, it's one of the best examples of the concept. Maybe some interesting level design might sway me.

Vlodril

This all sounds like it's going through the motions of being another predictable shooter, though this kind of surface value info that barely expands on anything known of from the previous showings is hard to be excited about.

I've never found much to be excited about Killzone that isn't graphics since of all the generic shooters out there, it's one of the best examples of the concept. Maybe some interesting level design might sway me.

Yes. Its too bad , i think the franchise has potential but they are mishandling it.

Ce-Lin

I can totally see they are never going to bring the awesome gunplay from Killzone 2 back... too many kids complained.

thuway

I wish they looked at a game like Far Cry 3 and said to themselves, "this is what we need to be doing."

Arnie

Yeah, the setting really does look very impressive, but I agree, they should have shown something more surprising from a gameplay perspective. Still, a good way to show off PS4.

It's a good way to show off the PS4's muscle, but it doesn't do a good job of whipping you into a frenzy for the console. It's just Killzone. Simple as. If it launched on PS3 it would look marginally worse, and play identically. That's the impression I get, true or not.

I want to see scale, or something from an animation or physics perspective that demonstrates clear evolution. Something that wows me beyond expectation.

Sethos

Banned
Everybody loves Visari?

17rijy.png

Top Bottom