• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

Really enjoyed the demo. It looks better than ME2, other than the facial animation which is still poor. Framerate is nice and consistent during gameplay, it only drops during cutscenes (which is a little jarring but so long as it doesn't affect actual gameplay I'm not bothered). Combat feels good, although the enemies seemed to easy to me on default settings.

Overall I'm pretty happy, and it's certainly got me hyped for the full game!

Do you know how the new health system works? Is medi gel useful again ?

Is there a planned ps3 demo at some point? I figured this would be a good place to ask.

There will be a demo for the PC. PS3 and Xbox versions of the game and it is being released on the 14th February for everyone (although the mp part of the demo won't activate till the 17th for those without Battlefield 3 codes).

JambiBum

Wait what. You can manually heal now?

Also, what is the global cooldown like? Can you chain biotics?

It's been answered a couple of times, but the cooldown isn't that bad now. You can chain biotics, plus the upgrade trees for them allow you to reduce the cooldowns by a good amount.

Kyoufu

It's been answered a couple of times, but the cooldown isn't that bad now. You can chain biotics, plus the upgrade trees for them allow you to reduce the cooldowns by a good amount.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

so getting back to ME I see.

Yes, like Chronicles of Riddick.

Your health only regenerates up to whichever bar you're left on after being hurt.

Bioware is bringing sexy back.

Looking forward to some Vanguard shenanigans...

Kaizer

Banned
Go back to the Banner, there should be a "Get Code" button

Any reason I shouldn't redeem my code on my main XBL account?

I saw that, clicked on it, it loaded for a second and then kicked me back to the homepage and no longer says "get code".

jinutsu

Neo Member
Everything worked for me. Created a hotmail account, made a fake expertzone account, passed the quiz on attempt #2 (damn sales questions), and got my code.

Vire

Everything worked for me. Created a hotmail account, made a fake expertzone account, passed the quiz on attempt #2 (damn sales questions), and got my code.

Hmm, it didn't ask you to verify? This is what I'm getting.

It wants me to attach proof that I work somewhere with ExpertZone:

pN8kO.jpg

X-Frame

Would love to get in line for a dummy account as well. Rrrrrreally want to play this.

And as long as the facial animations are like 2 then I think it's fine. 1 was a lot worse.

Worked for me as well. you have to put Wal-Mart as the store name when I tried just Walmart it would not take. I made up an employee number. I had to take the test two times to pass, then I when to the front page of expertzone and clicked the "Get code" in the ME3 banner. I also used my real address and the Walmart store # and address can be found on the Walmart store locator.

jinutsu

Neo Member

pN8kO.jpg

No, it never asked me to verify. When I registered I did not put in an employee id. When I logged in I took the training and it mentioned I would need to verify as part of step 2... but when the training was complete it let me have the code.

Did you make yourself a retail sales rep when you registered? Maybe it has to do with the walmart you used when registering? I have no idea.

JambiBum

Something I just now thought about. In the first two games the class you chose limited what guns you could use, but when I chose Adept in the demo it let me use all of the gun types available. Including an assault rifle. I don't know if this was just for the demo or not.

Also, the biotic cluster grenades are awesome. You throw out 3 or 4 grenades and they explode doing a large amount of damage while also lifting your enemies into the air.

S1kkZ

finally finished the demo, its much harder than me2. after the shitty marketing (hated all of the videos they released so far) i was ready to skip the game. the demo left me very impressed.

rozay

Banned

pN8kO.jpg
I did not have to verify my employment, flicking the banner that said "Get your code now" just immediately took me to the code.

Did you say your job was retail sales associate?

S1kkZ

Something I just now thought about. In the first two games the class you chose limited what guns you could use, but when I chose Adept in the demo it let me use all of the gun types available. Including an assault rifle. I don't know if this was just for the demo or not.

Also, the biotic cluster grenades are awesome. You throw out 3 or 4 grenades and they explode doing a large amount of damage while also lifting your enemies into the air.

i think you can use all weapons with each class but only the soldier can use all weapons at once (the other classes are limited to 3 or 4).

Kaizer

Banned
Damn, not sure what I did wrong. I clicked "Get Code", it kicked me back to the homepage and now I'm not seeing anything. I retook the course and still nothing popped up.

So jealous of all you guys playing early! Valentine's Day can't get here soon enough.

Slightly related question: Is the N7 edition for the 360 totally sold out on Amazon or something? Hasn't been restocked in weeks as far as I can tell.

Mindlog

You can use any weapon you want, but its weight will impact your power recharge rate. The lighter the weapon the bigger the bonus you get to recharge rate.

Gartooth

Quick question, do we just use our normal Windows Live ID for ExpertZone if we aren't making a dummy account? I keep trying to make a new ID, but I keep getting errors from Windows Live so I'm wondering if its just easier to use my existing one.

Vire

I did not have to verify my employment, flicking the banner that said "Get your code now" just immediately took me to the code.

Did you say your job was retail sales associate?

Hmm yeah, I dunno what's going on. :(

Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Top Bottom