• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Ken Rosenthal 2017 award predictions: http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/galler...de-rumors-fired-comeback-ken-rosenthal-033017

MVP:
AL - Francisco Lindor
NL - Bryce Harper

Cy:
AL - Jose Quintana (he also predicts he gets traded to the Astros at some point)
NL - Clayton Kershaw

Manager of the Year
NL - DBacks Torey Lovullo
AL - Stros AJ Hinch

ROY
NL - Josh Bell
AL - Andrew Benintendi

Comeback Player of the Year
NL - Kyle Schwarber
AL - Pablo Sandoval

Executive of the Year:
Jeff Luhnow of the Astros

Biggest name traded at the deadline:
Zach Britton(he also expects Quintana, McCutchen, Braun, and possibly Hosmer to be moved too)
would be interesting if quintana wins the cy young.
at the very least it should be fun watching people figure out that Quintana is the better pitcher between Quintana and Sale and without being in Sale's shadow anymore it will be far more obvious :p

if only he could get some run support :(

Beckx

Bucs' likely starting rotation leaving spring:

Cole
Taillon
Nova
Kuhl
Glasnow

It's funny because this rotation could be amazing, or Cole could disappoint again, Taillon have a sophmore slump, and Glasnow not be ready for the bigs yet. But exciting!

Can't wait until Machado is donning a Yanqui uniform. A Rod is gonna seal the deal.

pls no. He's the new Adrian Beltre, but better at a younger age.

Honestly I think Duquette is a good GM but the way our team is constructed, we have huge glaring weaknesses and a tiny window of contention before it blows up.

Malo

Banned
pls no. He's the new Adrian Beltre, but better at a younger age.

Honestly I think Duquette is a good GM but the way our team is constructed, we have huge glaring weaknesses and a tiny window of contention before it blows up.
Y'all ready to spend $400 million plus? Because that's what it's going to take to sign him.

Yankees are going to have a shit ton of cash to spend that offseason and Machado fills a clear a need.

Enjoy these last two seasons with him!

It's gonna happen.

Probably yeah. That Machado/Harper offseason is gonna be mental money-wise.

Y'all ready to spend $400 million plus? Because that's what it's going to take to sign him.

Yankees are going to have a shit ton of cash to spend that offseason and Machado fills a clear a need.

Enjoy these last two seasons with him!

It's cool, at least we have that super deep farm sys.....oh wait.

Other than Machado, Britton is the only other player we'd get a decent haul for.

Oh well, it's nice to have a top 10 player anyway. I see dark clouds in the O's future though.......

BigAT

That new thread smell. Silver Arrows isn't the top poster yet!

It was a nice run while it lasted.

dkImRzz.png

I'm really really down on the O's pitching lineup.

Tillman is okay and out until mid April.
Gausman is good but should never be your #1 starter.
Bundy is #2 starter on the opening day roster and has played about 100 mediocre ML innings and has been serving up meatballs all spring so far.
Wade Miley is plain bad.
Ubaldo is fucking terrible.

That's really unacceptable for a $170m roster.

clav

Ballpark doesn't help either for the O's.

Still makes you wonder about Ubaldo and his run when he was with the Rockies.

ReAxion

This is what happens when the team owners control the media arm as well, kids.

This is what happened to the media in San Diego, too. Padres bloggers do the best work now, with virtually no access.

• The team hired the local paper's Padres writer, who's covered the team since before they were in the majors, as team historian.
  • The guy who replaced him at the paper now posts to the paper's site what are nearly identical articles to what gets posted by said team historian on padres.com
  • The team ended its relationship with the independent border blaster sports station for a crappy local FM station with far less range, and they have never covered sports before. You used to be able to listen to a Padres game on the radio well north of LA. On clear nights, truckers north of Fresno would call in to the postgame.
  • The crappy local FM station hasn't broadcast ST games except on its HD radio partner, and nobody has an HD radio.
  • The CEO who oversaw all of this was fired immediately when it was found out that ALLEGEDLY a) he was cooking the books on attendance numbers in order to trigger a bonus in his contract or ALLEGEDLY b) he was doing trade-outs on in-ballpark advertising in exchange for goods and services for himself. And we're probably never going to find out which because nobody will go on the record because of how embarrassing that is.

None of this really matters at the moment because there are zero stakes to this team, nothing to scrutinize them for. They're tanking for the next 3 seasons... if they stick to the plan. But they sure as hell set themselves up well for a soft landing if the plan ends up in disaster.

3N16MA

Banned
would be interesting if quintana wins the cy young.
at the very least it should be fun watching people figure out that Quintana is the better pitcher between Quintana and Sale and without being in Sale's shadow anymore it will be far more obvious :p

if only he could get some run support :(

He was never better than Sale. However he is very good and could have the better season.

Line_HTX

Damn, that rundown of the brand new center field might actually make me go to a game for real. Love Torchy's Tacos and that view looks great.

Beckx

The baseball gods are so angry at Queso's team swapping antics they unleashed a plague of bees on the Padres today.

it's not like that's going to cripple them or anything, but it's very un-cardinal like to pay for past performance. they'd have been better off giving kelly a shot and saving that money for a potentially historic free agent class. then again, it's yadi. their fans would probably flip if he left.

The baseball gods are so angry at Queso's team swapping antics they unleashed a plague of bees on the Padres today.

Yes! Let's get biblical with the shitshow that is the 2017 San Diego Padres!! Break out the locusts!! They already have jered weaver, what else could happen?

Chris R

Damn, that rundown of the brand new center field might actually make me go to a game for real. Love Torchy's Tacos and that view looks great.

Which rundown where?

I'm totally going to Houston for a game next month, I need to know where to sit

i just saw the padres 1-3. holy shit, how does that even happen? i understand losing with purpose, but that is impressive.

Bask in the glory.

On the plus side, I know I'll get tickets off StubHub dirt cheap, and after a couple ballast point sculpins who really gives a shit who wins.

I am going to bathe in the awful.

I saw a lot of the 1987 Angels as a kid. That was a bad baseball team. This? This is going to be some next level shit.

Okay look, I'm using that Padres Star Wars gif as a Padres lose gif. Yes. This will make me happy, and is more appropriate for said gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom