• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It probably hasn't been updated since the last thread were I did all the work to make it into a list.

Yes I just grabbed it from the OP. if you have the list let me know

or just post it some where in the thread and I'll link to your post in the OP

Shaneus

So, AusGAF. DNF is only a fiver at GMG. I know I really shouldn't, but will I not even get five bucks worth of fun (or at least, derogatory commentating a la shit movies) out of it? It should be noted that I LOVE making smart-arse remarks during bad movies.

Also, Valve's working on their own PC thing? WHY THE FUCK AREN'T THEY MAKING MY PC GAMING MORE COMFY COUCHIER?

So, AusGAF. DNF is only a fiver at GMG. I know I really shouldn't, but will I not even get five bucks worth of fun (or at least, derogatory commentating a la shit movies) out of it? It should be noted that I LOVE making smart-arse remarks during bad movies.

Also, Valve's working on their own PC thing? WHY THE FUCK AREN'T THEY MAKING MY PC GAMING MORE COMFY COUCHIER?

I'm sure you will get 5 minutes worth of fun out of it :p It was pretty bad though. It played like an old xbox game, with random invisible walls and npcs that stand around not moving, but it had its hilarious moments. Hilariously bad, but moments none the less. At least $5 worth of moments for sure. I did only get through the first hour though, and gave up after the second boss.

HolyCheck

where should i pre order ME3 from? I'm thinking LE, but JB doesnt have any left online, is it anywhere for a good price? otherwise I just wont bother and ill order the normal version from jb

where should i pre order ME3 from? I'm thinking LE, but JB doesnt have any left online, is it anywhere for a good price? otherwise I just wont bother and ill order the normal version from jb

SPOILERS. I can't know which retailer you are getting the game from without it spoiling which has the best dlc.

Third page you heathens.

$110 at LOGS on both consoles but not sure if that is a good deal or not.

DNF is shit. Not even so bad it is funny shit. After playing it enough to realise Gearbox didn't polish it up at all, mainly just tying it all together, I had hoped that it would be enjoyable to see sections that were influenced by certain titles at the time, so you could put a date stamp on when that section was designed but it was just a yucky mess. It is everything that could be wrong about shooters. Might be worth 5 bucks to watch the trainwreck, would be just as well spent on some laxatives and you will have just as good a time with the added benefit of being fresh as a daisy.

Also I would expect the Valve PC would be focused on comfy couch gaming since it talks about a controller so expect teh BIG SCREEN MODE to launch alongside it.

HolyCheck

SPOILERS. I can't know which retailer you are getting the game from without it spoiling which has the best dlc.

but I'm asking you which retailer to get it from :( I didn't even know their were retailer specific DLC's and now you've spoilt that :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bulletstorm. I believe it took longer to download than it did to finish the game, A total of 5 hours according to steam.

Aside from the early crashes, What a fucking mental game. Just a roller coaster of constant dick dumb shit. Since it ran at 60fps constantly it was just fast paced as an erect dick on wheels going down a cock mouth hill.

The ending was fucking dickish though, What a waste.

Fingers crossed, the AusGAF Twitter bot should be back online, it had to be told this was the thread to monitor instead of the old one -- I was waiting until this one was stickied.

Shaneus

I'm sure you will get 5 minutes worth of fun out of it :p It was pretty bad though. It played like an old xbox game, with random invisible walls and npcs that stand around not moving, but it had its hilarious moments. Hilariously bad, but moments none the less. At least $5 worth of moments for sure. I did only get through the first hour though, and gave up after the second boss.
Hm. Worth contemplating, even if it's just to see how far they've come in 50 years. It's a shame there's no Double Fine Kickstarter-style doco that comes with it. That'd be worth the RRP alone.

TDNF is shit. Not even so bad it is funny shit. After playing it enough to realise Gearbox didn't polish it up at all, mainly just tying it all together, I had hoped that it would be enjoyable to see sections that were influenced by certain titles at the time, so you could put a date stamp on when that section was designed but it was just a yucky mess. It is everything that could be wrong about shooters. Might be worth 5 bucks to watch the trainwreck, would be just as well spent on some laxatives and you will have just as good a time with the added benefit of being fresh as a daisy.
CONFLICTED! I might drop it on there, but there's always a certain part of my money that I personally feel is somewhat because the developers deserve it. I don't know if I can grant DNF that luxury.

Maybe I'll get pissed tonight and then decide.
Also I would expect the Valve PC would be focused on comfy couch gaming since it talks about a controller so expect teh BIG SCREEN MODE to launch alongside it.
See, that's exactly what I WASN'T hoping for. It means we actually have to wait for some kind of console (I haven't read the specifics) to get it. That's shit. It also means it's not being provided because Valve are just being awesome, there's a commercial agenda behind it (if we see it at all... there hasn't been ANY mention of it from them since it was first announced. Not even an "it's on the backburner" statement).

Also, that thread about it is what's wrong with GAF. Every second fucking post is some variation on an "oh shit" gif. It pisses me off.

Okay, think I need to play some more Space Marine.

legend166

I didn't expect this when I woke up today, but I spent 5 hours playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North today.

Biggest turn around I've made on a game ever. I couldn't have disliked it more after playing a couple hours co-op. Now I'm enjoying the single player.

HolyCheck

Barcraft is Fucking packed. Amazing. The atmosphere is hype.

sweet, some one here I forget who said htey were going to the melb one, would love to hear how it is.

I didn't really want to go on my own incase it turned out to be empty.. but if it ends up packed ill go next time

Don't get DNF. There are better things to spend your $5 on. Like a knife you could jab into your thigh. Or a bottle of drain cleaner you could drink. Both would be more enjoyable.

It's so bad it's just Bad. With a capital B. Not good bad. Just terrible bad.

I'm a 50pper too. Faster loading speed, less scrolling, better experience. Keeps the bandwidth down on successive reloads too, so I'm helping out the rest of the community unlike you selfish 100ppers.

Someone got a link to this Valve thing?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Duke Nukem Forever is the worst game I've played in the last few years. Outside of a few choice lines it's not funny, the level design is all over the place, it's extremely repetitive, and suffers from the worst case of monotonous corridor running and gimmicky bullshit I've seen in some time. It's a poor Duke game, a poor run-and-gun shooter, and a poor game as a whole. There's like, not a single sensible or polished element of design, just one awful decision and idea after the other, wrapped in a game that looks and feels like you're playing a beta build out of a map editor.

Don't touch it. Save yourself the misery. Play Bullestorm, Serious Sam 3 or The Darkness II instead if you want running and gunning.

Shaneus

Duke Nukem Forever is the worst game I've played in the last few years. Outside of a few choice lines it's not funny, the level design is all over the place, it's extremely repetitive, and suffers from the worst case of monotonous corridor running and gimmicky bullshit I've seen in some time. It's a poor Duke game, a poor run-and-gun shooter, and a poor game as a whole. There's like, not a single sensible or polished element of design, just one awful decision and idea after the other, wrapped in a game that looks and feels like you're playing a beta build out of a map editor.

Don't touch it. Save yourself the misery. Play Bullestorm, Serious Sam 3 or The Darkness II instead if you want running and gunning.
Cheers, will leave it then. I have Bulletstorm (relatively) unplayed for PC just sitting there and I've just fired up Space Marine, which more than sufficiently satiates my bloodlust.

Cheers, will leave it then. I have Bulletstorm (relatively) unplayed for PC just sitting there and I've just fired up Space Marine, which more than sufficiently satiates my bloodlust.

Two excellent choices.

Agreed that the thread title is average. On the other hand 28 pale ale is amazing.

I try to like you, I remind myself that just becuase you are 50 ppp your are still a person too, that your statements have worth, and then you pull this shit. I don't know if this is going to work out, Rep.
lUfxG.jpg

but I'm asking you which retailer to get it from :( I didn't even know their were retailer specific DLC's and now you've spoilt that :(
EVERY game these days have retailer DLC, Prototype 2 is pissing me off with exclusive powers so they expect me to hop in a planeboat and circumnavifuckinggate the globe in order to play the complete game. Arseholes. EA are no better, Activision are copying their Limited Edition being the First Print Edition and it just confuses shit. Just so you know, buy the CE for Mass Effect 3 or you will end up pissed off beyond all hell once your media blackout drops. I know, spoilers, but I think it is best you know that the CE is the one to buy rather than you getting burned. Not that the precedent hadn't already been set with Dragon Age 2 and (to a lesser extent due to it being another First Print 10$ Project idea) Mass Effect 2.

See, that's exactly what I WASN'T hoping for. It means we actually have to wait for some kind of console (I haven't read the specifics) to get it. That's shit. It also means it's not being provided because Valve are just being awesome, there's a commercial agenda behind it.

Okay, think I need to play some more Space Marine.
From day one Steam has been a part of a very big commercial agenda. The whole idea was, "fuck these publishers/distributors who make silos of cash out of selling their products (and licencing to internet cafes), lets get 100% of the money from the consumer." Plus they charge to sell games on the service. They aren't a non-profit charity. They need to bankroll operations such as the Doug Church tenure and the Robin Walker hat emporium.
More to the point we have no idea on the operations of the Steam team, or even how many people at one time work on it. One of the reasons that tf2 took 9 years to surface was because Walker was lead on Episode 1 and Cook was working on Steam features. If it was simple, they would have already released it (or at least a beta of it). Don't forget the mobile app they brought out recently, I would expect most of their dedicated staff to be ramping that up to the next release build.
The Steam PC seems like a logical thing that they would have thought about as developers WAY WAY back in their early days, it is one of the main benefits of consoles after all. Once you know your target rig you can make your game more efficient to run on that hardware, etc.

Also Space Marine is great bludgeoning fun, at the last few chapters now, getting a bit bored with it.

Someone got a link to this Valve thing?
In Gaming here.

Find the Ham.
hamsolo.jpg
Ham shot first.

Currently watching Cars 2. It's not very good, finding it boring.
It really isn't great. Wash that taste out with another Ratatouille viewing!

Don't forget that Bulletstorm is only $13 at TheHut on 360!

On THAT note...

F25t1.png

TheHut have a minor sale on, with some codes for 10% off as well.
Spend 10 pounds save 1 = MARCHED1
Spend 20 pounds save 2 = MARCHED2
Spend 40 pounds save 4 = MARCHED4

Silent Hill Collection (with Toluca Lake T-Shirt) for $29 with delivery after coupon
Zone of the Enders Collection for $29 with delivery after coupon
Devil May Cry Collection for $34 with delivery after coupon

It's a poor Duke game, a poor run-and-gun shooter, and a poor game as a whole. There's like, not a single sensible or polished element of design, just one awful decision and idea after the other, wrapped in a game that looks and feels like you're playing a beta build out of a map editor.
It really did feel like a fan game. Kind of like that Garshasp game, but at least that seemed to have more effort put into its development. It was like playing a game you bought at a dodgy market stall in Indonesia developed by the merchants in their spare time between selling cam quality dvd's.

Yagharek

If you want the superior tribute to old 3d realms fps games, play Prey instead. Its 5 years older than dnf but it feels infinitely better. Plus, it has blue oyster cult and art bell, who is much more amusing than John st John (albeit unintentionally, I believe. Seems he is also somewhat of a space cadet).

HolyCheck

Just so you know, buy the CE for Mass Effect 3 or you will end up pissed off beyond all hell once your media blackout drops. I know, spoilers, but I think it is best you know that the CE is the one to buy rather than you getting burned.

Thank you for that, I will head into JB on my lunch break on Monday and pre order

Grassy

I have never, and will never play a Duke Nukem Forever. I had a feeling it would be a pile of shit (and it apparently is!). They couldn't give it away to me, or even pay me to play it. FOR REAL.

Instead I bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent just now.

I'm fucking scared yo

Jezabel

I have never, and will never play a Duke Nukem Forever. I had a feeling it would be a pile of shit (and it apparently is!). They couldn't give it away to me, or even pay me to play it. FOR REAL.

Instead I bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent just now.

I'm fucking scared yo

Playing amnesia, i suggest many fresh pairs of underwear within reaching distance

i spent many monies on the DNF ce. i have looked at it once. what ever though im glad i got it. even though it went down to like 30 bucks
it sits on my shelf and i look at the bust. i will go through the books one day.
as for bulletstorm. cookie i didnt know it was so short. i will play that sooner than i originally planed then.

I'm playing around with windows 8.

Seems pretty rad so far. Well its an operating system so rad is overstating it, but the way it integrates emails and social networks in like a phone is cool. It's kind if annoying that not everything run out of metro yet. Like having to browse the internet through the 7 desktop

Salazar

Also Space Marine is great bludgeoning fun, at the last few chapters now, getting a bit bored with it.

Yeah, it faded. Those roof turrets were a ghastly contravention of every principle of enjoyment and style that the game had established. And the psykers were a motherfucker.

I'm playing around with windows 8.

Seems pretty rad so far. Well its an operating system so rad is overstating it, but the way it integrates emails and social networks in like a phone is cool. It's kind if annoying that not everything run out of metro yet. Like having to browse the internet through the 7 desktop

Wait. Windows EIGHT?

Wait. Windows EIGHT?

That's right, posting from the fucking here. They released the preview a few days ago. It's all metro designed like Windows Phone 7 and new Xbox.

Also shitting me, not being able to have a video playing on top of things. Well, I don't know how yet, surely they couldn't have ditched that, it's half of what I do on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom