• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda 3DS Impressions and Gameplay footage

Chairhome

Thanks! just watched sessler's impressions. Looks great! I wonder if this will change anyone's mind about the game (anyone who doesn't think the game will be good).

YxSxtGl.gif

On one hand it's cool hearing the same boss music.

On the other hand, I would have liked different boss music. Maybe it's the first boss and it's just a throwback and then there will be different boss tunes after that.

It shouldn't be too hard right? Give the rest of us a taste.

They'd probably say something about devaluing the main game, etc. etc. They've had demos for other games and not bothered eShop'ping them. There's no first party title demos except Fire Emblem, and that's because it's a B title, Zelda sells whatever.

Chairhome

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't put stuff like the Zelda demo on the eshop

Probably cause a lot of stuff can change since its early. Its better to have journalists talk about the game they played in a controlled environment than to have thousands of people download it then get mad when the game glitches or something is totally changed in the final release.

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't put stuff like the Zelda demo on the eshop

Vertical slices people can keep can be easily broken

If a demo unit crashes and bricks a unit at Nintendo's event, a demo crashes and no one really cares. If it happens to consumers, then that is bad.

They may have major changes planned they can explain to journalists that might turn people playing off.

TheNatural

My Member!
Notice no item numbers next to the arrows. Confirms my theory: the green meter depletes for everything instead of having an arrow count.

It seems strange that this game is being developed by the same team as the recent zeldas. Not too say that I haven't enjoyed them but they usually have things slower paced and more hand holdey. Meanwhile this game takes a lot of effort in speeding things up such as autoscrolling text, no awkward pauses like when Link morphs, no npc companion, and overall faster gameplay.

The only irk I have about the 2D Zeldas is shielding. I could never really get it down and didn't bother with it when I could get away with that

Sendou

Nice to see Nintendo take a step "back" to older 2D Zelda games. I have a good deal of excitement for this title.

The only irk I have about the 2D Zeldas is shielding. I could never really get it down and didn't bother with it when I could get away with that

Unlike the original LttP where you used your shield simply by remaining stationary, it appears LttP2 will have its own designated button (R).

It seems strange that this game is being developed by the same team as the recent zeldas. Not too say that I haven't enjoyed them but they usually have things slower paced and more hand holdey. Meanwhile this game takes a lot of effort in speeding things up such as autoscrolling text, no awkward pauses like when Link morphs, no npc companion, and overall faster gameplay.

Maybe they're *gasp* listening to criticism?

Dascu

Turning into a mural to dodge incoming floating tile attacks (3:09 in the Sessler video). Clever. I could definitely see that being used in a boss fight at some point.

Maedhros

Gameplay looks great. Fast, feels like it is 60FPS, which I can see it being.

Still bitter about the plastic look, though.

Probably because of the handheld game design philosophy, I'd imagine. That or they're looking into speeding things up in general after all the complaints about recent 3D Zelda's. Or, it could just be this "type" of Zelda.

methodman

Banned
Probably because of the handheld game design philosophy, I'd imagine. That or they're looking into speeding things up in general after all the complaints about recent 3D Zelda's. Or, it could just be this "type" of Zelda.
Hope this is a stepping stone for Wii u. C'mon Nintendo, just do what you did in this game!

ASIS

What? Already? What gives?

Anyway, I already said I wanted Zelda 3DS to be 3D and not 2D.

I am dead wrong, it looks outstanding!

Maybe they're *gasp* listening to criticism?
I guess we will find out with Zelda Wii U. Hopefully they have as I love all of the 3D Zeldas but sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get into it again due to constant gameplay interuptions/taking control away from the player. I overall like them but there are definetly smaller things they could fine tune to make the games better.
Well TMC, PH and ST would disagree with you as those were slower and shared some of those things that console zeldas do. Although I really enjoyed TMC.

Top Bottom