• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just found a roach egg in my delivery sushi

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
First sign something was off was the plastic container the food came in had a large hole in it. Maybe it broke on the way to my APT i thought to myself, no big deal. I'm enjoying my food (sushi combo with rock shrimp and miso soup) when I notice one of the sushi rolls has a somewhat odd odor/taste. I don't fully understand the preparation of the food, maybe it had an ingredient that I'm unfamiliar with I think to myself. Last straw I see an empty roach egg on top of my ginger..

Call the restaurant and the person who answers doesn't speak enough English to comprehend what I'm saying. Restaurant was Ichiban Sushi ordered from grub hub on long island.

Any similar stories or advice? Feel violated and disgusted.

jwk94

Sounds like you just got extra flavor. Lucky they didn't charge you for that.

I'd call again or something. They can't get away with that.

Call the restaurant and the person who answers doesn't speak enough English to comprehend what I'm saying. Restaurant was Ichiban Sushi ordered from grub hub on long island.

Contact your City/County/Area Health Department, chances are there's either a phone number or web site that makes reporting public health concerns quick and easy.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Don't worry, they can't survive swimming in your stomach acid and being passed through the digestive tract of a healthy adult.

Although, if you can't understand them, and they can't understand you... maybe that's what you ordered.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
648.gif

How did you determine that it's a roach egg as opposed to any other insect egg?

If you've ever seen a roach egg sack, it's hard to forget... That said... even if it wasn't a roach egg sack, would it really matter? It's still a gross place that had insect eggs on the food.

DavidDesu

About to go to sleep. Thanks GAF.

Don't get cockroaches here... Now no one post similar GIFs of spiders hatching tho. (no I won't reload or ever look at this page again).

Yeah stop eating there dude. Fuck that.

Top Bottom