• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people have a problem with CGI trailers? I fucking loved those in the Diablo and Warcraft games.

I want to see what the actual game looks like. Gameplay trailers with the actual character in actual environments with weapons and enemies, etc get me hyped like shit compared to a CG trailer that doesn't tell me shit.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Why do people have a problem with CGI trailers? I fucking loved those in the Diablo and Warcraft games.

Because people want to see the game?

It's all well and good for Diablo and Warcraft, sure their CG trailers are great, but they also use CG trailers because the games aren't exactly trailer material.

injurai

Banned

Ehh, no... I have zero trust in blizzard CGI trailers. There games don't even try to convey the feel from the trailers.

However I expect this game to reflect a lot of the thematic elements from the CGI, and thats what I'll be looking for in this.

Endo Punk

So no in game huh. Looks like it is a 2015 title after all. I was expecting it to release next year. Oh well more chance it will get a next gen console release.

This is CD Projekt and its a nextgen game that's 2 years off, so I have some amount of faith that the real thing will look good when it comes out. In that sense, I'm ok with a CG trailer since it can at least show the art style and what kind of overall atmosphere they're shooting for.

The only CG trailers I really hate are ones for like World of Warcraft or The Old Republic where the fidelity of those CG trailers just runs so against what the actual game looks like that they just feel incredibly disingenuous.

injurai

Banned
goes mainly by "neudisco" or "nudisco" or "french electro"

you sure about that? Those are similar to old French House.

Really? I always thought french electro had more funkiness to it while these are more reminiscent of the atmospheric tracks found in 80s action flicks.

EDIT: Aww, it's just a CGI trailer? Bummer :(

What I think too. Though I do feel old french electro house was inspired by these sounds in way.

Always depends on the trailer itself.

For example does The Left 4 Dead intro an amazing job at introducing you to every gameplay mechanic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF1HVlcXBmA

I really didn't learn anything from that. The thing is, CG trailers always make games look more intense and fluid than they really are. That L4D trailer didn't show me how the gunplay looks or give sense of how the atmosphere really is in the game.

In-game footage will ALWAYS get me hyped up more than a CG one. I've been burned too many times by awesome CGI footage.

GrayFoxPL

Lol ppl not realizing how early in production this is.

They themselves don't know how the game looks like yet.

Maybe you guys want playable demo in 10 minutes?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only CG trailers I really hate are ones for like World of Warcraft or The Old Republic where the fidelity of those CG trailers just runs so against what the actual game looks like that they just feel incredibly disingenuous.

You could almost say for about every Blizzard CG trailers. Not just the WoW ones.

This is CD Projekt and its a nextgen game that's 2 years off, so I have some amount of faith that the real thing will look good when it comes out. In that sense, I'm ok with a CG trailer since it can at least show the art style and what kind of overall atmosphere they're shooting for.

Has anyone confirmed the game is still two years out? I mean, are you talking 2015 or sometime next year. If its 2015, I need a goddamn Delorean.

DieH@rd

Banned
Prey 2 CGI trailer really masterfully showcased SF settings and the way we will play the game. During E3 demos, game played very similarly to the action showcased in the trailer.

Hopefully that project will survive [and land on nextgen consoles].

you sure about that? Those are similar to old French House.

trust me, im an expert :D
expert_research.jpg

(but just meant it's easier to find similar stuff under those genres. I don't think the 80's soundscape revival lo-fi stuff has a proper genre)

injurai

Banned
Lol ppl not realizing how early in production this is.

They themselves don't know how the game looks like yet.

Maybe you guys want playable demo in 10 minutes?

Some Gaffers: Oooh I'm excited to hear about something I'm interested. I shall discuss with others.

Other Gaffers: Oh the conversation has progressed beyond concrete news? Have fun being disappointed, learn2hype scrubs.

Kinyou

I really didn't learn anything from that. The thing is, CG trailers always make games look more intense and fluid than they really are. That L4D trailer didn't show me how the gunplay looks or give sense of how the atmosphere really is in the game.

In-game footage will ALWAYS get me hyped up more than a CG one. I've been burned too many times by awesome CGI footage.
Well it shows you all the ability of the infected, that the witch reacts to light, that there will be tons of zombies coming when a car alarm goes off, how the pipebomb works etc.

But I see that you're more looking for the direct gameplay, though that makes we wonder a little why you're then looking forward to this game from CDR since I thought the actual gameplay was the weakest part about Witcher 2

injurai

Banned
trust me, im an expert :D
expert_research.jpg

(but just meant it's easier to find similar stuff under those genres. I don't think the 80's soundscape revival lo-fi stuff has a proper genre)

We speak the same language <3 much respect to you. The sound track will be great to hear upon release.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
It's still to early for that, but everyone expecting it to look like the CGI face is crazy.

Well, the game is to be realeased in 2015, and if we can already achieve something like Agni's Philosophy on a single 680 @60fps (without any kind of optimization, too), I'm pretty optimistic. :lol

You actually learned a lot from that L4D trailer:

-4 survivors
-Zombies hoards
-Special infected types
-Weapon types
-Contextual musical/audio cues
-Basic story and setting

No, it doesn't show you what the gameplay is exactly like, but there's a ton of information to be gleaned from that trailer.

Tacitus_

Well, the game is to be realeased in 2015, and if we can already achieve something like Agni's Philosophy on a single 680 @60fps (without any kind of optimization, too), I'm pretty optimistic. :lol

It's the eyes. Videogames have gotten quite good at making faces, but eyes still tell the tale.

You actually learned a lot from that L4D trailer:

-4 survivors
-Zombies hoards
-Special infected types
-Weapon types
-Contextual musical/audio cues
-Basic story and setting

No, it doesn't show you what the gameplay is exactly like, but there's a ton of information to be gleaned from that trailer.

I meant I didn't learn anything about the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom