• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Future said he was changing lanes with this album? Aside from a few beats that are slightly different than usual, it's the same Future we've heard on the last five mixtapes. I still enjoy his sound but this album suffers from the same lack of variety and sense of fatigue as Purple Reign and EVOL.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
Snoh Aalegra ft. Vince Staples - Nothing Burns Like The Cold.

MadeintTYO ft. Big Sean - Skateboard P (Remix) video. Hook is so dumb and dumb fire. YEAH, GOING APE LIKE NIGO

Flume ft. Pusha T - Enough. Spotify/Apple Music links within.

The Weeknd - Reminder video. Tons of cameos, including Drake, which is nice to see. Simple, but I like it.

Rich Gang (Birdman & Young Thug) - Bit Bak.

Raekwon ft. G-Eazy - Purple Brick Road (Prod. by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League), also, tracklist for The Wild in the link.

Rae Sremmurd - Swang video.

CyHi The Prynce - Nu Africa. Dig the production on this.

If it wasn't for posts like this I'd never catch up with new shit, don't know how yall do it.
Really digging the the new Pusha and Cyhi.

Eos

Nope you're mistaken. I always say WATTBA was only good because of Drake.

I don't think keeping 3-4 future songs from his mixtapes since 2013 means I'm a future fan.
We gonna act like fewtch didn't kill drake on every track and that 30 for 30 wasn't the worst track on the album?

HiiiLife

hot take

On topic though, I havent peeped the new album but that long ass tracklist means theres prob a lot of hot garbage on there. Future is good for at least 3-4 classic tracks per tape though so we'll see.

The novelty is wearing off and people finally seeing. It's all good tho y'all got chance to save you now.

We gonna act like fewtch didn't kill drake on every track and that 30 for 30 wasn't the worst track on the album?

Only good song on DS2 is Where Ya At and we all know the reason why.

Catvoca

Banned

"This is what it sounds like when South London meets Salvation"

giphy.gif

Helmholtz

I think without the skits this new album > EVOL and PR. Mask Off is an all time great Future track instantly, and there are some other really good tracks on here. The skits are just plain bad and they only show up at the end of like 4 tracks or something, they feel like an unnecessary thing that should have been scrapped.

AJLma

"Zoom" is the real start of this album.

I thought it was kinda wack on first listen. Went out and ran some errands, now there's definitely at least 5-6 tracks that'll be on repeat for a while...

EDIT: New opinion. Album is flames. 4-5 tracks I don't really mess with, yet.

High Demand - 2:08

riotous

Banned
I like the new Future; I think the difference is I'm not a huge fan of DS2, or a huge fan of anything from him in general outside of a few tracks I absolutely love that are spread across all of his works. Lowers my expectations.

NandoGip

The novelty is wearing off and people finally seeing. It's all good tho y'all got chance to save you now.

Only good song on DS2 is Where Ya At and we all know the reason why.
Chance? What?

Also where ya at only good song is insane to say. That album has at least 5 great songs

Is it cool to hate future now what

Vorheez

I found out after I bought the tickets to the nobody safe tour that Kodak wasnt gonna be there...

Great, was kinda buying them to see Kodak

thabiz

Beats a dope on the record. That hills beat. Whew.

Too bad he absolutely bores the living shit out of me on the mic.

If I want fat guy sad boy rap I'll listen to red pill

How would you rate 50 Cent as a rapper/song writer?
Obviously he isn't the most "techicnal" MC of all time, but his slurrish flow and melodic ability (that really shines with his hooks)and basic rapping ability leads to him bunching words together in really incredible ways multisyllable/flow wise.

Like the final bars on the first verse of "What Up Gangsta":

"I'm on the next level, Breitling baguette bezel
Benz pedal to the metal, hotter than a tea kettle, blood"

Or this section of "Many Men":

"I walk the block with the bundles
I've been knocked on the humble
Swing the ox when I rumble, show your ass what my gun do"

It's honestly pretty incredible.

And he's honestly just dope with punchlines and knows how to write a song (like 9 shots), but then with his discography there's a question on how much of him is really mainly based on production.

I've been listening to this a lot recently, shows his talent well, one of my favorite 50 tracks:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35WPOzYylps

50 Cent was genuinely good at what he did until like 2006. Even after he dumbed down after signing to Shady/Aftermath in 2002, he made up for that by pushing the melodies a bit more. He was great at those proto Max B/French Montana hooks.

After that he completely lost his hunger, his talent for picking beats, and his ability to make good songs. Every 3 years you can see a flash of old 50, but it's over.

How would you rate 50 Cent as a rapper/song writer?
Obviously he isn't the most "techicnal" MC of all time, but his slurrish flow and melodic ability (that really shines with his hooks)and basic rapping ability leads to him bunching words together in really incredible ways multisyllable/flow wise.

Like the final bars on the first verse of "What Up Gangsta":

"I'm on the next level, Breitling baguette bezel
Benz pedal to the metal, hotter than a tea kettle, blood"

Or this section of "Many Men":

"I walk the block with the bundles
I've been knocked on the humble
Swing the ox when I rumble, show your ass what my gun do"

It's honestly pretty incredible.

And he's honestly just dope with punchlines and knows how to write a song (like 9 shots), but then with his discography there's a question on how much of him is really mainly based on production.

I've been listening to this a lot recently, shows his talent well, one of my favorite 50 tracks:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35WPOzYylps

50 cent is great, I think if he followed up with stronger albums he would be up there with the legends nas,pac and big. I put him just slightly lower under them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom