• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 BT Headset and PSP GPS Unit details

Epix

Didn't see this posted.

Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset
GangstaKiller26@PS3Forums said:
Here is what you have been waiting for

Description
Provides High-fidelity audio input to PS3
Supports “voice command” in certain PS3 games
Easy pairing through USB connection with PS3
Comes with docking station for easy charging
Compatible with cellphones

Target
Consumers who want to communicate while in-game

Price
Standalone – $49.99 MSRP; SOCOM: Confrontation bundle - $59.99 MSRP

Launch
July/August

PSP GPS Unit:
GangstaKiller26@PS3Forums said:
PSP(PlayStation®Portable) GPS Peripheral

Competitive against any current GPS system
Extremely high value/low consumer cost portable navigation solution

Features:
3D city maps and 3D landmarks
Find & Go – easy search and keyboard
POI’s – over 70 categories in thousands of locations
U.S. and Canada maps on one UMD
Downloadable global maps
yes it is real my friend works for vpd games, a game distributor and he sent it to me. It was a power point presentation, so that is why the pics look so bad i had to copy and paste them.

But talking to him he got it from his sony rep.

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I may have to get this. The headset that came with Warhawk is absolute crap. I can barely hear anyone when playing Burnout since the volume is so low.

depending on the price of SOCOM on PSN, I might have to pick up the bundle with the headset.

I have the warhawk one, but I really dont like that, im hoping this one will be better. I really just one that actually goes over my head like the 360 or xbox one, not hangs off my ear.

Headset looks cool. But I've already got one thanks.

But the PSP GPS unit. I want a date! It's been delayed for sooo long. Japan has had this for over a year!

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
TheExodu5 said:
I think I may have to get this. The headset that came with Warhawk is absolute crap. I can barely hear anyone when playing Burnout since the volume is so low.

That's an issue with Burnout being quiet and not your headset.

Pein

Banned
I'll be getting the bundle the headset that came with warhawk isn't that great and this one looks way better

mr_boo

If the GPS recieves good reviews, I'm definitely going to pick it up. Not picking up the headset though...I'm looking to eventually purchase a Jawbone.

n1n9tean

Banned
YES!

The Socom bundle belongs to me. :D

I already have a nice Motorola H3 (made for the Razor phone); but I'll just give it to my mother after I get the official one.

This is great news.

AND, I might be damn tempted to get me a PSP with that GPS unit; because, by then I'll have my own car. :D

oneHeero

My Jabra 125 works flawlessly, but that headset looks so fucken sex. I'll buy the Socom bundle, day one. If the headset comes out b4 Socom, I'll buy it than, and than buy Socom bundle when it comes out.

123rl

Two of my most wanted Sony announcements...and they both arrive in the same topic?:D Day one purchase on both!

n1n9tean

Banned
oneHeero said:
My Jabra 125 works flawlessly, but that headset looks so fucken sex. I'll buy the Socom bundle, day one. If the headset comes out b4 Socom, I'll buy it than, and than buy Socom bundle when it comes out.
hahaha

GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF MAN!!!!!!!

I'm in love with it too; but, that's a bit extreme. :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im glad i got a 30 bucks logitech USB headset, now i can use that on my laptop and get the official ps3 bluetooth headset, but is it just me or doest hat headset look like a 3D model or something? almost looks fake to me.

NVM just read about the powerpoint crap

Fuck yes, Socom bundle is mine. Finally my patience for a official PS3 headset has payed off. And since Confrontation is only $10 more expensive, that does seem to indicate that the stand alone title may not be that expensive. Possibly only $20 and maybe no more then $30.

n1n9tean

Banned
lupinko said:
That Socom headset bundle is a STEAL.
Exactly. I read Kagamari's (I think that was the name of the user) post saying that it would be $70 and I had no problem with that. But, this is beautiful.

Guy Legend

Rice-Eater said:
Fuck yes, Socom bundle is mine. Finally my patience for a official PS3 headset has payed off.

I thought that the Jabra BT125 headset was their unofficial official headset (came with Warhawk). I don't regret buying it separately for $30 now that I see the price of this one to be $50. Looks nice, but the Jabra works great.

tanod said:
They should bundle it in with the 80GB MGS4 bundle.

I'd rather see them put a component/hdmi cable in the box first.

Greg

Fuck that - SOCOM is going on the hard drive so I can fire it up whenever I want.

USB headset still wins. :lol

Gotta get that socom bundle. My Motorola headset only works with the ps3 half the time :/

As for that GPS unit, is that confirmed for all regions?

Awesome! :D

Jack Tretton must be sitting in his office saying "Our plan is coming together mwuhahaha!" as he strokes his evil black cat.:D :lol

squicken

oneHeero said:

I just got that one from buy.com for 5.99 w/ google checkout. It still amazes me Sony has taken so long to release an official headset. It really should've been included with the system, even if it was wired.

And wasn't Logitech going to release a PS3 headset as well? What happened to that?

n1n9tean

Banned
Greg said:
Fuck that - SOCOM is going on the hard drive so I can fire it up whenever I want.

USB headset still wins. :lol
Yea, to be honest, I really wanted it on my hard drive, aswell. But, I'm not passing up on that bundle.

@squicken: That motherfucker is $80 ALONE. lol

Afrikan

that new head set looks niiice.......but I do also like how the Warhawk headset matches the PS3s glossyness....oh so glossy....

squicken said:
And wasn't Logitech going to release a PS3 headset as well? What happened to that?

If you meant a bluetooth headset then it's out already. But it's quite expensive, $80 MSRP and not much of a discount no matter where you look right now.

squicken

n1n9tean said:
@squicken: That motherfucker is $80 ALONE. lol

Wow that's ridiculous. You can buy a Jawbone for less.

Edit: Oh but it does look sexy. I really don't like the in-ear and behind the ear stuff. I want a headset that actually rests on my head. Choices :(

hauton

Personally, I've never understood blowing $300 on a GPS.

What, with my ability to read a freaking map.

But if this is ~$100 I might snatch it up for travels.

Top Bottom