• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

798_0001.jpg

798_0002.jpg

Gamersyde posted these scans of Halo 3 from Famitsu, and they have a ton of good shit in them.

The first scan just has shots from the trailer at different angles, and some in-game campaign shots.

But the best is in the second scan. We can see the Elephant in action on Sandtrap, pictures of all the newly revealed maps, and at the bottom THE FORGE being used on High Ground!! Across from that image seems to be a new Covenant weapon, similar to the Fuel Rod Gun.

I guess it was time for the every three day giant Halo thread.

OH, speaking of something that hasn't been talked about in the other Halo thread, that marine in the first page is rocking his battle armor or something. He's got a Carbine, but theres no way that's Arby.

Wasn't someone mentioning that, storyline wise, there were some dudes left that still used the older Mjolnir armor or something?

USD

Son of Godzilla said:
I guess it was time for the every three day giant Halo thread.

OH, speaking of something that hasn't been talked about in the other Halo thread, that marine in the first page is rocking his battle armor or something. He's got a Carbine, but theres no way that's Arby.

Wasn't someone mentioning that, storyline wise, there were some dudes left that still used the older Mjolnir armor or something?
Are you talking about the pic on the bottom left of the second page? That's an Elite. The pic on the middle left of the first page is the Arbiter.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
GhaleonEB said:
Looks like it's much more translucent now, though. I thought you'd be delighted when I saw it.

yeah i know it's cool that i can see through it... but you know... have to complain louder than i applaud :)

Just noticed something. What gun is that on the second page, second row down on the right. It looks Brute, but it doesn't look like the Spiker. It could be the Mauler, but the reticule doesn't look like it is a Shotgun reticule.

DopeyFish said:
yeah i know it's cool that i can see through it... but you know... have to complain louder than i applaud :)
What are you talking about? What hills?

GhaleonEB

A few random comments -

-The Elephant and Hornet look awesome
-The new support weapon can be seen at 1:44 in the E3 trailer, nice to have a clean shot of it. Visual design is similar to the Covenant turrets in the previous games.
-The Scarab. Jesus.

snack said:
Just noticed something. What gun is that on the second page, second row down on the right. It looks Brute, but it doesn't look like the Spiker. It could be the Mauler, but the reticule doesn't look like it is a Shotgun reticule.
has to be the dual-wield shotty

TDG

Banned
Proelite said:
EGM is got to be pissed.
I like seeing the screens in my hands, in a magazine more, so I'm not actually looking at the screens, I just scroll past them. That would spoil the fun.
I have values.

Mojovonio

Banned
For anyone considering pre-ordering in Canada, you may want to do so at Futureshop, as you save 10$ off if you order online and get a Tshirt and a I PWN hat if you pre-order in-store.

link

Phatcorns

Just so you guys know, this article says THAT ONLINE CO-OP IS IN.

I know what Bungie has said in their last weekly update, but according to this article in the green box that says "...CHECK!" they say that all game modes will be compatible with Xbox Live. The caption next to the picture says "Co-op mode is also supported online"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Phatcorns said:

I know what Bungie has said in their last weekly update, but according to this article in the green box that says "...CHECK!" they say that all game modes will be compatible with Xbox Live. The caption next to the picture says "Co-op mode is also supported online"

:eek:

looks epic. The screens look pretty nice, the scope is great, though the graphics are a mixed bag. It does look different from pretty much all other fps though.

Proelite said:
Please Bungie, please tell me you didn't nerf the scale because of online co-op. ;_;
7/20 Bungie Weekly Update said:
Just like we told EGM, we're aware that people want co-op online but the challenge of getting our complicated A.I. systems, huge game world, and gargantuan encounters neatly packaged and transferring across the Interwebz is a mythic undertaking.
I don't get the sense they would suddenly scale back everything just to include online co-op, I'd think it'd be the other way around actually.

RBH

Phatcorns said:

dammedance.gif

Phatcorns said:

wooooooo

Phatcorns

Ok, I really don't want to add even more fire to the whole 4 player co-op thing without solid proof, but I just noticed that the last sentence in that box says this "In addition to having a maximum of 16 players for versus, a multitude of players can enjoy co-op mode over xbox live"

What is so weird about this is that they mention the exact number that can be played in versus, but just say "multitude of people" for co-op mode.

SO, take this with a grain of salt of course. My translation IS accurate, BUT I do not know all of the subtle nuances of the language. So the word in question, fukusuu ninzuu could just be the same as "a couple" in English. Although I've never heard it used that way.

Top Bottom