• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II official site is up

itUIOcaImPoMF.gif

Rocket explode after it passed...

Also, let's not compared this to Uncharted 3

Eusis

Already? This is like Madden now, one a year. Nice quality work...
With World At War the pattern had been fully established. The question is what happens with the Modern Warfare games, if they're even kept or if a new parallel series is formed in their place.

Hmm, noticed no mention of Wii or other platforms beyond 360/PS3/PC this time. Maybe the Vita really will get an original title rather than just the latest annual release, but portable.

With World At War the pattern had been fully established. The question is what happens with the Modern Warfare games, if they're even kept or if a new parallel series is formed in their place.

Hmm, noticed no mention of Wii or other platforms beyond 360/PS3/PC this time. Maybe the Vita really will get an original title rather than just the latest annual release, but portable.
Modern Warfare becomes Space Warfare, it's the only logical step now. And I'm ready.

Modern Warfare becomes Space Warfare, it's the only logical step now. And I'm ready.

The sooner they get to CoD:Space and slap a space marine on the box the sooner I can convince my friends who only play CoD that Halo has fun MP. I loved Reach, but my friends literally only play CoD and wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Eusis

The sooner they get to CoD:Space and slap a space marine on the box the sooner I can convince my friends who only play CoD that Halo has fun MP. I loved Reach, but my friends literally only play CoD and wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.
I think this is half the reason why so many want to win over the CoD audience. Greaters sales obviously, but if you can just crack open that shell you might just get a large influx of people playing more games period. Whether that's even possible is another story though, but any rate it's crazy how even Halo's being deliberately ignored here.

Robot Pants

I must one of the only ones that this trailer did nothing for. I think I saw some sort of flying drone in every single frame of it.

To all the people, I think earlier in this thread, ripping my suggestion they redo the graphics engine and go to 30 FPS at least in campaign....

bi5NA.png

Yup, just like I said...

Kujo

Except Halo is still only 30fps, and the kill times are too long for the CoD crowd

Same is being said on neogaf in the other black ops threads.

Putting the question back to you? Would you sacrifice the fluidity of a 60 fps CoD-game for a slower more graphically intense 30 fps game?

I certainly wouldn't.

Then again I'm that guy who set everything to LOW back in the day when I didn't have a super power PC to get the max framerate.

I expect the campaign to be a blast...Treyarch campaigns always are.

Multiplayer? Even with the change in setting I'm just beyond done with the formula that seems to focus solely on dedicating as many hours to the game as possible with the objective of actually winning matches being an afterthought.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Don't really like the trailer (somehow are Treyarch's characters just not doing it for me; couldn't care less about woods) but I'm really impressed with some of the graphics considering that it's still based on Quake 3.

can't not quote this:

Scot Miller said:
We started with the Quake engine, but within six or so months we switched to the Unreal engine. However, I'm reminded of the story about the man who claimed to own the axe that George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree. The man said, "Yeah, it's the same axe alright, but the head and handle have both been replaced a few times over the last 200 years of use." The same applies with the Unreal engine we licensed so long ago.

NHale

So Activision allowed Treyarch to do the game that West/Zampella wanted to make and by "coincidence" reveal it 1 month before Respawn shows their first game at E3? Wow...

Oh, wow, I had no idea. So is this a first for the unreal engine, or did they always use it? (or asked differently, does he talk about Black Ops 2 in the quote?)

I think he was emphasizing the quote about the axe and how after so many changes it was hardly the original anymore. So it's not really "based on Quake 3" anymore. No way Treyarch switched to a new engine 6 months ago.

Sojgat

Based on what Jeff was saying on the Blops2 Bombcast the campaign sounds a lot more promising than I would have thought. Apparently you actually have directional control of that jet thing from the trailer and there are branching routes you can take in the campaign (sounded kind of like how Gears does it). Outside of COD it's not really groundbreaking stuff, but at least it's something.

I am slowly turning into someone that only plays 5 or 6 games each year. This will probably be one of them. You can't say that it doesn't look like a fun 6 hour ride. Visually it looks pretty impressive too. I look forward to seeing the live demo at E3.

So Activision allowed Treyarch to do the game that West/Zampella wanted to make and by "coincidence" reveal it 1 month before Respawn shows their first game at E3? Wow...

It's only a couple weeks earlier than they usually reveal trailers for the games. It normally happens during the conference rounds of the NBA Playoffs.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Just watched the trailer. Graphics looked pretty terrible. Gameplay looked about the same. BF3 has spoiled me.

derFeef

Well, congrats Treyarch you may have re-fueled my interest in call of duty. Looks neat. Now I also want to play Black Ops.

Top Bottom