• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

Aselith

Yeah but he's white and I'm black, and while it's not big deal at all, I still think folks would get confused at who I'm dressing as if I decide to go as Kylo without a helmet. Though maybe the saber and robes are enough.

You dont have cosplay just the latest version. Cosplay the one you think works best.

Raven117

Gold Member
I really like the fact that I can watch Star Wars movies and just enjoy them for the flicks that they are and not shred them as personally afronts to fanservice.

Can't wait!

Surfinn

I don't think I've seen it here on GAF but I wish the people complaining about how the new movies are "undoing" Luke's development on Twitter and Tumblr would at least wait until this movie is out. There is still a lot of information missing.
I think it's gunna be quite the opposite of "undoing"

kaiju

Masked Kylo was in the BtS reel:

2EYPzVF.jpg

Love how the tunic has been shortened. Less dressy, all business.

Surfinn

I'm insanely curious to find out what Luke's doing on that island. The man seems to be on a mission.
Yup that's what people are intentionally forgetting.

He just ran away! He's a wimpy little coward!

That sentiment misses the point of what he's actually doing on the island

Megasoum

Banned
I could totally see Obi-Wan returning as the force ghost taking to the trainer like he did to Yoda when he was training Luke except now he will talk to Luke who's training Rey.

I agree. They aren't going to make her the daughter of Obi-Wan's secret lovechild. There's no point.

That article suggests quite a few points that would/could be made via that connection.

What with them constantly drawing parallels to Obi-Wan

Over and over again.

Like, 12 times or something like that.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I could totally see Obi-Wan returning as the force ghost taking to the trainer like he did to Yoda when he was training Luke except now he will talk to Luke who's training Rey.

This is gonna sound stupid, but I have this small feeling we're going to get Oz, McGregor, and Christensen all back for cameos.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think it's the opposite and the article seems to support that.

Really? I didn't think the article was hinting at that at all.

”The very first step in the writing of this was figuring out why he's on that island," Johnson says. ”We know that he is not a coward. He's not just hiding because he's scared. But we also know that he must know his friends are in danger. He must know the galaxy needs him. And he's sitting on this island in the middle of nowhere. There had to be an answer. It had to be something where Luke Skywalker believes he's doing the right thing – and the process of figuring out what that is and unpacking it is the journey for Rey."

Surfinn

I agree. They aren't going to make her the daughter of Obi-Wan's secret lovechild. There's no point.
There's no point in making her a Kenobi at all, regardless of explanation, I think. I just don't see what it adds to the story other than simply being an underwhelming twist. Though I will reserve my judgement if they do decide to go this route

A nobody or Skywalker makes the most sense to me still

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm not sure why it bothers me so but I want to see old Luke with his green light saber.

I think the word on the street was that Kylo's lightsaber could be the green saber, now with a broken/bleeding crystal.

Just a rumor of course.

Mihos

Gold Member
So , is Maz a Jawa or not? Can't tell from that picture of Finn.

Any Mara Jade info yet? Or what happened to Kylo's sister?

I really, really hope Luke's arc is not realizing that he's wrong about the Jedi being finished. I hope he sticks to his guns and trains Rey to move beyond Jedi and Sith towards a deeper connection with the Force.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
That article suggests quite a few points that would/could be made via that connection.

What with them constantly drawing parallels to Obi-Wan

Over and over again.

Like, 12 times or something like that.

Fuck. Looking at the article again, I only read the first section. They do mention Obi-Wan quite a bit, even if its mostly comparisons to old Luke. Hmmm...

SpaceWolf

Banned
The "Rey is Obi-Wan's grand-daughter" theory would be interesting if it connected to a later Obi-Wan spin-off film detailing how Kenobi originally hooked up with her gradmother...who I'd presume would be a female tusken raider, or something. Otherwise, Obi-Wan breaking his vows and having it off with some random woman during the events of the prequels would seem very out of character for someone so famously committed to the Jedi Code.

GhaleonEB

Masked Kylo was in the BtS reel:

2EYPzVF.jpg

The trailer shows the mask on the ground smashed, and it looks like it was stomped on. At some point Kylo says fuck this mask, smashes it, and decided to own that L Rey drew on his face.

I give it even odds Hux gives Kylo shit about and takes a saber to the face in return.

Okay the Porg is freaking adorable. I actually screamed a little at how cute that thing is.

Jarmel

Banned
We’ve already seen John Boyega’s conscience-stricken Stormtrooper try to escape from a life of wrongdoing. In The Last Jedi, Finn finds himself ready to abandon the good guys, too.

You can’t blame him. He has been critically wounded by a lightsaber attack that still burns and has never quite healed. He watched Han Solo, another reluctant hero, die horribly at the hands of his own son.

Finn did his part. Starkiller base has been destroyed. Now he wants out.

oh god fucking damn it

Top Bottom