• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Digimon:Cyber Sleuth sequel will be annouced on the latest Jump issue?

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory

PS4/PSV

new Protag: Amazawa Keisuke (name can be changed)
More than 320 Digimon
Game also includes the entirety of the original Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth game.

Awesome to have this confirmed.

"More than 320 Digimon"

Cyber Sleuth had 249 after all the updates. Next Order added around 50 (if I counted right) that weren't in Cyber Sleuth. If all of those are in, that wouldn't leave room for more than about 20 additional ones. Although it's completely possible that some Digimon will be cut out.

Edit: Although, as I recall, Cyber Sleuth was sold as "more than 220 Digimon", and it launched with 240.

Acidote

PS4/PSV

More than 320 Digimon
Game also includes the entirety of the original Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth game.

I just bought Cyber Sleuth -_-

Eh, slightly disappointed actually. Was hoping for a whole new game, not a 'G' version. Oh well, will buy at some point, but I'm in no rush. Hoping the Vita version makes it west at least.

I suppose that's what went down here, the dev cycle for this started early enough for a release this year, and Vita still makes sense in 2017.

It's an expanded re-release. Makes sense to stick on the platforms that already have all of the base game which is being included.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Eh, slightly disappointed actually. Was hoping for a whole new game, not a 'G' version. Oh well, will buy at some point, but I'm in no rush. Hoping the Vita version makes it west at least.

It's an expanded re-release. Makes sense to stick on the platforms that already have all of the base game which is being included.

Are we sure it's an expanded re-release? By reading those details, I thought it were a new game with the original included.

MSMrRound

I'm sorta confused. Is a sequel confirmed? Any link to any tweets confirming the news? Some poster's wording of a "re-release" is throwing me off

Saphirax

Where does it say it's an expanded re-release? Could be just a pack in like SAO and S;G were.

I'm sorta confused. Is a sequel confirmed? Any link to any tweets confirming the news? Some poster's wording of a "re-release" is throwing me off

Sequel that also includes the original. I'm assuming primarily due to the fact that the first game never came out on PS4 in Japan.

Are we sure it's an expanded re-release? By reading those details, I thought it were a new game with the original included.

Where does it say it's an expanded re-release? Could be just a pack in like SAO and S;G were.

Reads to me like an expanded re-release in addition to the fact that they've given it a subtitle rather than a '2' after the name, but I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

zeromcd73

It's hard to make out details since the person who uploaded the scans, only posted two pics containing about 1/4th of the page.

Completely brand new story. Same world. Hard to tell if its a sequel or a game that takes place parallel to the original game. Have to wait for full scans of V-Jump. Guy who actually has V-jump is saying that it is to Cyber Slueth as Tales of Xillia 2 is to Xillia 1.

There's a brand new protagonist. It's a sequel. They're including the original as a pack in.
Reminds of this
SAO-Game-Directors-Ed-Japan-Ann_Box-Art.jpg

Story Spoilers:
Doesnt the ending of the first game make a proper sequel impossible? Digimon don't exist the same way in the new world if I'm remembering right.

kubus

2chan has scans. I don't know if that's where zeromcd73 got their info.
Thanks.

It definitely sounds like a sequel to me. Male protagonist looks kinda creepy :p.

Edit: sequel as in a new game within the same universe but it doesn't read like it continues from where the last one ended. New story new character etc.

It's hard to make out details since the person who uploaded the scans, only posted two pics containing about 1/4th of the page.

Completely brand new story. Same world. Hard to tell if its a sequel or a game that takes place parallel to the original game. Have to wait for full scans of V-Jump. Guy who actually has V-jump is saying that it is to Cyber Slueth as Tales of Xillia 2 is to Xillia 1.

Thanks for the info! Guess I was wrong then, although again it makes the platform makes sense if it's an asset reuse sequel like Tales of Xillia 2 was.

Well, that's gotten me definitely more excited then. Hype!

Ydelnae

So, an edgy attempt at making the plot more serious with lazy story advancement restrictions and 90% assets reused?

kxUwvoV.gif

Thanks.

It definitely sounds like a sequel to me. Male protagonist looks kinda creepy :p.

Edit: sequel as in a new game within the same universe but it doesn't read like it continues from where the last one ended. New story new character etc.

He looks Arata-ish, which is a weird choice for a main character. Maybe all hackers look that way. :p It seems his "goggles" are a black visor.

#Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory will also contain the prequel Cyber Sleuth. HM will tell CS's backstory
https://twitter.com/bk2128

Yeah I found some pics for scans, even has new Digimons in that pic.

Unimon for old school fans, Grademon for those who complained about Alphamon line being not original. There's also 2 I cant recognize, maybe Sangloupmon? Also either Hackmon or Baohackmon.

WHAT THE FUCK DINOBEEMON

Wormmon got his ultimate, hoooow he was obscure as shit wtf.

Literally one of the few things I wanted added. Just Airdramon and maybe Kunemon missing and everything is perfect for me lol

Oh right I guess for gameplay purposes I think splitting Int into.... Int Attack and Int Defense might work better? Also nerfing pierce, status effects and Perfect Revival in online.

So Hacker's Memory is actually a prequel?

Sounds like it.

From the same Twitter:
#Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory MC (def name Amasawa Keisuke) was marked for a crime he didnt commit so he go to Hacker's World

Yeah I found some pics for scans, even has new Digimons in that pic.

Unimon for old school fans, Grademon for those who complained about Alphamon line being not original. There's also 2 I cant recognize, maybe Sangloupmon? Also either Hackmon or Baohackmon.

WHAT THE FUCK DINOBEEMON

Wormmon got his ultimate, hoooow he was obscure as shit wtf.

Literally one of the few things I wanted added. Just Airdramon and maybe Kunemon missing and everything is perfect for me lol

Oh right I guess for gameplay purposes I think splitting Int into.... Int Attack and Int Defense might work better? Also nerfing pierce, status effects and Perfect Revival in online.

Crescemon looks to be in too.

Rymuth

PS4/PSV

More than 320 Digimon
So its a Kiwami/Delta type expansion?

Fake edit: on second thought, they didnt make you switch protags

Some of those new Digimon are pretty good. Glad we're getting some more ones that aren't just Adventure characters/first gen V-pet Digimon.

Still going to hold out hope on some Holy Beasts, Frontier Digimon and Bagramon/DarkKnightmon. Don't let me down, Habu.

True Fire

That name is ridiculous. I hope they go full Persona with it though. Pokémon is very much turning into a 3D Saturday morning cartoon, and being more adult would help Digimon finally stand out.

PS4 release means mandatory Pro Mode. If the Original Cyber Sleuth is in 4K I'll rebuy.

Zaventem

what are the new digimon? also i wonder if we'll get the updated Hacker Memory part as additional dlc in the west or do i have to refarm everything again. edit exmachina is fake info.. damn. Still i'm hyped.

Someone suggested that one of the Digimons there is Strikedramon, which does kinda look like him.

So if Monodramon gets in as well, his line is fixed too.

lol so many line corrections. I wonder what other important lines will be fixed?

As for surprisingly fast Frontier fans, I'm pretty sure Agunimon, Emperorgreymon, Magnagarurumon & Susanoomon will be added from Next Order.

So regrouping new ones:

Crescemon
Dinobeemon
Grademon
Unimon
Strikedramon?
Sangloupmon
Baohackmon?

Saphirax

what are the new digimon? also i wonder if we'll get the updated Hacker Memory part as additional dlc in the west or do i have to refarm everything again. Digimon Story: Exmachina is the PS4 only game, so i've read.

This is not an expansion. It's a new game and it apparently takes place during the same time as CS.

Exmachina was just a fake rumor.

There's nothing in the scans saying it's a prequel, and the tweets that mention it are translating "previous work" as prequel. The game has the story of Cyber Sleuth in it. The person tweeting about it is not a native English speaker.

Top Bottom