• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation artwork leak

Nibel

Lock and load if old

I've got the image from Twitter (fellow ex-gaffer Nintex tweeted it), not sure how much else will be leaked tonight

UNlR9v9.jpg

Here is the other artwork going around.

Ba5QO6ZCIAA5YxK.jpg

I really hope this one turns out well. I've heard very positive things on the down-low, but the talk of most of the enemies being soldiers and cyborgs is just ... urhg.

Leynos

Fingers crossed. I'm part of the problem, but I'll buy any Alien(s) game that I can get my hands on.

Don't have a lot of games based on the one, single alien. I'm hoping that means just one Xenomorph, maybe more a survival horror type of ga--

I really hope this one turns out well. I've heard very positive things on the down-low, but the talk of most of the enemies being soldiers and cyborgs is just ... urhg.

ibsmiFnmg6xcH8.gif

...of course...video games...

Unicorn

If this means that Alien(s) will then be a more terrifying enemy, then this could be good. Like, it/they pop in while in firefights and cause general chaos or provide tension in-between those encounters.

Certainly better than the mindset that you should just destroy waves of aliens because they are merely fodder.

How do you even fuck up something as basic as enemies in Aliens?

It's not hard. Hint to devs : it's on the title.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's not much, but as promo artwork it's certainly on point for what I'd want from the series.

Puru

Maybe you will have to "use" the alien to get rid off the enemy that annoys you while trying to avoid getting in direct contact with it, lot's of enigma and puzzle to find a way out or getting rid of ennemies, and a bit of gunfights (but not much please)...

Not expecting much but who knows.

If this means that Alien(s) will then be a more terrifying enemy, then this could be good. Like, it/they pop in while in firefights and cause general chaos or provide tension in-between those encounters.

Certainly better than the mindset that you should just destroy waves of aliens because they are merely fodder.

Yeah, pretty much all of this.

The alien encounters should be few, with good build up and tension, and of course hard as fuck, those things must be lethal killers not just mindless grunts who die in a few shots.

More "Alien" and less "Aliens" this time, please.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I gotta say just from that artwork i'm down for this.
Even if the enemies are humans and cyborgs. It'll make the xenomorph appearances all the more special just like in Alien. Not to mention that means we'll get some 3 way conflict's which i'm a huge fan of. Hell those were my favorite part's in colonial marines.

I didn't think Colonial Marines was that bad on PC after the patches and for the cheap price I bought it for.

I totally agree that one or two aliens in the whole game IS a great idea. I want that game.

However, the alien void doesn't NEED to be filled with combat against soldiers, like I could get in any other game. I really, really, hope the rumors about it aren't true, and that we can have a game focused on actual sci-fi horror, other than childish, "PEOPLE WILL GET BORED IF WE DON'T DO GUNS ALL THE TIME GUNS GUNS GUNS!"

Darklord

Banned

How about this. Dead Space but instead of Necromorphs it's Xenomorphs. It's not hard!!

Whompa

I like that first shot with the alien silhouetted in the visor. Nice touch.

Could be ok if it's not modeled off a shooter like Call of Duty or something else that's brainless and dumb, and more like Butcher Bay or the old Thief games....something with a semblance of taste and tactics.

Cardon

After the abomination that was Colonial Marines things can only go up from here.

Artwork looks good btw.

I totally agree that one or two aliens in the whole game IS a great idea. I want that game.

However, the alien void doesn't NEED to be filled with combat against soldiers, like I could get in any other game. I really, really, hope the rumors about it aren't true, and that we can have a game focused on actual sci-fi horror, other than childish, "PEOPLE WILL GET BORED IF WE DON'T DO GUNS ALL THE TIME GUNS GUNS GUNS!"

Yeah, i agree, i would gladly take an adventure game with some action sections and more puzzles and actually exploring instead of straight action tps/fps again, we already had several of those, and sadly few are really worth the time.

Darklord

Banned
That is what Isolation was originally rumored to be. Somewhere along the line, however, rumors changed to more of a shooter vibe. Which is a shame.

What idiot goes "You know this horror series with an iconic enemy? Let's make it LESS of that". I guess cause it worked so well the last time. -_- I hope the rumours false.

Sorcerer

Positive thinking is all good, but if its published by Sega, the game is probably cursed.

I knew Colonial Marines was too good to be true long before if came out because Sega.

How do you even fuck up something as basic as enemies in Aliens?

It's not hard. Hint to devs : it's on the title.

Playing Devils advocate, they're actually pretty boring and generic for a videogame and thanks to Cameron...just cannon fodder to be thrown infront of pulse rifles, flamethrowers and turrents.
A 10 hour game of shooting cookie cutter black beasties crawling around would soon grow tiresome.

I actually think Telltale's style of storytelling and gameplay would suit the franchise better than a shooter. Pull it all back to a bunch of characters who are vulnerable and isolated, have just one or two aliens attacking them and let the player worry and grieve for the fate of these survivors.

Blinck

Please be good please be good please be good please be good

Why can't my favorite movie franchise ever have a good modern game ? :(

I actually think Telltale's style of storytelling and gameplay would suit the franchise better than a shooter. Pull it all back to a bunch of characters who are vulnerable and isolated, have just one or two aliens attacking them and let the player worry and grieve for the fate of these survivors.

God..please no... let's not say that every again please :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought Ripley's daughter was dead (iirc mentioned in the second movie)....

Depends on which version of the film you watch -- the theatrical cut doesn't mention her fate at all. It was added in the SE to contextualise the strong attachment Ripley develops with Newt.

Top Bottom