• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Ronin

Argh. Work and school have been keeping me away from this and NMH2.

I should be freed up tomorrow to throwdown with some of you guys. I posted my FC in the matchup thread if anybody wants to play.

The only part i dont like are the new endings. Mind you i've only gotten 2, but its just very boring, and when compared to the JP version, its just not as cool. Subbed versions of those endings would have been better.

Caj814

Anyone else thinking online feels sluggish even on "good connections"?I had way too many air combo breakups or random supers I've ran into since I started playing online.Not to mention not being able to catch players who run away the entire match.Ugh

Linkhero1

Caj814 said:
Anyone else thinking online feels sluggish even on "good connections"?I had way too many air combo breakups or random supers I've ran into since I started playing online.Not to mention not being able to catch players who run away the entire match.Ugh
I was on wired and had a bit of a problem but it was way way better than wireless was for me. I think it might have been the other players connection because I had at least one or two lag free matches.

Threi

notag
the input lag online is unbearable, but i chalk that up to being on a wireless connection (the Wii never played nice with my router to begin with)

when I get the wired adapter we will see if that changes anything, but for now the most effective strategy online seems to be just mashing buttons.

RedBoot

Unlocked Zero and Blade today, Blade is pretty awesome. After playing against Joe online though, I really want to unlock him and try him out.

Sticking with Frank + Tatsu character as my online team. Mostly using Blade or Yatterman, but I've done surprisingly well with Doronjo. I still haven't seen much lag at all online, and I even played a few international matches. I got both spectrums of matchups tonight though, matches I won easily, and Ryu/Morrigan combos that destroyed me. :D

vazel

Banned
Is getting a wired adapter going to do much considering 95% of the people you're going to be playing against are going to be using the Wii's built-in wifi.

Linkhero1

vazel said:
Is getting a wired adapter going to do much considering 95% of the people you're going to be playing against are going to be using the Wii's built-in wifi.
Made the game at least playable online for me. Before getting the adapter it was nearly unplayable for me. Whenever I pressed a button it preformed the action like 3 seconds later on screen, now it does it much faster.

jlevel13

The first couple of games I played online yesterday the lag was pretty bad, but since then it has been about as smooth as the offline experience (I'm also getting into matches much quicker, probably because more people are picking up the game). Could just be the small sample size, but the fact that the last handful of matches have been lag free is encouraging. How badly I did in most of those matches is discouraging though...

I get the impression a lot of people online have been playing this game for over a year, where I've just cracked hour six.

It's kind of a drag that in the free matches it still tracks and shows your wins and loses - I don't want to dig a big hole in my record while I'm trying to learn the game, but that's the only way I can really learn it, it seems. It's already getting kinda embarrassing.

It's funny (and surprising) that you can unlock the hidden characters even if you continue in arcade mode. I don't understand why they bothered. It's just a grind. The closing credits mini game takes forever and is boring as hell, and the shooting mini-game you unlock for going through that is pretty much complete garbage.

Hiltz

Just unlocked Tekkaman Blade. I think he looks the coolest out of all of the fighters but I'm actually better playing as the other Tekkman. Man, Yami is a such a cheap boss. Capcom seriously needs to improve on their final boss characters in their fighting games.

I've tried using the GameCube controls but found it to be kind of overwhelming so I tried switching to the Wii remote. I actually like the simplified control scheme but the d-Pad just isn't ideal so I'm now sticking to the Wii remote + Nunchuck.

I still haven't tried online play yet.

Anyone know how to unlock the PTX-40A mini game ?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hiltz said:
Just unlocked Tekkaman Blade. I think he looks the coolest out of all of the fighters but I'm actually better playing as the other Tekkman.

I've tried using the GameCube controls but fount it to be a bit overwhelming so I tried switching to the Wii remote. I actually like the simplified control scheme but the d-Pad just isn't ideal so I'm now sticking to the Wii remote + Nunchuck.

I still haven't tried online play yet.

Anyone know how to unlock the PTX-40A mini game ?

get all the yellow letters that spell out "thank you for playing" in the credits mini game

Hiltz

Nelo Ice said:
get all the yellow letters that spell out "thank you for playing" in the credits mini game

Oh! So that's how. I was wondering why certain letters were yellow but I missed the "A" in "Thank" and the "F" in "For".

jlevel13 said:
It's kind of a drag that in the free matches it still tracks and shows your wins and loses - I don't want to dig a big hole in my record while I'm trying to learn the game, but that's the only way I can really learn it, it seems. It's already getting kinda embarrassing.

I have yet to get online but according to the instruction manual, re-registering your tag will reset your previous data - so your record with a previous tag should get deleted. Can anybody confirm/deny?

Linkhero1

Little Green Yoda said:
I have yet to get online but according to the instruction manual, re-registering your tag will reset your previous data - so your record with a previous tag should get deleted. Can anybody confirm/deny?
It also deletes your rank data as well.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hiltz said:
I've tried using the GameCube controls but found it to be kind of overwhelming so I tried switching to the Wii remote. I actually like the simplified control scheme but the d-Pad just isn't ideal so I'm now sticking to the Wii remote + Nunchuck.

The classic controller is not bad if you can't wait for the Pro or don't want to import it. I found out pretty quickly that you have to hold it like you hold a sandwich (both hands with fingers flat and adjacent, and the thumbs covering the face side of the controller) at least that's the only way that's comfortable for me for more than 20 minutes..but maybe I got big hands :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't play online until my wired adapter comes.

BOOOOOO.

(Can't wait to try out Saki against some fools)

Hiltz said:
Oh! So that's how. I was wondering why certain letters were yellow but I missed the "A" in "Thank" and the "F" in "For".
Beat the game with Roll. It's musch easer to collect the yellow letters with her.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
jlevel13 said:
The first couple of games I played online yesterday the lag was pretty bad, but since then it has been about as smooth as the offline experience (I'm also getting into matches much quicker, probably because more people are picking up the game). Could just be the small sample size, but the fact that the last handful of matches have been lag free is encouraging. How badly I did in most of those matches is discouraging though...

I get the impression a lot of people online have been playing this game for over a year, where I've just cracked hour six.

It's funny (and surprising) that you can unlock the hidden characters even if you continue in arcade mode. I don't understand why they bothered. It's just a grind. The closing credits mini game takes forever and is boring as hell, and the shooting mini-game you unlock for going through that is pretty much complete garbage.

That's the impression I"m getting also. I never played this game until this week, so I played and beat the arcade mode to get a hang of it and then jumped online. Thinking I was going to fight people who are around my skill level, I was getting my buttt WHIP by what seemed like pros. I wasn't even playing, I was just watching my tail get beat down in awe :D.

Is anyone else having an issue I'm having in which is trying to find your mains because everyone just seems so good and fun to play with in this game? :D Right now, Karas, Soki, and Alex are my best, but I'm starting to really like Tekkaman as well (I also use Viewtiful Joe and Polimar)

Unlocked Frank last night, he seems flat out hilarious. I really wish I had more time to play this damn game, a tuesday release during this week of all weeks has lead to maybe 1-1.5 hours a night to play before I have to get my ass to bed to start off the workathon the next morning. This weekend I hope to get more play time in.

As far as what characters I like so far, Alex, Morrigan, and Batsu from the Capcom side, and Ippatsuman from the Tastsunoko side. It always takes me a while to figure out which characters gel with me.

And tried one online match and it lagged pretty badly. I didn't buy this game to play online though, so It's not an issue.

Vgamer

The lag seems to be alot worse for online play for me today than it was yesterday. Maybe something is wrong with my connection? Its strange as last night it was great.

How would everyone feel about a Capcom vs Shonen crossover fighter? I would love to see that. There are so many recognizable characters from not only Japan but U.S and Europe. Between series like DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and (Kinnikuman?) there is more than enough source material to draw from to make a HUGE roster like MvC2.

I also think it would be easier to get the licenses because most of the Shoen licenses are owned my Bandi Namco. It seems a lot less of a hassle to get those licenses than going though the various Marvel licenses for a MvC3.

Add in 3v3 and have a Oozaru as the final boss.

Host Samurai said:
How would everyone feel about a Capcom vs Shonen crossover fighter? I would love to see that. There are so many recognizable characters from not only Japan but U.S and Europe. Between series like DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and (Kinnikuman?) there is more than enough source material to draw from to make a HUGE roster like MvC2.

I also think it would be easier to get the licenses because most of the Shoen licenses are owned my Bandi Namco. It seems a lot less of a hassle to get those licenses than going though the various Marvel licenses for a MvC3.

A friend and I were talking about this a while back. I thought it would be nice if (death note spoilers)
there was an ice climbers style Light/L handcuffed combo team.
Didnt really think to much about how it would work though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Host Samurai said:

Not exactly the case. They'd still have to secure the DBZ, Kinnikuman, and One Piece licenses from Funimation, the Naruto and Bleach licenses from Viz, and so on. It doesn't matter who has the license to make games based on the properties. Though it does help that two or three big companies hold most of the major anime licenses in the US.

bigosc2k

Banned
I am getting this game for my birthday which is today, I just want to know how Zero plays, is he easy to use? and how strong is he compared to the other characters?

xero273

Host Samurai said:
How would everyone feel about a Capcom vs Shonen crossover fighter?

I imagine it would still be a pain. Jump super stars is pretty much all shonen stuff and that was a licensing nightmare. Maybe jump was a special case though

Seraphis Cain said:
Not exactly the case. They'd still have to secure the DBZ, Kinnikuman, and One Piece licenses from Funimation, the Naruto and Bleach licenses from Viz, and so on. It doesn't matter who has the license to make games based on the properties. Though it does help that two or three big companies hold most of the major anime licenses in the US.

I would think that it would be a lot easier than what most people would think. This would also sell "shit loads" worldwide. Given the licenses and the game play it just makes way too much sense and just "clicks".

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
neo2046 said:
:(

* from the JP version bonus secret file I believe.
allow to post or not ?

So what could have been were...

- Phoenix Wright
- Ingrid
- GnG stage
- Komugi
- Rollerblade Hero Muteking

D:

Top Bottom