• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 : Amazon exclusive Steelbook edition pops up on Amazon.de

L~A

71u0SmPAIUL._SL1188_.jpg

Source

More pics available on Amazon.de :

Looks like it's an Amazon (DE) exclusive. 10€ more than the regular edition.

NotLiquid

I do love me a good Steelbook and the MK8 cover is spectacular.

That said I think I'll just settle on the normal for this one since I feel the blue box actually complements the cover aesthetic. That and I want the Limited Edition.

FSLink

Banned
NoA would be forgiven for using a red box instead of a blue one if we get our own steelbook.

I just really like steelbooks.

CoolS

Saw this a few days ago, but no way I'm paying 10€ extra for the steelbook.

Btw wasn't there a Promotion for MK8 and Super Mario Kart VC?

There is, I'll geht the 7,99€ substracted if I buy in eshop. And I still habe a premium code of 5€. So I'll geht this for LEDs than 50€, at midnight plus another free game. Loving this.

NoA would be forgiven for using a red box instead of a blue one if we get our own steelbook.

I just really like steelbooks.

I really wish NoA would release similar Limited Edition games as Euro. Nintendo has to realize that there is a decent section of Nintendo fans that collect anything related to Nintendo.

The Wind Waker HD Limited edition sold out in a couple hours. Should be obvious that these Limited Editions would sell in NA. I know some who bought the WWHD Limited Edition game without owning a Wii U because they were Zelda fans.

L~A

Saw this a few days ago, but no way I'm paying 10€ extra for the steelbook.

Btw wasn't there a Promotion for MK8 and Super Mario Kart VC?

There's two promotions (which can work together) :

- buy Super Mario Kart and get 7.99€ discount on MK8 on the eShop
- buy and register MK8 on Club Nintendo, and download a free game (retail + download, doesn't matter).

I really wish NoA would release similar Limited Edition games as Euro. Nintendo has to realize that there is a decent section of Nintendo fans that collect anything related to Nintendo.

Pretty sure today's announcement from Nintendo World Store is a steelbook.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good to see them going all out with MK8, it deserves it.

Looks like being the most polished Nintendo game since Galaxy.

clav

Question is digital vs. disk.

Disk drive motors wear out.

Nintendo eshop account management is crap.

-------------

The box reminds me of the Halo 2 edition I bought nearly 9 years ago.

prag16

Banned
I'd be down for a steelbook, but not if the ONLY difference between the standard and steelbook edition is the steelbook itself, for 10 dollars/euros more.

There's two promotions (which can work together) :

- buy Super Mario Kart and get 7.99€ discount on MK8 on the eShop
- buy and register MK8 on Club Nintendo, and download a free game (retail + download, doesn't matter).

Pretty sure today's announcement from Nintendo World Store is a steelbook.

Do you know who will carry it? I'm sure Amazon will send me a damaged one if it's Amazon only in NA :(

Still will definitely go with this if you are correct.

More pics available on Amazon.de :
Thank goodness you can remove the USK logo.

Still isn't this the same price as the Spiny Shell version? How many limited editions must a man buy to have a complete one (I'm not even adding the Amazon.co.jp playing cards either...there are two of those too).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I would rather get the official limited edition from Nintendo for the same price.

zroid

Banned
Looks great, if it were available standalone (I know amazon.de does this sometimes) I'd have bought it to go with my NA copy of the game for sure.

Dr Dogg

Never been a fan of debossed and beveled Steelbooks but exterior artwork looks nice. Shame few places ever show interior artwork at all, probably due to most being plain just recently.

I was thinking the same :/

First, UK gets this
mariokart8le3hje9.jpg

And now DE gets a steelbook ...

No love for 'murica :(

Exactly. Do they not realize they are leaving money on the table by not releasing Limited/Collectors Editions in North America? The Wind Waker HD Limited Edition with Gannon Figurine sold out in only a few hours. I just can't understand why they wouldn't realize there is additional revenue by releasing Limited/Collectors Editions in North America. Nintendo Collecting is only growing and those collectors would eat these up!

Question is digital vs. disk.

Disk drive motors wear out.

Nintendo eshop account management is crap.

-------------

The box reminds me of the Halo 2 edition I bought nearly 9 years ago.

I'm getting digital and physical le release, I hope that means I'm entitled to two free games.

Top Bottom