• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue III Kickstarter Q&A streaming on Twitch

IrishNinja

pfLMmUC.gif

Stream link (10p EST)!
Official Youtube page in case you miss the stream

Let's go everybody! Here's your chance to tell Suzuki why Lucky Hit Boards are more important to you than PS4 physical copies~

Summary:

ok what i got from this
- They are seriously thinking about getting us a physical PS4 release and tell us just to be patient.
- Paypal is being considered, will probably be implemented later
- You get to take on the 4 Chiyoumen bosses
- Skill Tree System is for building up martial arts abilities (linked to scrolls).
- Character Perspective System lets you play as Shenhua and Ren in Baisha.
- Shenmue 3 wont finish the story, which i'm actually happy with, i dont want Yu to rush this even if we are put on a cliffhanger for another 14 years,
really hoping Shenmue 3 is successfull

kYR4ZD0.png
7CUYMHS.gif

tK7hxkw.jpg

Gono

Banned
I'd love to know if it would be possible to play the game with the original japanese voice but with english subtitles.

I really really want this option confirmed.

Maligna

Banned
I'd love to know if it would be possible to play the game with the original japanese voice but with english subtitles.

I really really want this option confirmed.

More than likely. An English dub would be a lot of money. Money that would be better put towards expanding the game world.

So, what are y'all gonna ask?
So far I'm thinking: How do you keep Q&A's performed using Twitch chat from being a complete clusterfuck?
My first time on one of these and I really have no idea.

KageMaru

So far I'm thinking: How do you keep Q&A's performed using Twitch chat from being a complete clusterfuck?

I know it's been asked before, but I was wondering if he had an update on whether he's going to use paypal after the kickstarter ends. It seems like that will be the only way he ever reaches $10 million+.

I know it's been asked before, but I was wondering if he had an update on whether he's going to use paypal after the kickstarter ends. It seems like that will be the only way he ever reaches $10 million+.

I really hope they give us this option. Some of those stretch goals sound intriguing.

wonzo

Banned
I think they confirmed they were looking into it.

I'm guessing it is going to have an English translation considering that is how the Kickstarter is presented.
If that is the plan then I'd wonder what angle they'd be going for. Intentionally hammy to capture the spirit, or properly professional? One's purely nostalgic fan service, the other would arguably be an improvement and better suited for newcomers.

Wonder what Corey Marshall sounds like these days?
I think they confirmed they were looking into it.
We should probably ask again to encourage them to look into it harder.

Furoba

I had the impression that they are going to use pre-prepared questions they got through Kickstarter, actually. That way, the questions do not need to be translated on the spot (just the answers).

Someone must ask him if they plan on having a PayPal option once the kick-starter is over, and if he thinks 10 million dollars will eventually be raised.

Top Bottom