• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thoughts on Titanfall 2?

Saw that it's $20 on PSN, worth it? I was a big fan of the 1st one but never bought this one because of BF1 and Rainbow Six

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It's better than both of them. FPS of the generation, so far.

HvySky

My personal 2016 GOTY and one of the best first person shooters ever made. Truly unique and inventive campaign and a super fun experience. Other than Overwatch, the last time I put as much time into a competitive multiplayer game as I did with Titanfall 2 was probably the first two Modern Warfares. $20 is a total steal.

Great game overall, though there are some questionable design choices in multiplayer, not enough that it makes it terrible mind you.

VeeP

My 2016 GOTY. Great controls, great multiplayer, solid multiplayer that has improved since launch. Pick it up.

HotHamBoy

Lol i literally just made a thread about this.

If you just want to play the campaign you can beat it in one night, Redbox it for $3.

Joey Ravn

Banned
The singleplayer campaign is incredible. And I actually had fun with the multiplayer. That's nothing to scoff at, since I absolutely loathe multiplayer modes in games.

Theswweet

The level design in the multiplayer isn't quite as good as the first game, but it's still one of the best FPS this generation.

Worth full price, definitely a steal at $20.

Diancecht

It's an amazing pick up and play game. I log-in and get in a game in three minutes on PC, play one 15 min game and log-out. The best.

Ravelle

I like everything about it, movement and aiming feels perfect. It's the only FPS on console that I'm pretty good at, unlike Battlefield which feels like you're moving underwater.

I dropped it pretty quickly because there wasn't much progression for your character, getting a leopard skin or a slightly different color once in a while didn't do it for me.

YoghPL

Neo Member
Campaign is basically everything Half Life 3 could be, even if it's only 6h long.

And I am not kidding one bit.

wuth

I liked the single player quite a bit, but every multiplayer match I played was a complete stomp and the skill curve is ridiculous. If you aren't used to the COD style quick-kill combat then you'll struggle to keep up.

Stevey

xnuKCk3.png

KDC720

Its a very good shooter package.

SP campaign is great, although I wouldn't call it the best one ever imo.

MP builds on the already fantastic foundation of the first game and manages to be even better as a result.

Respawn has been doing a good job supporting post launch as well.

Solid campaign, but the skill floor for multiplayer is much higher than most modern shooters - whether this is a good or bad thing will be down to your own tastes.

I bought this from that sale too and just started it last night. It's really fucking good. The levels are all different and the controls are fantastic.

Definitely worth it for $20. A pretty damn good first person shooter story mode and a good multiplayer. Gameplay is strong in the SP, story is pretty campy sci-fi silliness, but it works when you're piloting big robots.

It's what Titanfall 1 should have been to be honest. I think if TF2 was TF1 then TF1 would have been a huge franchise.

it's a competently made FPS. I've only beaten the first two levels and it's alright so far.

MP is good if you're sick of slower paced shooters and prefer hectic fast paced chaos. I play a few games every now and then and feel like I've had my fill. It feels like a mechanically sound Black Ops III.

Top Bottom