• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

heckfu

Banned
Taking Screwattack seriously is probably on par with putting Yahtzee on Metacritc.

And watching it made my brain hurt. They literally said COD should die so the internet would stop talking about it, likened the Madden franchise (one of the best sports sims EVER) to merging WWF and WCW, and said that no matter how good H4 is the series should still die.

Sounds like some grumpy fatties to me.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The FPS made with Trial Evolution's forge blew my mind, you can even aim down sights.

That game needs to be in everyone's xbox, and not just for the little big planet stuff, but because the core bike game itself is that good.

Playing MP made me realize I LOVE the (smooth, long) race tracks and HATE the (jump, brake) puzzle tracks. Game is cracky.

Playing MP made me realize I LOVE the (smooth, long) race tracks and HATE the (jump, brake) puzzle tracks. Game is cracky.

This is one of the greatest improvements over the first game - there are a lot more easy/fun motocross tracks to enjoy in single player before you hit the wall of rage-inducing impossible gauntlets. My favorite was the 13-minute long track that took very few restarts, it was just a series of fun hills and jumps.

Hit the 500 restart limit on a few tracks this weekend. Not as bad as hitting the 30-minute time limit at only 300 restarts and 10 feet from the finish line.

Retro

"We already finished the fight."

Yeah, that's a great reason Gametrailers. I guess you didn't get that exclusive reveal, eh?

I wasn't going to give them my traffic, but is that actually a real reason they give? Reminds me of;
egfkM.jpg

Tawpgun

Beginner to Medium Tracks have that covered. Hard tracks you can still gun down but might take some more fancy bike work to get through.

Extreme tracks are fucking stupid.

300 faults and 20 minutes on one fucking jump. Goddamn.

Retro

To be fair they also said that trilogies that try for a fourth installment all end up sucking. So there's that too.

Resident Evil says hello (shouldn't have pushed it with RE5 though). Not making a jab at you, Null, I'm just sayin'... it's not a law of the gaming universe or anything.

Bottom Line: A crappy gaming site using crappy tactics to generate traffic to their crappy articles. Just surprised it's not IGN again.

To be fair they also said that trilogies that try for a fourth installment all end up sucking. So there's that too. Not that it makes it any better a pick.
Rocky IV is amazing goddammit. :p

And games have a history of extremely well received fourquels (Resident Evil 4, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Call of Duty 4) , though I'm guessing they meant ones that were planned as trilogies, but that seems like splitting hairs.

Well since I love the hell out of ODST and Reach I can't possibly agree with them. But I figure that even with all facts in hand it still so easy to mock em. Good technique to get the hits and forums going though.

The Master Chief: Sir, request permission to leave the station.
Lord Hood: For what purpose, Master Chief?
The Master Chief: To give the Covenant back their bomb.
Lord Hood: Permission granted.

GhaleonEB

Yeah I think Gametrailers are a bit butthurt there.

Halo doesn't need to die. That's preposterous, right guys?

Well, since we've got three more coming for certain, we can look forward to ongoing tears from those making such lists.

There's not really any rhyme or reason to their list. Just a bunch of series that the writer doesn't like or was able to count a bunch of sequels to. Forum fodder and click chum, nothing more.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm back from Coachella!(which by the way was fucking awesome and huge props to thezerofire for being such an awesome guy!) I know you guys missed me, right?

So, folks, if I ever move to CA, I know what street to move to. I bet a bunch of y'all already live here.

sW9bD.jpg

yes i know there's an e. closeenough.png

I come home late and fall asleep after dinner and I missed all the things! Some pretty cool discussions, a fantastic Tunavi troll and a hilarious ScrewAttack thread. Fun times indeed.

Sai-kun

Banned
oh my god i just saw the 60fps thread on waypoint.

"Why are so many people thanking every post?"

"23 users thanked FA W4R M4CHIN3 for this useful post."

i'm dying :lol

monome

Carice van Houten is a terrible actrice, every time she says that line I cringe.

I'll gladly take her on a boat for a night that is dark and full of terrors.

By the way, the Mongoliad Book one is out for those in need of more medieval goodness or Greg Bearness.

Top Bottom