• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crocodile

These poll results:

tumblr_oq56vqh65H1vgey1so1_1280.png

Source

Edit: Byte & Barq icon looks like someone getting titty-fucked to me.

Welp I can't unsee that now,
fuck you LOL

How/what is she even sitting on in this gif. It's not like her hair is holding her up.

This reference always gets me LOL

They love giving everyone white hair :p

Nah they especially like giving dark-skinned characters light hair colors. As others have said, its probably a function of contrast (especially for manga which is B&W)

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Gotta go Kid Cobra. He's legit cool looking, that helmet/snake spine thing on his back is awesome.

I'd probably use Twintelle as my main female character. Reminds me of Bayonetta a lot.

Is anyone else finding it odd that Byte & Barq's stage is a beach? I would've expected something like a steampunk london or the like :eek:

Yo, what is kid cobra's gimmick?
His evade slides under attacks, making him very hard to hit. If there's anything in addition to that I don't think they've gone into detail on it yet :eek:

edit: found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/6bwxu8/all_arms_character_abilities/
Ability 1: Can charge up dashes in conjunction with ARMS, making dashes quicker and giving more distance
Ability 2: When ”charge dashing" on the ground, Kid Cobra will duck under all incoming attacks

Would've gone Byte and Barq or Min Min if I could vote. I'm not sold on Twintelle, the hair thing reminds me of Bayonetta which I'm also not too high on.

Tizoc

Of course Twintelle is topping the polls XD.

Hopefully ARMS will get a good enough following that it'll be in more major FG tournies.

Harpoon

Yeah, but their design screams british bobby :p
For beach patrolling you'd expect something more baywatchy or something like mecha-hoff

Well, I expect that's the joke--they're dressed up and act like actual police, but they're pretty much just the beach patrol. Maybe their reason for fighting in the grand prix is to get a promotion.

Crocodile

The question isn't "what is the skin color of anime characters who tend to have light hair", the question is "what is the hair color of anime characters that tend to have dark skin". It's a very specific question. Most anime characters are fair skinned so most characters who have light hair will have fair skin. Of the characters who have dark skin, what is their hair color (or range of hair colors) is what we want to know. When you do a even a superficial overview, certain patterns show up very quickly.

She can float/hover

Huh. Maybe. But she usually has a flower aura when she's doing that so I dunno. Obviously not a huge deal but its hard not to notice how weird it looks :p

Tizoc

I assume its the contrast.

That being said I will give them a pass with Twintelle because I would assume she dyed her hair and that color is slaying me rn

Like, she is an unholy fusion of Beyonce and Rihanna

IoHkaX5.gif

I am getting some Dudley vibes from this GIF.
dudley-intro1.gif

Also
dudley-tea-ufs.jpg

Well, I expect that's the joke--they're dressed up and act like actual police, but they're pretty much just the beach patrol. Maybe their reason for fighting in the grand prix is to get a promotion.
Not feeling it, but ok :/

The question isn't "what is the skin color of anime characters who tend to have light hair", the question is "what is the hair color of anime characters that tend to have dark skin". It's a very specific question. Most anime characters are fair skinned so most characters who have light hair will have fair skin. Of the characters who have dark skin, what is their hair color (or range of hair colors) is what we want to know. When you do a even a superficial overview, certain patterns show up very quickly.
Fair enough on what the question is, but even with the question being what the hair colour of anime characters with dark skin predominantly being is, I'm not really sure I agree that they're disproportionately 'white haired' either. I just did a quick search to see if maybe there were some I'd forgotten but I find as many, if not more, with brown, black or purple hair as much as white :eek:

edit: thinking on it though, if you did want an explanation of why light hair and dark skin might show up in anime/game characters a fair bit (outside of the contrast idea you suggested) I suspect you could look to ganguro fashion as a possible influence.

I am getting some Dudley vibes from this GIF.
Glad it's not just me that thought of Dudley drinking tea with his boxing gloves on :3

Neiteio

Some cool ideas I've seen for future characters:

- Music-themed fighter with accordion arms
- Pharaoh-themed fighter with papyrus scroll arms
- Movie-themed fighter with film reel arms
- Flower-themed fighter with vine arms
- Electronics-themed fighter with cable arms

Some cool ideas I've seen for future characters:

- Music-themed fighter with accordion arms
- Pharaoh-themed fighter with papyrus scroll arms
- Movie-themed fighter with film reel arms
- Flower-themed fighter with vine arms
- Electronics-themed fighter with cable arms
Master Mummy probably has the Pharaoh themed one covered.

I hope Twintelle and Min Min end up being garbage-tier so that the REAL waifu, Ribbon Girl, can rise to the top!

I'm using King Cobra so it doesn't really matter lol

Just a note: Any character can use any style of glove. You can even mix and match them. :-O

When I played it at SXSW, there are only 3 types of gloves per character but you can mix and match those 3 on your left and right hand. Ninjara's set of gloves is different than Master Mummy for example.

Harpoon

When I played it at SXSW, there are only 3 types of gloves per character but you can mix and match those 3 on your left and right hand. Ninjara's set of gloves is different than Master Mummy for example.

All of the demos have only allowed people to use the characters' signature gloves, but it's been confirmed multiple times, including in the new direct, that you'll be able to use any gloves on anyone.

NEO0MJ

I think the poster means in the final game, where each character can unlock the other's gloves and create custom load outs.

How was it for you, anyway?

Top Bottom