• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Announced: New 3D handheld (no glasses!), reveal @ E3, out by March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

john tv

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323.pdf

Courtesy of @markmacd's twitter

- New portable hardware
- To be announced at E3
- Uses 3D w/o need for glasses
- Backwards compatible with DS, DSi
- Release BEFORE March 2011 (sorry! my bad)
- Prints money

Update: English press release: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

Nintendo said:
March 23, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:
Re: Launch of New Portable Game Machine

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Minami-ward of Kyoto-city, President Satoru Iwata) will launch "Nintendo 3DS"(temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011, on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses.

"Nintendo 3DS"(temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed "Nintendo DS series", whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.

We are planning to announce additional details at E3 show, which is scheduled to be held from June 15, 2010 at Los Angeles in the U.S.

Another Update: speculation (not confirmation) from Nikkei, courtesy of neo2046:

neo2046 said:
NOT official but nikkei says
- 3D Stick
- vibration pack
- tilt sensor under decision
- wireless connection speed up
- battery life up
- smaller than 4" screen

http://www.nikkei.com/tech/news/arti...E2E2E2E2E2E2E2

MarkusRJR

OMGWTFBBQ?! :eek:
I don't know what it is... but I'm pumped anyway.

EDIT: Holy shit, if that info is true, I think I'll throw a party...
in my pants.

SuomiDude

Haha, nice way to start a day. Just woke up, opened GAF, and what do you know. This news posted just couple of minutes ago! I have my DS Phat, so I guess I can wait for the next DS.

later

Here's a google translation.. (better than nothing)

Dear
For the launch of a new handheld
Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan, Satoru Iwata, president) is a game enjoyed by the naked eye 3D image Suridiesu
"Nintendo 3 DS" (tentative name), and was released in 2011 quarter three.
Suridiesu "Nintendo 3 DS" (tentative name) is a way around the world in 2009 from 12 at the end of our
Ke 2500 consolidated sales rise to 100 million units, "Nintendo DS Series" is a new portable game console and the successor of the Nintendo DS, including Nintendo DSi Shimo Tamotsu cart software compatibility for the series enjoy We.
More details will be found in the 2010 June 15, a video game exhibition will be held in the United States from Rosanzeru Su will be announced at the E3 show.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Dogenzaka

Banned
Wait...what?

Wait....WHAT?

Nintendo is actually AHEAD of the competition in hardware (3D portable WTF) and it's coming out in less than a year?

WHAT?

I need to sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom