• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid - The Naked Sample 3DS [N-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

These are stange fucking days.

- Im buying a handheld (I fucking hate handhelds)
- Im excited for MGS: Rising (despite HATING MGS4)
- Im excited for MGS3D (despite hating MGS3; I think MGS4's level of suck has retroactively made me appreciate MGS3)

Strange days indeed.

duckroll

jett said:
That guy just can't let go of Big Boss / MGS3, can he? :p

Yeah, it seems that way. But after how the Solid Snake part of the story turned out, can you really blame him? :lol

I'm all for it if it means a good game.

Chinner

Banned
Solo said:

- Im excited for MGS3D (despite hating MGS3; I think MGS4's level of suck has retroactively made me appreciate MGS3)

Strange days indeed.
i'm pretty much saying the same thing to omikaru. i mean, mgs3 was alright and all, but my reaction to it right now really makes no sense considering how much i slagged it off :lol

C-Jo

Solo said:

Strange days indeed.
You're a bad person.

Solo

Chinner said:
i'm pretty much saying the same thing to omikaru. i mean, mgs3 was alright and all, but my reaction to it right now really makes no sense considering how much i slagged it off :lol

Pretty much :lol

2004: man, I dont like this new MGS game at all
2010: you know what, MGS3 was pretty awesome. Cant wait to replay it in 3D!

Vamphuntr

duckroll said:
Yeah, it seems that way. But after how the Solid Snake part of the story turned out, can you really blame him? :lol

I'm all for it if it means a good game.

I like the Snake Eater, PO, Peace Walker plot line much more too. It mixes real historical events and facts with fiction. Everything is united uner some conspiracy plot. It's crazy and convoluted but never as much as MGS 4. Also Big Boss is a much better character than Solid Snale now.

Chinner

Banned
Solo said:
Pretty much :lol

2004: man, I dont like this new MGS game at all
2010: you know what, MGS3 was pretty awesome. Cant wait to replay it in 3D!
i'm kind of curious to see what retcons kojima will do though.

Prez

pic_01_ksd.jpg

Having a snake attack me in 3D may make me drop my 3DS :lol

Solo said:
If these screens are legit, then it looks better than the PS2 original.

They seem fairly certain to be legit at this point (at least, they're legitimate realtime but non-gameplay footage), and yes, they do look better than the PS2 original.

C-Jo

When I first saw the screens, I thought they were a distinct step down from MGS3 on PS2. Then I fired it up to double-check...

:lol

Apparently I remember PS2 looking a hell of a lot better than it actually does. To anyone who doesn't think this looks at least as good as PS2, I suggest doing the same.

Solo

The real question for me is: does all the music from MGS3 make it over, or will licensing issues mean a new soundtrack? Because that would suck.

brandonh83 said:
Fair enough, a lot of people do.

This, however, must be dealt with using fire and sheep's blood.

For a long time, it was
MGS1? Fuckawesome
MGS2? Fuckawesome
MGS3? Mediocre (mostly gameplay/menu/systems issues)
For me

Now in retrospect, and after the catastrophic MGS4 (the epic end to the series is
Snake and Big Boss killing a paraplegic? Oh, and the Patriots are your MGS3 support team too, lolz.
Really?), its
MGS1? Fuckawesome
MGS2? Fuckawesome
MGS3? Awesome
MGS4? Worst piece of shit I ever dropped $70 on

C-Jo

Vamphuntr said:
In the demo you tilt the 3DS...
I'm visualizing that and really, really not feeling it. I don't understand the appeal of tilting the screen, however slight, away from your ideal field of vision. Especially considering how the 3D effect relies on your positioning.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Omega Man said:
Poor PSP, not only lost the first place in the graphics department, now PSP has only the second best MGS handheld game
Not really, I'd rather get Peace Walker, rather than another iteration of MGS3. Though, this does look great.

Goron2000

best junior ever
MGS3 is the shit, i think I'm going to have a little cry at how awesome Nintendo are this year.

I'm sure this has been done already but:

"What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and i'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (snake eater)
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way i fly to you (snake eater)
I'm still in a dream, snake eater..."

S1lent

The screens look great, but I hope they add enough extra stuff to make it worthwhile. I've played the PS2 version enough times that if this is basically a straight remake with 3D thrown in then it's not really enough to warrant a purchase for me.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Nintendo's at that point where they can ask anyone to develop for their shit without dropping a huge sum of cash, good to see they're using that

butzopower

proud of his butz
I look forward to the moment where I am playing this and the game forces me to turn the 3D off to actually view a map or something in 2D.

Epcott

butzopower said:
I look forward to the moment where I am playing this and the game forces me to turn the 3D off to actually view a map or something in 2D.

Maybe that's what the touch screen is for?

Also... if you need to tilt the 3DS to change camera angles, won't that distort the 3D effect, since (so I've heard) you must look directly at the screen, and moving to an angle makes the image fuzzy (or distorted). That might be a little jarring.

Edit:
EmCeeGramr said:
No, you used the analog stick.

Ok, that makes more sense

brain_stew said:
Still can't get over Snake's character model, it looks bloody fantastic.

pic_09_dcv.jpg

So good! :D

Check out the Metal Gear Solid 3 thread I started on beyond3d's games section. apparently, there's actually a guy there that think it doesn't look as good as a PS2 game, nor does he know WTF is normal mapping. I thought I was the biggest noob there.

jett

D-Member
brain_stew said:
Still can't get over Snake's character model, it looks bloody fantastic.

pic_09_dcv.jpg

So good! :D

The character model has got to change when the final game is released. He looks way older than Naked Snake in MGS3.

i hope this game is not just a 3d remake of MGS3 even though its my fav MGS game and ill probably still buy it...

when is the konami press conference?

Blader

brandonh83 said:
Fair enough, a lot of people do.

This, however, must be dealt with using fire and sheep's blood.

I don't much like MGS3 myself.

I do love 1, 2, and 4. The main appeal of MGS for me is the crazy, convoluted, mindfuck stories, so 3 was a disappointment for me.

jett

D-Member
nolookjones said:
i hope this game is not just a 3d remake of MGS3 even though its my fav MGS game and ill probably still buy it...

when is the konami press conference?

Is there a Konami presser?

I hope we see proper Rising gameplay, if so.

Solo said:

Strange days indeed.

Same here. I came into E3 excited to see what Sony and MS would do with Move and Natal, and came way underwhelmed and wanting to buy a black Wii and maybe a 3DS (coming from someone who also hates handhelds and hasn't bought one since the NeoGeo Pocket)

jett said:
The character model has got to change when the final game is released. He looks way older than Naked Snake in MGS3.
Honestly, I thought Naked Snake looked a bit too young in MGS3. He was supposed to be in his 40s or something, right? Yet he looked as young as the 10-years-younger Solid Snake.

hamchan

EmCeeGramr said:
Honestly, I thought Naked Snake looked a bit too young in MGS3. He was supposed to be in his 40s or something, right? Yet he looked as young as the 10-years-younger Solid Snake.

I'm pretty sure Naked Snake was lates 20s or early 30s in MGS3.

Anyways I'm gonna buy 3DS and this game day one. Well done Nintendo, well done Kojima.

lachesis

Although I still haven't started playing MGS4... but MGS3 is my favorite MGS series so far. (Asides my nostalgic attachment to original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on MSX). I am so thrilled!

But I'm thinking this is to test the waters on 3DS. Quick port job with some extra contents and new ideas thrown in, just to see how the HW and market fares - rather than creating an entirely new game. For some reason, I am thinking 3DS will be getting a lot of port job from GC and some, possibly using the vast library of previous gens initially. (Sorta like RE4 Wii, I guess)

Nevertheless... I can't wait to get my hands on new 3DS. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom