• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparent JURASSIC WORLD (JP4) pitch/concept/proof footage leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a game, not a movie pitch. Oops.

4FbbDrc.png

KHRJyFw.png

SdfeIO5.png

31ZzK1H.png

"Jurassic World" pitch/concept footage here! (non direct, shaky cam)
Re-upped.

----

So, yesterday Jurassic Park 4 was retitled Jurassic World. That led people to notice a post at Rebelscum from back in July mentioning seeing footage he believed to be JP4 at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2:

At CE2 today Iain Mcaig & Pablo Hidalgo introduced a video teaser clip of what was called "Jurassic World"
I'm not sure what type of dinosaur it was but think it was a pterodactyl?
The clip starts with the pterodactyl landing on a beach hut and crushing it, then launching itself high into the sky, circling and swooping & screeching.
Next the camera pans back to the beach where people are bathing & surfing, the camera zooms in close on a huge wave with a surfer riding the tube, then the pterodactyl comes flying through the wave and flys off with the surfer in its jaws.
Looked amazing!

Then, the video was uploaded onto youtube, and the uploader shared this info:

All I can say is this video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool!

---

Jawmuncher

Hmm guess this is out first peak at what the movie might be offering. Since the names can't be coincidental. Regardless sucks the game was canned. Though i wouldn't be surprised if we still see something closer to the movies release. Probably a digital download game.

Wag

This was game footage? It looked like all CG cutscene. Still it was well done. Would have liked to see the dino chomp down on the surfer dude though.:)

Uh, maybe this isn't a game but in fact a pitch for JP4. lol

Youtube uploader:

"All I can say is this video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool! "

i'm assuming that's Quetzalcoatlus since it's the most well known azdharchid, but the proportions seem funny (neck too short, head too small, maybe?) and the beak seems wrong

there's no hair on it either

edit: also boooo feather mohawks

Demon was this thread really necessary? :) We don't even know what the footage was for yet. It looks too low budget to have anything to do with the new movie like something a student made. Pterandons eating surfer dudes is not my idea of a good JP movie anyway so Im really hoping its something else.

i'm assuming that's Quetzalcoatlus since it's the most well known azdharchid, but the proportions seem funny (neck too short, head too small, maybe?) and the beak seems wrong

there's no hair on it either

edit: also boooo feather mohawks

Its supposed to be the Pteranodons from JP 3 I think

Demon was this thread really necessary? :) We don't even know what the footage was for yet. It looks too low budget to have anything to do with the new movie like something a student made. Pterandons eating surfer dudes is not my idea of a good JP movie anyway so Im really hoping its something else.

Its legit, and has been confirmed by a few sources.

So I guess the pitch of a successful Jurassic Park that actually made it to opening day was abandon.

Nope, that story is still on. This is likely illustrating what happens within the park, or perhaps outside of it once things go to hell.

It's actually a pitch for a cancelled Jurassic Park game or something. Plus, we know it can't be from the new JP movie because the Pterosaur had feather like filaments on its body.

Yeah, looks like the raptor(?) in the end logo has feathers, as well?

I'd imagine the logo was thrown together in a hurry by an outside source, its not going to be indicative of the final designs. Especially since its a pitch trailer that was shown to Kathleen Kennedy who has been off the project due to Star Wars for about a year.

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe this has anything to do with JW (which was going under the name JP IV at the time).

I think this is just a student project that was worked on at Stan Winston Studios. The Jurassic World logo looks nothing like the real logo (which was shown when it was still called JP IV) and JW the name is nothing new it was used as the title of Michael Chricton compilation of the books and several fanfics

BkD3zLW.png

spH4v4U.png

its not a pitch trailer

Its real.

reminds me of those shark films with poor cgi

This wasn't meant for our eyes. This was meant to supplement a script/story pitch to Universal execs, basically its the sugar coating for those who need a little more help when it comes to picturing things. This doesn't represent a scene from the film, nor the designs or the CG..rather just something to set the tone.. the feel. Basically, instead of turning it in with just a story and art, they brought a short segment of the art to life.

Anyways, the script/story has seen heavy rewrites since this pitch.

Yeah, regardless of whether or not this is an actual JP4 pitch trailer, some people here don't understand what pitch/proof-of-concept trailers are supposed to look like (i.e., rough). Half of the Looper pitch/POC trailer were still images from other movies (thought it was on Youtube, guess not).

So they want(ed) Piranha3D with dinosaurs as the tone?

A bunch of early JP4 scripts opened with a Pteranodon attack, this is likely emulating that. This would be before a director was attached, so the effects study handled the trailer. Its not directed by Universal/Colin Trevorrow or anything else. Just a small trailer thrown together by an outside company to help pitch an idea.. and idea that wasn't fully embraced and has seen heavy rewrites, yet still shares the same name.

The thing that still makes me think this is bogus is that they didn't even come up with the Jurassic World title until very recently after the movie was put on hold. Prior to that it was officialy called JP 4.

The thing that still makes me think this is bogus is that they didn't even come up with the Jurassic World title until very recently after the movie was put on hold. Prior to that it was officialy called JP 4.

This name has been around for a while now, it was only made public recently. Its been on record for ages that the final name wouldn't be "Jurassic Park 4", but rather have a standalone sounding name. Its also very possible that while "Jurassic World" has been the leading name for a while they hadn't fully decided on what to call it.

G-Fex

Does this mean that SyFy bases itself primarily on concept videos that never make it into movies?

THATS GOLD

Cartman86

Banned
Man I can't imagine being the people who are making this movie seeing people think this is somehow indicative of anything beyond the idea. People love being able to see things early, but they can't manage to understand context, or apparently read.

Anyways I would have preferred a new park instead of the end of the Lost World across the planet. Who knows if this concept is accurate to the current project though. Probably is.

antonz

The animation looks horrible, way too cartoony. Do not want.

It was a concept pitch not actual movie.

That said based on what's been said of Jurassic Park 4 the concept the pitch was going for is apparently no longer valid unless they ditched the new park thing and went back to a world getting used to dinosaurs around thing

Busty

Banned
I fail to see how this pitches anything at all. Flying Dinosaur swoops down and carries off a surfer? How exactly is this a pitch for a movie?! A weird pseudo sequel to Sharknado? It suggests nothing about a new take on the property unless the take is the continuation of the epic struggle between winged dinosaur and surfer.

Seems to me that it's more a VFX reel that doubles as a 'this could be a thing' pitch that just happens to share the title that Universal choose for their new JP production.

If this is genuinely something Universal were looking at it doesn't fill me with confidence for the actual film..., not that the total clusterfuck of a production it originally was going to be before the studio delayed it inspired much confidence either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom