• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2007 - Virtual Console Edition

With the new gifting feature finally available in the Wii Shop Channel today, it's time to kick off the first round of GAF Secret Santa on the Wii. If you're interested in participating, please post here or PM me with...

Your 16-digit Wii Friend Code
Your Country
What amount of Wii Points you pledge to spend on your gift recipient

*YOU MAY BE EXCLUDED FOR NOT INCLUDING ALL THIS INFO*

Everyone with alike point values will be put in the same pool. That way we don't get people giving a 1000-point N64 game and getting a 500-point NES game, or vice-versa.

Once the Secret Santas and recipients have been selected, you'll be sent a PM with the Wii Friend code for each. Enter both into your Friend List, labeling one Secret Santa and the other Recipient, Tiny Tim, or something like that so you don't get the two confused. Then proceed to send a VC game of your choice to the recipient selected for you.

Do note: we're assuming you own a Classic Controller and/or GC controller.

Sound good?

The deadline for signing up will be Thursday, December 20th at 9 PM Eastern. Gifts are to be sent no later than midnight Eastern on the night of Christmas Eve.

Country: United States (dear Nintendo: you guys kind of suck sometimes)
Pool: GEN/SNES (800)
FC: Reggie doesn't want me to give it to you

Cleaned up my post a bit.

7936-2039-7527-4438
USA
GEN/SNES(800)

I have a Classic Controller

I already have Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Punch-Out, LTTP, Super Mario Bros, Toejam and Earl, Zelda I, and Contra 3.

EDIT: I have my information on the last page. I didn't think I would be able to edit this post still.

maxmars

nick: Maxmars
qty: up to 1200 points
Region: EU.
wii friend code: CALL-EDNA-3444

EDIT: I do have a Classic Controller.
EDIT2: Country: Italy.

TheKingsCrown said:
When is the cutoff?

When would be reasonable? Since there's no shipping involved, we could go right up to almost Christmas Eve if so desired.

angelfly said:
As for the secret part wouldn't this thread just serve as a look up for the friend codes?

Just don't look? ;)

This is import to all those on my friend's list. Update my Wii #. Nintendo sent me a replacement console after the pixel/GPU issue and will need those with my profile to update the number. The new number is 7463 3938 0908 0102

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cheesemeister said:
Everyone with alike point values will be put in the same pool. That way we don't get people giving a 1000-point N64 game and getting a 500-point NES game, or vice-versa.

I'm willing to spend 1000 points, but I already have all of the N64 games that I want and I don't care if I get Urban Champion in return. What do you recommend I do?

robot

I'm in - I'll update this post with my friends code tonight:

robot
wii code: 8446 3743 8419 3502
region:USA
pool: 800 points (or higher)

Yazan

nick: Yazan
qty: 800 - 1200 points
Region: US.
wii friend code: 5343 1330 3951 7460

Stumpokapow said:
I'm willing to spend 1000 points, but I already have all of the N64 games that I want and I don't care if I get Urban Champion in return. What do you recommend I do?

Perhaps join the 800-point pool.

Kintaco said:
I'm In, put me in the 800 pt category. I only have Super Mario World, so anything would be nice.

I'm at work right now so I'll add my FC when I get home.

Don't forget to list your region.

doogles said:
This is a great idea, Cheesemeister, btw.

Can't say I can claim credit for it. The idea has been bounced around in the VC thread for a while.

MisterHero

I don't know if I'll participate, though people should probably say whether or not they have a Classic Controller and/or GC pad.

Aladuf

Banned
Count me in!!

nick: Aladuf23
qty: 1000 points
Region: NA/ United States
wii friend code: 6937 3830 2389 4155

This is an awesome idea and a great way to spread some holiday cheer.

Points range: 800 points, but I'm willing to go up to 1000
Region: NA
Friend Code: 8719 0573 2791 8956

You stole my Idea!!!!! Dammit!!!
some guy was meant to be making a banner??

I was gonna buy some dude 4 games, but now you done this, i'll go with one game at any value
Region EU

FC 7711 8707 1984 4266

I'm in. Should be fun!

Wii Friend Code: 1398 5016 2887 4394
Region: NA/Canada
Amount of Wii Points you pledge to spend on your gift recipient: 800 points

Cheesemeister said:
When would be reasonable? Since there's no shipping involved, we could go right up to almost Christmas Eve if so desired.

Just don't look? ;)
You will have some processing time required though, no? And you will have to hand out assignments too

Not appropriate, but i'm looking to buy a new wii, My problem is that I had traded my first one in a while back. is it possible that I will be able to get all of my vc library back???? please say so because thats a instant buy ten-fold.

TheKingsCrown said:
You will have some processing time required though, no? And you will have to hand out assignments too
Yeah, I'd say December 20th would be a good cutoff date and we can send the gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cheesemeister said:
It shouldn't take me much time at all.

Excel sheet; five columns... Name, Friends Code, Region, Point Class, RAND(). Sort by Region, then by Point Class, then by RAND(). If a point class has an uneven number, break brackets. Number 1 is secret santa for Number 2. Number 2 is secret santa for Number 3. Repeat. Last guy is secret santa for first guy in a given point class/region combo.

The tough part is PMing everyone with the info, depending on who has filled PM boxes, etc.

FirewalkR

Cheesemeister said:
It shouldn't take me much time at all.

I honestly believe this thread is one of the best ideas ever. Kudos to you oh Meister o' Cheese!

Will check my friend code when I'm home.

sk3tch

*deleted to protect my secret santa identity* :)
Region NA (USA)
800 - 1100 points

Could we put the 800 and 900 point pools as the same? I know that I, for one, would not mind spending $1 more than my gift recipient...because the 900 point pool would be so small. A lot more fun and variety if the 800 point pool would also be included. Heck, I'd even join up with the 1000 point pool. $2 isn't a big deal and it is worth it to have the largest range of games and biggest surprise (plus, I already have quite a few VC games). :)

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
n209501964_30799318_236.jpg

Jiggy

So, assuming I said "1000 Points" or "1200 Points," would the first have to be an N64 game and the second Sin and Punishment, or could they be respectively two NES games and two TG16 games?

Actually, how high are we allowed to go in the first place?

I'm assuming Juniors are allowed to participate?

Wii Friend Code: 8628-8965-3563-3551
Region: NA (United States)
Pool: 800 (or 500 if needed, either is fine with me)

I'll be out of town and Wii-less from the 21th to the 29th or so, which means if the PM with my Secret Santa isn't sent out before then; I noticed the deadline is the 20th, so that's cutting it close. Let me know if that's a problem or not.

I'll be sending out PMs on the evening of the 20th, so you can send your gift as soon as you get your recipient confirmed on your Friends List.

If you're feeling generous, you may send a gift slightly above the pledge value of your pool. Just realize that neither your Secret Santa nor your recipient will be obligated to give beyond the pool amount.

Sylar

Banned
I like the idea, but I think choosing what point range we're in is going to make our gifts predicatable. You should've set it so that everyone has to spend 1000. And we can distribute it how we want.

But i'll be in. I'll update my FC later
NA

sk3tch

Cheesemeister said:
I'll be sending out PMs on the evening of the 20th, so you can send your gift as soon as you get your recipient confirmed on your Friends List.

If you're feeling generous, you may send a gift slightly above the pledge value of your pool. Just realize that neither your Secret Santa nor your recipient will be obligated to give beyond the pool amount.

In that case I'll go with the 800 point pool. If I do the 900 or 1000 point pools there are very few options in comparison. I'll update my post, thanks.

Your 16-digit Wii Friend Code 0902 2820 4549 2772
Region (NA/EU/AU/JP) NA
What amount of Wii Points you pledge to spend on your gift recipient 1000

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Friend Code: 5139 7887 1892 9123
Region: EU - Finland
Pledge: 800 (Don't mind if I get something that costs less, though)

Top Bottom