• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze's Syndicate - New Info And Screenshots Leaked

A member at a swedish forum has dug up some new info about the new Starbreeze Syndicate game, which will probably be revealed next week. The game description was put up early on the EA Origin store together with some screenshots.

Syndicate is the re-imagination of a cult classic franchise from 1993 - a unique action shooter set in a not too distant future, where Business is War.

2069 – No longer governed by politicians, the developed world is divided up into regions controlled by megacorporations known as Syndicates. These Syndicates have revolutionized how the consumer interacts with the digital world. No longer does the consumer require a device to access the world¡¦s data and control their technology, they can do this at the blink of an eye via neural chip implant. Civilians flocked to be ¡§chip¡¦d¡¨ and enjoy all that their selected Syndicate has to offer; housing, medical, banking, insurance, education, entertainment and jobs. One complete package. One complete lifestyle. In return, the Syndicates gained unprecedented insights, and control, over the individual and their behaviour. With little governmental oversight, business has become war. The Syndicates will stop at nothing for ultimate market dominance. At the front line of this war are the Agents, the Syndicate¡¦s bio-engineered and chip-augmented enforcers. They can breach anything in the wired world including their enemies, their weapons and the environment that surrounds them, making them the most efficient and deadly technological weapons in the world.

Take on the role of Miles Kilo, Eurocorp¡¦s latest prototype agent, and embark on a brutal action adventure of corruption and revenge.

• Chip Enhanced Gameplay: Slow down time, see through walls, and breach your enemy and everything digital in the world with Dart vision – A neural DART6 chip implant that allows you to interface directly with the Dataverse.

• 4-Player Online Co-op: Assemble your Syndicate for global domination. A 4-player, online co-op experience like no other, with chip enhanced gameplay and 9 missions re-imagined from the original Syndicate.

• Visceral FPS Experience: Utilize an upgradable arsenal of futuristic weapons, armor and gear to annihilate your enemies and harvest their chip technology for personal advancement and sinister corporate greed.

• Sci-Fi Fiction: Immerse yourself in the world of Syndicate 2069, with a world-class sci-fi story experience, written by bestselling author Richard Morgan.

vyqxY.jpg

0Ip0V.jpg

RieGn.jpg

*edit* added these also

heCvh.jpg

uaS6e.jpg

w0YhB.jpg

j13jD.jpg

It is rumored that the game will be revealed in the next issue of the Swedish Gamereactor magazine which will arrive next week.

TDlcX.jpg

Glass Rebel

Syndicate is the re-imagination of a cult classic franchise from 1993 - a unique action shooter set in a not too distant future, where Business is War...

Take on the role of Miles Kilo, Eurocorp¡¦s latest prototype agent, and embark on a brutal action adventure of corruption and revenge.

• Chip Enhanced Gameplay: Slow down time, see through walls, and breach your enemy and everything digital in the world with Dart vision – A neural DART6 chip implant that allows you to interface directly with the Dataverse.

• 4-Player Online Co-op: Assemble your Syndicate for global domination. A 4-player, online co-op experience like no other, with chip enhanced gameplay and 9 missions re-imagined from the original Syndicate.

• Visceral FPS Experience: Utilize an upgradable arsenal of futuristic weapons, armor and gear to annihilate your enemies and harvest their chip technology for personal advancement and sinister corporate greed.

• Sci-Fi Fiction: Immerse yourself in the world of Syndicate 2069, with a world-class sci-fi story experience, written by bestselling author Richard Morgan.

Sounds like a mess.

Take on the role of Miles Kilo, Eurocorp¡¦s latest prototype agent

I always preferred the fact that my team of agents were identityless, with no personality or goal other than what I programmed them to do. If I remember rightly, wasn't the intro FMV an innocent person being abducted, lobotomised, mutilated and augmented to become a trenchcoat wearing pawn in the pointless war between faceless coroprate entities? The grimdark was amazing.

I'd really hate if this becomes a one-man dudebro shooter.

inky

LOL Visceral...

Don't take me wrong, it could be a g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ passable game, but every fucking game is "visceral" nowadays.

Mama Robotnik said:
I always preferred the fact that my team of agents were identityless, with no personality or goal other than what I told them to do. If I remember rightly, wasn't the intro FMV an innocent person being abducted, lobotomised, mutilated and augmented to become a trenchcoat wearing pawn in the pointless war between faceless coroprate entities? The grimdark was amazing.

I'd really hate if this becomes a one-man dudebro shooter.

Yep, the intro FMV shows that the "Agents" are people abducted and turned into mindless slaves. You can tell from the PR Blurb on this about "revenge" etc that you're going to turn into some heroic liberator of the people.... which is NOT what syndicate is about....

Syndicate is about being an asshole and changing nothing...

well, atleast they now have Deus Ex 3 as a benchmark. I hope they still keep the open ended level design even if it is an FPS.

Mama Robotnik said:
I always preferred the fact that my team of agents were identityless, with no personality or goal other than what I programmed them to do.

This is the only part that bothers me so far. Why can't i build a team? :(

CecilRousso said:
Oh how I wish that they wouldn´t call it Syndicate.
I played the shit out of the original on the Amiga and am more then happy to see the world and style be shown in a new genre.

This game will be good.

Derrick01 said:
Syndicate. A shooter and with co-op.

What have they done....

well it could have only been an FPS or a 3rd Person Shooter :p Nothing else sells these days!

and having a co-op mode makes sense if they are still using the Syndicate 4 man team mechanic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So Nirolak taught me that Starbreeze is actually like not even close to the same company it was a few years ago.

That was a surprise.

Acosta

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

8606S.gif

Acosta

FUCK YOU!

kafiend

There are some things you don't do and sitting at the top of the list is is don't re-imagine Syndicate as a FPS. In fact

Derrick01

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Riddick and The Darkness were great. I will buy this as well.

But

Y2Kev said:
So Nirolak taught me that Starbreeze is actually like not even close to the same company it was a few years ago.

And no matter how "good" this ends up, it won't be Syndicate.

Nihilistic Monk said:
Yep, the intro FMV shows that the "Agents" are people abducted and turned into mindless slaves. You can tell from the PR Blurb on this about "revenge" etc that you're going to turn into some heroic liberator of the people.... which is NOT what syndicate is about....

Syndicate is about being an asshole and changing nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2W_Ap7m2k

Memories... Heck, I'm gonna link to the Syndicate Wars intro too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGvIrf86g4Y

When I was a kid the "utopia vision" scared the shit out of me. The screenshots above look like generic dudebro shooter #712 and the idea of playing one man with a personality is not Syndicate.

Acosta

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
I played the shit out of the original on the Amiga and am more then happy to see the world and style be shown in a new genre.

This game will be good.

Call it other thing.

I don't give a flying shit how good game this is.

Instro

Probably gonna suck, but at least those tiny screens seem visually appealing. I really don't understand the point to making a fps sequel to this series. The only people who remember it are old school fans who don't want it to be an fps anyway, so why not just make a new IP?

Mechazawa

Y2Kev said:

That was a surprise.

There's a great article about it on 1up.

Focuses on how they went from a more technologically focused team(they had a very Carmack-esque figurehead at the company) to what they are today. Also shows off how fucking crazy the development of Riddick was, despite the quality of that game.

And yeah, this is basically a brand new studio. But there's also some key personnel who have been around for a while and simply moved up the ladder.

The main problem with this game is that publishers, developers and some people on forums should realize that not everyone likes to play every game as an FPS. The idea that FPS games is some sort of standard of action oriented games is one the reasons that I buy so few AAA titles.

I guess that it must be nice to find that you own a nice memorable game name like Syndicate and don't need to go through the trouble of finding and registering a new name. Who is the real evil global syndicate eh? Ponder on that mind blowingly profound thought.

Who didn't see this coming out as an FPS. What's with all the internet rage. Would I like to see it like the original? Yes, but I got over it.

Now X-com is a different story, why did they have to make that a FPS? :)

JJD

Y2Kev said:

That was a surprise.

Please elaborate!

Edit: Just saw the 1up link!

Top Bottom