• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

This doesn't look anything like Begins. Or TDK either. The flying machine really puts me off for some reason.

I've been telling you people for months, TDKR is not Begins 3 or TDK 2.

This is why I keep saying TDKR will create a 3rd faction :)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You need to dream a little bigger darling.

All his trailers has it, well most of them.

Even Nolan doesn't have the power to make a blockbuster movie without some levity, and trailers will always feature it. They have to let people know that it won't just be a bleak action movie. That's just part of the game when you're working with 9 figure budgets.

I think they do a fairly decent job of it really.

I liked everything about it except for the cat woman parts

It clearly doesn't have the same effect as TDK trailer did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GROmJWb-3wU

Can't beat that

I thought she looked a lot better than anything else we've seen. Granted it's the first time we had a real glimpse of what she will look like in the movie. The goggles and mask looked a lot better than in any of the pictures out there.

Special effects on the football field also looked a lot better, granted we only saw it for a split second. Bane looked like a fucking beast.

Strike

tumblr_m04r1gVpEE1qf7kk0o2_400.gif

Even Nolan doesn't have the power to make a blockbuster movie without some levity, and trailers will always feature it. They have to let people know that it won't just be a bleak action movie. That's just part of the game when you're working with 9 figure budgets.

I think they do a fairly decent job of it really.
Pretty much. And I really liked it, it's the same tone as "I don't wear hockey pants", "nice coat", etc.

Nice Bane voice.

Decent trailer, didn't do much for me though.

Not that I really need a trailer to know I'll be seeing this movie.

no, I felt the same way about this trailer.

Agreed. Wasn't that exciting except for some interesting dialogue from Bane. It also made me feel like Batman is their god which is strange.

effzee

100 times better than old trailer simply because this one has actual dialog and the music fits perfectly.

Love the lines/dialogue between Cats and Bats

"you don't owe these people anything you've given them everything you have"

"no, not yet"

!!!

I thought she looked a lot better than anything else we've seen. Granted it's the first time we had a real glimpse of what she will look like in the movie. The goggles and mask looked a lot better than in any of the pictures out there.

Special effects on the football field also looked a lot better, granted we only saw it for a split second. Bane looked like a fucking beast.

I am sure Nolan will pull it off fine. I just feel like the "this isn't a car" won't be the only cheesy Batman - Catwoman dialogue sequence of the movie and I hope the addition doesn't take away from the darkness that has defined the movies till date.

I feel sad I have no clue who Bane is...didn't he fuck up Bruce one time and break him?

Okay what are the essential Batman comics I need to read?

I have no idea who Bane is or what his goals are from the trailers till now either. At least with TDK trailers, I knew what kind of a character Joker is.

TDK also had best teaser of the series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRCwnLrrxyQ

Weenerz

Banned
fAju1.jpg

I'm.....I'm so happy. I'm glad to have seen this trailer now instead of at the theaters for the first time, my emotions are too bright and happy to be seen in public. There was not one bad thing about the trailer and anyone who says otherwise is a communist and a terrorist.

Trailer's aiight. I like the overall plot they're going for here. Batman gets his ass beat and gets kidnapped, escapes and redeems himself etc.

but...the media released so far for this film does not have me as excited as it should. TDK's stuff had me mega-hyped in comparison.

Movie should be pretty good though for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom