• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ff1.jpg

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/

image13.png

The Future.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/

Release date:December 17, 2009(Japan).
Price: ¥8,800 (¥9240 w/ tax)
Demo on April 16, 2009.

Pre-order: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-5-49-en-15-final+fantasy+xiii-70-3k25.html

or

http://www.shopncsx.com/finalfantasyxiii-japan.aspx

March 9, 2010(US/Europe)

Demo thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358538

Trailers:
E3 2008
Dengeki Cloud DVD
E3 2006
DSK3713
E3 2009 - English
E3 2009 - Japanese
Jump Festa Extended
Tokyo Game Show 2009 - Japanese
Tokyo Game Show 2009 - English

Screenshots

High Resolution Image Directory

image20.png

The Present.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/

Release date: TBA.

Trailers:
Dengeki Cloud DVD
Teaser
DKS3713
Advent Children Complete

Screenshots

image27.png

The Past.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/agito13/

Release date: TBA.

Trailers:
Advent Children Complete

Screenshots

News.jpg

Old News 12/13/2008 - 9/8/2009

9/8/2009
JP site updated.
Price is 8800 yen, 9240 yen with tax.
The Sanctum added to characters.

Final Fantasy XIII Premiere Party
New trailer and demo shown - will be at TGS.
Serah and new character - lady with dark hair - shown in the trailer.
There is plans for a PS3 hardware bundle.
Sayuri Sugawara preforming the theme song - Kimi ga Iru Kara.
Kitase hoping for the localized version to be out within 6-8 months.

Theme song performance

New Demo Gameplay Clips

9/24/2009
250GB PlayStation 3 Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Edition Announced
41,600 yen. Release on December 17.
tgs2_09.jpg

Pre-orders for importers opening by Monday.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Agito XIII were in fact at TGS, but shown privately for those completing the FFXIII/KHBbS demos.
Impressions HERE

Interview with Toriyama and Nomura

Final Fantasy XIII TGS trailer won't be live for a few more days.

9/28/2009
Tokyo Game Show 2009 trailer live.
1080p version on Japanese PSN.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Nomura Interview

10/14/2009
Oerba Yun Fang revealed. She is the sixth party member who wields a spear. Her summon is Bahamut... driving mode is a flying dragon.

10/20/2009
Toriyama and Nomura Famitsu Interview on FFXIII, Versus XIII and Agito XIII.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037157p1.html
There is no mandatory HDD install.
Save files are 500KB, trophy data is 3080KB.
No load times except from town to field transitions.

10/22/2009
5 disc OST announced for 1/27/2010 release:
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-10178

11/13/2009
North American and European release dates announced.
March 9, 2010.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/13/final-fantasy-xiii-the-time-has-come/

duckroll

The Rules

This is a thread to discuss Final Fantasy XIII due out on the Playstation 3 in Japan on Dec 17th 2009, and on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 in US and Europe in Spring 2010.

- Do not attempt to start a console war mudslinging session here, you will be banned.

- Do not go wildly off topic about other Final Fantasy games or randomly weird topics, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to a discussion about FFXIII, don't post in the thread.

- Do not post scans to videogame magazines, and do not post links to articles which carry said scans. I don't want to have to ban you for something as silly as this.

- Do not make fun of Australian accents, it's not their fault, they already pay twice the price for games which might or might not even come out in their region. :(

- Amir0x is no longer welcome in this thread because duckroll is in a bad mood.

duckroll

Okay, we're back in business. Hopefully Kagari will find the time later to update the OP with the most current information we have. Meanwhile please stay on topic, we SHOULD have quite a bit of actual FFXIII stuff to discuss later today, considering how Famitsu has 21 pages of shit.

I think I'll start it off bit bitching once again at how Bahamut in FFXIII looks fucking weaksauce. Dude isn't even as big as the King Behemoth in the latest trailer! WTF?! :/

Dra-Q

Banned
Damn Kagari, your monthly pay-check by Square-Enix must be massive. But great thread and can't wait for the first previews of the final version.

Ok, lets do this, for Kagari!

Seeing as the Famitsu leak will be tonight, anyone have any ideas, speculation on what might be in it? I can't imagine there will be anything too huge, I mean, the game is out in about two months time and with Jump coming up...You going on a blackout Kagari?

duckroll

Dra-Q said:
Damn Kagari, your monthly pay-check by Square-Enix must be massive. But great thread and can't wait for the first previews of the final version.

If it wasn't immediately obvious, I just moved the original post from the previous thread which ended in a clusterfuck. She spent exactly 0 minutes and 0 seconds making this "new" thread. :p

Dra-Q

Banned
duckroll said:
If it wasn't immediately obvious, I just moved the original post from the previous thread which ended in a clusterfuck. She spent exactly 0 minutes and 0 seconds making this "new" thread. :p

Ok, my fault. But she is still a Square-Enix nerd :p

Pein

Banned
duckroll said:
well damn, I didn't even realize that

duckroll

TheChillyAcademic said:

Seeing as the Famitsu leak will be tonight, anyone have any ideas, speculation on what might be in it? I can't imagine there will be anything too huge, I mean, the game is out in about two months time and with Jump coming up...You going on a blackout Kagari?

It'll be the same things we already sorta kinda saw in Jump and V Jump this week.

- Sazh's summon will be revealed as Brunhilde.
- They'll reveal Oerba Yun Fang as the final playable character.
- She uses a spear, and there should be tons of screenshots with her in it, both story events and battles.
- Her summon is revealed as Bahamut.
- Bahamut stands on his hind legs and has mini-wings on his shoulder ala Jehuty in ZoE.
- Bahamut transforms into a flying dragon for his Driving/Gestalt Mode.
- Not sure if Fang rides him on his back, it's possible.
- More screenshots showing off the cities inside Cocoon should be shown.

duckroll said:
I think I'll start it off bit bitching once again at how Bahamut in FFXIII looks fucking weaksauce. Dude isn't even as big as the King Behemoth in the latest trailer! WTF?! :/

His aesthetic is so similar to FFX's Bahamut its almost scary. I'm still anxious to see what its transformation mode is (you and I have argued about that enough) seeing as Bahamut is quite a prolific figure in the series.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheChillyAcademic said:

For now, no. We really still have only seen a very small part of the game I believe.

duckroll

speedpop said:
Has it been confirmed yet whether there will be additional voice audio choices?

It has been confirmed that unless a miracle happens every region will only have a single voice track. Lip syncing has advanced quite a bit from PS2 days, so it makes more sense this way. It's probably the same reason why MGS4 didn't have multiple voice tracks.

Before I decide to start following this thread...

I've kinda been on an FFXIII media blackout. Have there been any announcements that will ruin my fun? I'd like to see more news about the game, but I'm a little paranoid that plot aspects will get ruined. Thus far it seems like they haven't really spoken much about the plot.

I'll probably keep following the thread, I just hope I don't get much spoiled.

duckroll

badcrumble said:
If it's 21 pages I wonder if there's a chance of finally detailing the character/skill growth system.

Man, you just reminded me that they actually showed off the Command Board in KH BbS, before they have revealed anything about FFXIII's growth system. >_<

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
2v9pwt4.jpg

Dat special edition...

Looking forward more info about Agito and FFXIII (Although, the latest trailer bored me a lot...)

duckroll said:
Man, you just reminded me that they actually showed off the Command Board in KH BbS, before they have revealed anything about FFXIII's growth system. >_<
Sheesh, good point.

Taking this as permission to talk freely about Kingdom Hearts!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I kind of want this for Christmas, but I think living in Euro-land might pose a problem :p. Getting someone to import it for me and all that shouldn't be too hard, but if worst comes to worst there'll always be ebay. I probably won't be able to get it before New Years though...

Ricker

There should be subtitles in a lot of languages though,hopefully...? (i'm talking about the N.A.,EURO release)

Firestorm

Ew, that better not be the box art. This will be my first Final Fantasy :) I always seemed to own the wrong console for FF as a kid (Genesis, N64, GCN).

Lucis

pre ordered on play asia with the fastest shipping option! (probably will get it in 2 days after release)
sleepless nights will ensure (unless it sux)

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, I'm curious how this "Sphere Grid type system" will work.
We have seen screenshots in which they're wielding different weapons than the 'official art' ones, so there'll be at least some amount of equipment switching (I was only wondering because of Lightning's transforming weapon, which seemed unique enough to me that I thought she might just have the one weapon for the whole game). I'm curious to see whether it'll be like the Sphere Grid in that the weapons are mainly there for abilities and stats are 100% character based or whether equipment will have its own stats as in every single other FF game.

We still need to find out if the whole gravity-control system is still a part of the game at all, seeing as it's still in the cutscenes (anyone want to remind me what it's called?).

Firestorm said:
Ew, that better not be the box art. This will be my first Final Fantasy :) I always seemed to own the wrong console for FF as a kid (Genesis, N64, GCN).

It has great artwork. Follows along with the last 4 as far as the logo goes

What's the verdict on English subs? Y/N
I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan but have been on a almost complete blackout until I finally gave in today.

Dra-Q

Banned
Well, I'm pretty hyped for FFXIII. We got a lot of J-RPGs this gen, but I feel it just get'n started with FFXIII.

Sakaguchi should be crying himself into sleep these days lol

Noogy

I'm craving a new proper Final Fantasy so badly that the wait is killing me. Thanks for reviving the thread in a more appropriate manner!

Shins

Banned
Why bother to close the other thread only to try this failed experiment yet again? You have too much time on your hands, mod.

Most anticipated game of the Spring for me btw :)

Woot, back in business. Thanks Duckroll.

Kagari said:
For now, no. We really still have only seen a very small part of the game I believe.

My thoughts exactly. We've only seen two parts of Pulse, which is much larger than Cocoon.

DOBERMAN INC said:
What's the verdict on English subs? Y/N

No, but the english voices are decent anyway.

Duckroll, can you add "no eng subs" somewhere to the thread title?

rataven said:
Awesome, it's back! Looking forward to the leak tonight :D

This thread isn't just XIII, right? Compilation too?

If is has the numeral XIII in it, then it should be on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom