• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy star online 2: 500.000 players on vita

Soup Bar

Is it online only? If it isn't that number is huge. I'm still waiting for the NA release on PC Sega... Early 2013 my ass.

Sakujou

Banned
500k? Didn't know that there are that many people out there who bought a vita and also the game??? Those are japan numbers only, right?

duality1123

Neo Member
Half a million, eh?

I don't know if that's good or bad, to be honest. How many are playing it on PC?

Well considering that the Vita is only a little over 3 million last i heard... I'd say that its pretty good though i guess it could also be that there's so little that you can ONLY play on Vita that it, like soul sacrifice, Gravity rush and persona have become the core titles that most build their Vita library around.

Of course thats only my opinion on the matter

Edit: And apparently i forgot that it hadn't been released outside of Japan; so that's nearly a 1 in 3 attach rate in Japan for the vita.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Are we talking overall downloads or active user base? Either way, it's a healthy number.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Sega were probably planning on using the profits from Aliens CM to help localize PSO2.

;)

Daedardus

Considering it is free, many probably have tried it out for a bit. Not sure how many of those 500,000 play regularly.

KeRaSh

500K and I'm one of them. It workd really well on the Vita as a companion version for the PC when I'm in bed and just want to do a few runs.
Unfortionately I lost the "spark" after finally unlocking Fighter.
Being able to buy rare weapons for a few K Meseta from player shops killed it for me.
Now I just want an HD port of PSO Ep1&2 for my Vita...

Hey people, don't count on the game coming to NA or EU any time soon, if ever. Use the translation patch and play with us on the Japanese servers instead, there's really very little that you won't be able to understand.

Tsunamo

So glad I imported the packaged version, it's great fun playing PSO2 on a portable.

Hopefully the Vita version will come over when PSO2 hits the West (whenever that happens)

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish they'd come out with an English version. Usually Asian releases have English right? If the Asian one has any English I'll probably consider importing the boxed copy premium version.

Edit: I forgot about the AsiaSoft presser confirming English. The only problem is they neglected to confirm the Vita version, so I'm assuming that means no.

Localize this shit SOA, PSP2 is great but damn I want to play the HD Version already. It's about to be the PSO situation all over again smh.

Apenheul

Regardless of how many units were really sold, this should build a healthy Phantasy Star user-base on Vita for future games to tap into.

Fularu

Banned
500k? Sounds like 500k downloads because that's almost half the Vita userbase, I somehow doubt that many people are actually playing the game.

JWong

Banned
It doesn't matter if it's F2P.

I know people who spent $200 on the game, and they don't even live in Japan.

GulAtiCa

Now release it in North America. I'm interested in playing it (though I head that it's slightly gimped compared to the PC version)

Top Bottom