• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

Accoun

Didn't knew someone's gonna do an off-topic community thread since the gaming side threads weren't that popular, but I'm OK with it.

Also: Chihaya best, mobile idols suck.
Maybe Kaede and Anastasia are OK, but that's all.

Yay! Im@s thread.

I can't wait for the upcoming cinderella girls anime and the painful wait for the ps4 game :(..

I am surprised they didn't add more CG girls as DLC in one for all
really wanted to have rin as DLC... haha :(

icecream

Public Health Threat
All the Cinderella Girls are shit and boring IMO.
They do have personalities, it's off the dramas and the comics and the mobage events.

Here's to hoping the anime exposes the wonderfulness of the CG girls to everyone!

Hugstable

Banned
Haruka is the best

Miki sucks

everyone else is aight

AcTXowo.png

:p

ohlawd

okay, fine

Goddess tier
Haruka

top aight tier
Takane
Iori
Kotori
Mami
Chihaya

middle aight tier
Azusa
Ritsuko
Makoto

bottom aight tier
Hibiki
Yayoi
Yukiho
Ami

lolMiki tier
Miki

I split the twins cuz Mami is just plain cuter than Ami.

ohlawd

Hibiki and Yukiho in bottom tier? Is this just going off of the anime?

I played that one PSP game. it had Yayoi, Haruka and Makoto

so to answer your question, yep. I'm off base and Miki might actually be the best girl in existence and I wouldn't have the faintest idea.

m0t0k1

Yay! Im@s thread.

I can't wait for the upcoming cinderella girls anime and the painful wait for the ps4 game :(..

I am surprised they didn't add more CG girls as DLC in one for all
really wanted to have rin as DLC... haha :(

I think they work in a promotional kind of way. Since the movie released on DVD they decided to turn out a lot of million live girls guess its kinda to promote the movie a bit. Once the Cinderella anime releases I expect a lot of CG girls as dlc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yo what's with the miki hate?
Just watch the anime. Everything will be clear after that.

So, to start the inevitable toy talk, anyone else been picking up the iM@S Cupoches? Hibiki is out next month...
I was once tempted to pick up the Yukiho one to go with my Haruka but I decided I should be a bit picky with figurines so I don't become overrun by them. So yeah, I may just stick to the one idol when it comes to iM@S figs unless there's a nice way to get them all in one go that isn't the petite nendos because I'm not really a fan of their mould (Haruka doesn't really look like her).

Sad that the Haruka Cupoche movie edition is an event exclusive, but since I've decided that each fig should at least have a unique outfit, getting it would break that rule since I already have the scale prize fig of her,

m0t0k1

Just watch the anime. Everything will be clear after that.

I was once tempted to pick up the Yukiho one to go with my Haruka but I decided I should be a bit picky with figurines so I don't become overrun by them. So yeah, I may just stick to the one idol when it comes to iM@S figs unless there's a nice way to get them all in one go that isn't the petite nendos because I'm not really a fan of their mould (Haruka doesn't really look like her).

Sad that the Haruka Cupoche movie edition is an event exclusive, but since I've decided that each fig should at least have a unique outfit, getting it would break that rule since I already have the scale prize fig of her,

Yeah I was wondering where you bought that scale prize fig of her those figs are pretty rare to find. Just ordered the miki version of that but if its cheap might as we'll order a haruka too. Also not a big fan of the cu poche for some reason the faces look kinda off. And heard people having problems with the magnets in the feet.

DiGiKerot

Yeah I was wondering where you bought that scale prize fig of her those figs are pretty rare to find. Just ordered the miki version of that but if its cheap might as we'll order a haruka too. Also not a big fan of the cu poche for some reason the faces look kinda off. And heard people having problems with the magnets in the feet.

Yeah, I have loose magnets in one foot of my Miki (another reason why she isn't best idol) and my Railgun. Probably nothing a small drop of superglue wouldn't fix if it ever became a problem.

Also, I could probably have done without knowing about that Wonfes–exclusive Haruka. Oh, well, I am not going to go to the effort of tracking one down at a huge markup later...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well you could have just asked, Got her off Mandarake myself when she was pretty new so they had a decent amount of stock.

Though HLJ did also have it so I had them as a back up. And yes, they spelt her name wrong. Well done lads.

My Cupoche Haruka is still standing fine with just the magnets (they do come with traditional support sticks as well). Maybe I was lucky with the pose.

DiGiKerot

Well you could have just asked, Got her off Mandarake myself when she was pretty new so they had a decent amount of stock.

Though HLJ did also have it so I had them as a back up. And yes, they spelt her name wrong. Well done lads.

My Cupoche Haruka is still standing fine with just the magnets (they do come with traditional support sticks as well). Maybe I was lucky with the pose.

Whenever I've had issues with the magnets, it's always been on arrival, rather than something that's developed later. I don't really repose them much, though, after I come up with something I like.

DiGiKerot

Have any of these games actually been released in English,

There's an English version of iOS Shiny Festa available in some territories, and there's at at least some degree of a fan translation for the PSP version of the original iM@S (SP).

DiGiKerot

I had to avoid buying those due to monetary concerns. I've also got like 34 iDOLM@STER nendo petits so I didn't really have the room.

34!?! Is both the OG iM@S and iM@S2 and Cinderella Girls sets or something? I think I've only got the iM@S2 set (plus an extra Ritsuko from the recolour series), Anzu and another CG I forget, and the two CG stage sets...

StayDead

In terms of figures of iDOLM@STER I've currently got these but there's about 3 more figures not up for order yet I want. (Chihaya/Takane Kimono ver. and the new Makoto figure).

Nendoroid Petit: The iDOLM@STER 2 - Stage 01

XBVVUFh.jpg

Nendoroid Petit: The iDOLM@STER 2 - Stage 02

Bx9uhcT.jpg

Nendoroid Petit iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Stage 01

vXObbaq.jpg

Nendoroid Petit iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Stage 02

S27Iixu.jpg

Nendoroid Petit iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Live Stage Set

oHQTSGL.jpg

Nendoroid Petite: IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Ranko, Uzuki and Mika + Live Stage Set

V7H4eFZ.jpg

figma Ranko

aaand ordered I have.

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Kanzaki Ranko - 1/8 - Anniversary Princess ver., ~Shukuen no Kyouran~

Have yet to watch the show....one day.......one day.

I am rather afraid, I love collecting figures and this could be my doom.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have yet to watch the show....one day.......one day.

I am rather afraid, I love collecting figures and this could be my doom.

Make one of the Cinderella Girls who not be in the anime your favourite. Therefore ensuring you'll never risk being tempted into buying figurines because they'll never get one.

Aw snap, an idolm@ster thread we in this!

0x001052518.jpg

Best l@dy.

I only watched the anime and have no interest in jumping through hoops to play the games.

DiGiKerot

In terms of figures of iDOLM@STER I've currently got these but there's about 3 more figures not up for order yet I want. (Chihaya/Takane Kimono ver. and the new Makoto figure).

Nendoroid Petit: The iDOLM@STER 2 - Stage 01
Nendoroid Petit: The iDOLM@STER 2 - Stage 02
Nendoroid Petit iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Live Stage Set
Nendoroid Petite: IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Ranko, Uzuki and Mika + Live Stage Set

Yeah, I have these, plus a few duplicates from the iM@S2 set (extra Haruka, Ritsuko and Mami for my desk at work, and a couple of extra Ritsukos just because. I had wanted an extra Kotori from the recoloured reissue, but I've not found a marked one at a con dealers room). I somehow ended up with two Anzu's and two Rika's from that first Cinderella Girls blind-box set too.

I'm trying to remember what other iM@S figures I've got. I have the three general-release Cupoche figures which are out there, the terrible old Haruka revoltech, the most recent Brilliant Stage Haruka (the one in the blue costume - should really track down the matching Chihaya), Iori in the second Ryuuguu costume, and I've got the Vital Sunflower Makoto that I don't really like the face sculpt of, but was bought cheap. I get the feeling I'm probably forgetting some, particularly smaller, stuff (I guess I've got the 360 iM@S1 LE with the figures and stage?). I keep meaning to go back and try to track down the Brilliant Stage Kotori at some point.

I also have a Xenoglossia Iori and a whole bunch, but not the complete set, of Xenoglossia trading figures...

Only way Miki's character makes sense if she's got moderate depression and/or migraines and copes with that through excessive sleeping, eating sweets and singing. That's what works for me anyway.

As for Cinderella Girls - I really like Rin's and Ranko's designs. That's all I know. Will probably give the anime a shot. Hopefully it has good music.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anime of little girls

Well thanks for popping in, not reading anything and then making massive assumptions.
The first subsection, so you didn't even have to scroll far, is titled "The Games"; the anime is a spinoff so you're wrong there. The character ages go beyond their 30s so not exactly little. And it's not only about girls, although the main cast is mostly female. So amazingly you managed to be wrong with three out of your four words.

Pathos, adjectival form: 'pathetic'.

Pathos

Banned
Well thanks for popping in, not reading anything and then making massive assumptions.
The first subsection, so you didn't even have to scroll far, is titled "The Games"; the anime is a spinoff so you're wrong there. The character ages go beyond their 30s so not exactly little. And it's not only about girls, although the main cast is mostly female. So amazingly you managed to be wrong with three out of your four words.

Pathos, adjectival form: 'pathetic'.
I actually did read the op, and I still think it's creepy

[pey-thos, -thohs, -thaws]
noun
the quality or power in an actual life experience or in literature, music, speech, or other forms of expression, of evoking a feeling of pity, or of sympathetic and kindly sorrow or compassion.

Which is what I feel for people with in this thread

Top Bottom