• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2017 |OT|

Yes & no.
I'd like to point out that Amazon had Pros for $330 last Black Friday.
Yes, weeks after its release.
Hoping for some sub $300 action this time.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear in my earlier post but I meant for this year's holiday. I recall them being discounted last year.

Microsoft put their digital deals already. When is sony or Nintendo doing the same. ?

I can't link it because my job restricts gaming related sites( somehow this one slipped though, shhhhhhh ), but according to Playstation's site PS plus members get early access PSN sales starting today. Non-members will have access next Tuesday the 21st when the store normally updates, through the 28th.

cwistofu

My wife wants to upgrade her phone to an S8+, which Best Buy is having a great deal on right now for early BF. However, she currently still has a month left on her current 2 year plan. Can I just pay that difference now and upgrade immediately, or is there some sort of extra fee involved if I try to upgrade early?

I just want a 30-43 inch tv with 120Hz. Ive never seen what frames higher than 60 looks like because my current TV is 60Hz. SO i want to see just how smooth people say it is.

ABeezy1388

LG OLED discounts.....damn doubt my wife will let me get one...both my samsungs work great fml

Where you checking on the discounts at? I been scouring everyday. SlickDeals has shown a bunch but I want Amazon to friggin price match these so bad.

Jigolo

Where you checking on the discounts at? I been scouring everyday. SlickDeals has shown a bunch but I want Amazon to friggin price match these so bad.

You might be in luck. I've just checked Best Buy's ad again and oh look at what they just added...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=tv+amp+home+theater4

P7vBUex.png

That definitely wasn't there last week when the ad came out. And I know you have a ton of Amazon credit and Amazon does indeed price match Best Buy.

ABeezy1388

You might be in luck. I've just checked Best Buy's ad again and oh look at what they just added...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=tv+amp+home+theater4

That definitely wasn't there last week when the ad came out. And I know you have a ton of Amazon credit and Amazon does indeed price match Best Buy.

Omg good find, that is awesome!!!!! I was going to say... when the BB BF add was leaked on here last week and then made public on their site I totally jumped to the tv section to look for this tv and was let down when I did not see it. I hope that's legit and it drops down to that price. And if Amazon matches it like you said that would be a solid price point for me with the credit. *Crosses fingers* Please, please, please!

I think I am going to buy Just Cause 3 XL Edition from XBL. Its 80% off ($27.54 AUD), looks fun in the youtube vids I've seen and I loved Just Cause 2.
Has anyone here played it? I'll be buying it for XB1. I heard it had frame rate issues, but I can forgive some of that stuff, considering the price.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Cheapest 4K 55” or bigger HDR capable tv? Quality brands only please.

The TCL 55S405 is the best cheap TV you can get.
But the 55” hierarchy works like this:
If you’ve got less than $500 to spend get the TCL S405

If want to spend around $600 the easy choice is the TCL 55P60x. This TV is the best bang for buck maybe ever. It’s fantastic and blows away other TVs from any brand at a similar price.

$800-$900 Visio P-Series

$1000-$1300 Sony X900E

Anything above then pick up the $1500 LG OLED sets on sale for BF.

AaronB

I might be willing to pay $100 for a New 3DS, but I haven't seen any signs of a comparable deal this year. The only thing I've seen at all was $79 for a 2DS with Zelda: OoT preinstalled, but I think I'd rather get a New 3DS or New 2DS.

BondFancy

I think I am going to buy Just Cause 3 XL Edition from XBL. Its 80% off ($27.54 AUD), looks fun in the youtube vids I've seen and I loved Just Cause 2.
Has anyone here played it? I'll be buying it for XB1. I heard it had frame rate issues, but I can forgive some of that stuff, considering the price.
I loved it, however the performance is so bad sometimes you’ll want to tear your hair out.

The TCL 55S405 is the best cheap TV you can get.
But the 55” hierarchy works like this:
If you’ve got less than $500 to spend get the TCL S405

If want to spend around $600 the easy choice is the TCL 55P60x. This TV is the best bang for buck maybe ever. It’s fantastic and blows away other TVs from any brand at a similar price.

$800-$900 Visio P-Series

$1000-$1300 Sony X900E

Anything above then pick up the $1500 LG OLED sets on sale for BF.

Thanks. So, is Samsung overpriced or why no mention? Just curious.

frogger

PS4 slim or PS4 pro.

Hard decisions for me.
I already have XOX. Really hard for me to justify paying $200 more.

Unknown?

PS4 slim or PS4 pro.

Hard decisions for me.
Pro. There will be MANY first party games that match or exceed 3rd party games on the X. GT Sport, Uncharted TLL, and Horizon being the best already released examples. God of War is surely to top them and then games like Spider-Man and Detroit. Those graphics will be insane.

Ecto311

Anyone seen Disgaea 5 on Switch for $20 like bestbuy is going to have? Looks like $40 is the lowest outside of best buy I have seen. It would be great if there was a searchable page with games and where the deals are.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
PS4 slim or PS4 pro.

Hard decisions for me.

Pro for sure. Sony's first party games will exceed anything you get on a xox. Choice is yours though.

Edit: also depends on if you have a 4k HDR TV too.

frogger

Pro for sure. Sony's first party games will exceed anything you get on a xox. Choice is yours though.

Edit: also depends on if you have a 4k HDR TV too.

Do have a 75 inch Sony x900e. PS4 exclusive games I am interested in are Bloodborne and Persona 5. These games didn't get a lot improvement for the pro I think.

frogger

I thought the entire sale was up for gold members? I already bought DR4.

Another batch is going up tonight, I think. Because the first batch sale is actually expiring in 3 hours. I also read somewhere there is a flash type sale on BF, someone listed Forza 7 as one of the potential games.

Unknown?

Do have a 75 inch Sony x900e. PS4 exclusive games I am interested in are Bloodborne and Persona 5. These games didn't get a lot improvement for the pro I think.
Well are you planning on getting future games like God of War, Detroit, TLOU2, Spider-Man, Death Stranding? If those are the only two games you get then nah but it’s usually a gateway once you beat them and want more games.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Another batch is going up tonight, I think. Because the first batch sale is actually expiring in 3 hours. I also read somewhere there is a flash type sale on BF, someone listed Forza 7 as one of the potential games.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up!

splattered

Man I am super tempted to get the Wolfenstein 2 deluxe but I want the disc.. I cant bring myself to purchase digital XBO games if there is a physical version :/

MrBlonde

That Gamestop deal for the PS4 is pretty nice, $199 plus a $50 gift card. My daughter wants a PS4 for Xmas so im probably going to do this.

Top Bottom