• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

LJ11

They took out Nickel Strong, Dime Flat, and the ridiculous 1-5-5 Nickel Prowl. First two formations were only found in non-team playbooks, which is crazy because they used to be in almost every team playbook, remember Wellie running strong years ago if memory serves.

155 Nickel Prowl was in a few 3-4 books, including the Niners. After they patched up some broken blitzes, mostly in Nickel Strong, Mike Scrape 3, and Dime Flat, 155 became the go to with some looping blitzes that fucked with the OL. EA had the line "look" a certain way to protect against the Nanos they were aware of, but by doing that it opened the floodgates for A gap loops. Honestly though, best D in the game last year was man 3 deep, LOL.

LJ11

Been watching some streams, game seems like a refined version of 16. No one is running the ball well though, not consistently anyway.

LJ is always like 4-5 layers more deep than anyone else in Madden lol

LOL, yeah I still follow what's going on, watch a lot of streams when I'm home and doing some work, good background noise. Last year I didn't play random games outside of Draft Champs, I shut down MUT after January and only played one MUT game. Right now is the best time to play randoms, no one knows shit yet.

Edit: I used to get my ass beat when the game first went online, so I had to get better. Went on message boards and learned how to play the game. All those boards are dead, except for OSports, but twitch has revived things a bit. Still the community is toxic as fuck for the most part, but I don't think that's unique to Madden.

LJ11

It just hit me that LJ is back in the division and the rest of us are just playing for the wildcard every season.

FMT penciled me in, but I told rinse he's got dibs, his call.

Honestly, I'm upset with the Bills right now, not the org, but the players. You'd think that I wouldnt give a fuck but some of these guys are complete fucking morons, and it just gets to me. Better off running with a squad I don't emotionally care about, just start from zero.

My man Greg has a squad with the Jags this year. Lots of young talent on D.

Honestly, I'm upset with the Bills right now, not the org, but the players. You'd think that I wouldnt give a fuck but some of these guys are complete fucking morons, and it just gets to me. Better off running with a squad I don't emotionally care about, just start from zero.

makes no difference to me! rinse?

what was bound to happen? it's a 25 gb file that i started downloading, then my wife turned off the xbone to watch hulu on ps4 without my knowledge :(

don't be mad guys, its done now. stream will start shortly... either against Bread if he is man enough to play me or against a rando!

www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme

rinse82

Alright I'll keep the Bills then, been trying to give them back to LJ for a while lol but he doesn't seem to care for using them.

really looking forward to the run stop mechanic, hope it can help shut down runs when you know they are coming

also the auto-flip defense when someone runs trips is a dream come true!

DCX

DCX

Saints bro!

DCX

Phee why did you leave my division man. We had such a fun one going.

I'm a Madden tour whore. It's honestly been more fun for me to jump to a different division every year with a different team.

I'll come back home to the AFC East one day!

I've seen the light

i have RL on PC lets play greggo
pt9bcN7.gif

So by the first page info (which is I'm sure out of date) the following teams are OPEN:

Browns - OPEN
Ravens - OPEN
Steelers - OPEN
Titans - OPEN
Raiders - OPEN
Broncos - OPEN
Redskins - OPEN
Vikings - OPEN
Bears - OPEN
Saints - OPEN
Cards - OPEN
Rams - OPEN

Here are my ratings breakdowns of these teams:

Browns - OPEN
Ravens - OPEN
Steelers - OPEN
Titans - OPEN
Raiders - OPEN
Broncos - OPEN
Redskins - OPEN
Vikings - OPEN
Bears - OPEN
Saints - OPEN
Cards - OPEN
Rams - OPEN

Browns
90+: 1
80-89: 6 (includes P)

Ravens
90+: 3
80-89: 13 (includes K, P, FB)

Stealers
80-89: 12 (1 is FB)

Titans
90+: 2
80-89: 13 (includes K, P, FB)

Broncos
90+: 4
80-89: 13 (includes K, P)

Raiders
80-89: 17 (includes P, FB)

Racists
80-89: 11 (includes P)

Vikings
80-89: 13 (includes K and WTF they have 2 80+ centers! Trade me!)

Bears
80-89: 8 (includes P)

Saints
80-89: 9 (includes P)

Cards
80-89: 14 (includes K, also they have a second FS who is 80 something but maybe their formations allow 3 safeties?)

Rams
80-89: 9 (includes P, FB)

Broncos, Raiders, Stealers and Cards are probably the best rosters out of these. Bears, Browns and Saints are all in various states of rebuild mode.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been watching Madden streams all day. I'm getting hyped to tank another squad to 0-16 against all you pros in here. If I end up with the Steelers maybe I'll have a fighting chance lol

Top Bottom