• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Collector's Edition is $60 at Best Buy [Sold Out/Removed]

RedStep

Edit: Sold out /removed for now, who knows if it will be back and at what price.

Credit to CAG

The Order: 1886 CE w/ Statue is currently $20 off at Best Buy (shipping or pickup). Retail is $80 and it doesn't show a markdown, so it's probably a price mistake. BB is pretty good at honoring those, so I'd jump on it. $48 with Gamer's Club Unlocked is a steal.

fedexpeon

Banned
Hmm, store pick-up or shipping?
I decided store pick-up so at least I can talk to the manager if the price changes, good idea or bad idea?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If I hadn't already gotten this with the ton of Amazon credit I had saved I would jump on it. No money out of pocket trumps less money total. I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

I got excited but then I read the description and I honestly don't have any interest in any of the extras being offered. I think I'd rather just have the standard edition.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I got excited but then I read the description and I honestly don't have any interest in any of the extras being offered. I think I'd rather just have the standard edition.

im planning on setting the statue on fire but why not take free DLC and a steel book?

hawk2025

Ugh, the problem is that Best Buy keeps a hold in your account allll the way until the game ships.

I would love to get this just for the Steelbook. I have decided to give this game a day one chance :)

Lemstar

got it. thanks for the heads up. now i gotta go to GS to cancel my CE, or should i just wait on it?

what say u gaf?

Wait on it. There's a nonzero chance that Best Buy might not honor the price and revise your order to the regular edition or something, and you're not missing out on anything by waiting until after release to cancel your GameStop preorder (unless you want your GS credit back ASAP).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Haha yeah lets give Blowny and Ready at Yawn an interest free loan, can't wait to QTE my way through this game lol

BLOWNY only makes cinematic games like gran turismo and mlb the show so i do not understand why anyone is expecting anything from this

GQman2121

Banned
I'm still in the I need to play a demo phase at this point. I'm not entirely sold on what they're selling thus far.

Man, I'd go for it but they charge the moment you preorder. Can you preorder this in store and get the 20 bucks off too?

OldManNoob

Neo Member
Thanks OP. $48 with GCU.
I called my local BB to preorder for $5. The preorder option was not available to them in store. I preorderdd and chose store pickup, I figured I would complain in store and in person if they change price.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm guessing the standard shipping will take a few days and isn't release date delivery?

Hoje0308

Banned
yeah but for instances like this why not give it a shot. if they honor it, you win

That's the thing, Amazon doesn't have in-store pickup and my mailman is far too inconsistent in the winter. Best Buy really is the best option, so I ordered.

Amazon matches pricing mistakes?

I haven't checked terms lately, but thought they guaranteed the prices on these kinds of deals. Of course, they usually don't offer anything like this. Whatever, just let me justify my Prime membership without having to mention The Sopranos, The Wire, or my lazy nature.

Top Bottom