• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

E92 M3

Titan set is horrible.

Fry.jpg

I didn’t realize you could solo a raid. Isn’t it impossibly hard?
Some of the old raids have been soloed, but Leviathan is mechanically impossible to solo. There are many sections that require multiple people. (One requires a minimum of 5 to even start, though only four to complete)

Trakan

What do Seasons mean in Destiny 2?

What will change from season to season?

How many seasons can we expect?

When does Season Two begin?

We’ll be answering that question, and more like it, at TwitchCon.

I missed this in the update. God I hope these are similar to tower refreshes and it means new rolls on guns periodically.

Have we talked about how the power of friendship is the true end game of Destiny 2 and feeds the replayability? Being on OT3 I would say we have nailed it.

BLCKATK

I missed this in the update. God I hope these are similar to tower refreshes and it means new rolls on guns periodically.

Might wanna pull back your expectations a bit. I think the only things we can realistically expect right now are Season Milestones (talked about during the Iron Banner section of the update) and the Clan Perks changing every season, since a Clan needs to releveled every season. Judging by the nature of the TWAB and the wording, Seasons seem to be focused around Clans.

Don't mean to be a downer, but judging by the track record since release, this seems realistic.

TWAB is up.

Iron Banner is coming!

Prestige raid too!

We do not expect everyone to be successful in completing this activity. Mechanical changes to the encounters are minimal, but they are there. The Prestige Raid is about mastering a more punishing sandbox. Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine. Consider this your invitation to prove to the world that you are among the very best of the Raiders who overlook the City.​

��

Are we back to raid designs that are just "make every enemy a yellow bar"?
Oh my god they’re gonna pull a Crota’s End and just make the raid filled with majors. I’ll be furious if so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
290something Titan and I‘d love to finally tackle the Raid. Tomorrow's my birthday, the gf's asleep, I don't have to work and I‘ve got a sixpack of cans containing too sugary liquids to keep me wake - the motivation is high. Does anyone have a free slot in his group?
Can I interest you in a proto-newbie-raid tomorrow night EST?
I didn't realize you could solo a raid. Isn't it impossibly hard?
It isn't possible to solo the raid; it also doesn't suck :p
Is the game worth it for the single player, and just playing the online portion casually? I keep going back and forth on buying it for PC, and I didn't play the first game. I'm happy with the grind but stuff like the raids seems a bit beyond my skill level, and most of my friends don't play games so I can't organise a team to play that stuff.
I would say if you intend to play literally solo, it isn't worth it at present. Wait for a version with a bunch of content collected for a $60 price point entry, and you'll get a ton of value. If you don't intend to play with others in any way there's some fun to be had but you'll miss out on the best the game has to offer and reach the end of that tunnel much more quickly.

However, do note that you are already in a great place to find people to play with if you are willing to do so. :)

Trakan

Might wanna pull back your expectations a bit. I think the only things we can realistically expect right now are Season Milestones (talked about during the Iron Banner section of the update) and the Clan Perks changing every season, since a Clan needs to releveled every season. Judging by the nature of the TWAB and the wording, Seasons seem to be focused around Clans.

Don't mean to be a downer, but judging by the track record since release, this seems realistic.

Are they really hyping an event about Seasons at TwitchCon to basically say "Yeah, your clan rank resets."?

I did the calus cheese as a test with 1 other person, we reliably got it to work by having the fireteam leader die first (on calus) then the other person die at the fire and disconnect right when the death screen counter counts down to 0 (5..4..3..2..1...0), when the FT leader respawns in the doors are open and no adds will spawn in the throne room until the next wipe. Ammo is a huge problem though, with no adds you have to kill the bubble psions to get ammo and of course only 1 person in the shadow realm wasn't enough for us to get enough stacks to kill calus, but I was just curious how hard it was to trigger and its super easy, on par with the Oryx disconnect cheese.

Its not a huge cheese imo since you still need to do most of the mechanics of the fight (punch the right psion, callout stuff, all the psions still spawn in shadow, not die in the shadow realm, etc) you just don't have to worry about adds in the throne room which makes it nice and relaxed. I do hope they fix it before prestige comes out though.

Matticers

Director of HoW and RoI is asking what people want in the first expansion.

Doesn't the first expansion come out in December or something like that? I'd have to imagine most of it is already done. Sounds like he's really asking about the second expansion. Unless he can work in some quality of life changes or other simple tweaks for the first one.

7he Talon

I didn't get to play the Iron Banner in Destiny 1. Excited to try it out this time 'round.

Is it as sweaty as Trials?

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
So LL doesn’t matter in IB? What the hell? Why is D2 so... I don’t know different and casual? I love it but its not checking the same boxes as the first game.

BLCKATK

Are they really hyping an event about Seasons at TwitchCon to basically say "Yeah, your clan rank resets."?

"Yeah, your clan rank resets, but look at all of these milestones you and your clan can overcome, and look at all the loot you'll get doing it."

To me that sounds like the dialogue. I'd be happy to be wrong about it. I happen to like the Clan system and desire for it to be expanded on.

Keep in mind this also the team that announced Sparrow Racing League at Playstation Experience during a content starved season for Destiny.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ronin Warriors.

So prestige raid is just light level increase. And gear is just more gold, no special perks, etc.

Ronin Warriors.

So prestige raid is just light level increase. And gear is just more gold, no special perks, etc.

But you get a sweet new emblem, weekly aura AND white and gold ornament for the legend of acrius. Clearly its worth it and you just dont realize it yet...

Jafku

I doubt theres going to be a PL increase for the prestige raid. just new armor and weapons. will be grinding IB for the armor. Hopefully no faction cap

Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine. Consider this your invitation to prove to the world that you are among the very best of the Raiders who overlook the City.
that to me seems like no pl increase

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Ooh, IB should allow folks to hit 305 no problem...as long as the drops are as good as they were at the end of D1. Those sets are gorgeous.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really surprised they didn't include a Court of Oryx anywhere in the base game. I was expecting that to be an obvious include all over the place after how successful it was in TTK.

MrS

Banned
I'm really surprised they didn't include a Court of Oryx anywhere in the base game. I was expecting that to be an obvious include all over the place after how successful it was in TTK.
Heroic Public events took their place. Hope they add some new ones.

GhaleonEB

I wonder if they will talk about expansion 1 at twitchcon. Expect season 2 to start with expansion 1.

Yeah, that's my thought as well. The mention in the BWU of new "destinations" to explore was a nice tease as well.

Twitchcon seems like it's well timed for the expansion reveal. About the midpoint between the Destiny 2 release and a December expansion release.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I played so much D1 PVP in the last two months I got like 20k+ kills in that time span. I was expecting to go nuts with D2 PVP as well but nope. Not really compelled to. Hell I don't think I'll even touch the PC version now. Bungie just made things easier for me since I have a backlog to last a lifetime. Just don't know what game I should play here and there while waiting for the next big release.

Power levels not mattering in Iron Banner and minimal new mechanics in prestige raid make Destiny 2 dead content for me now.

ramyeon

Power levels not mattering in Iron Banner and minimal new mechanics in prestige raid make Destiny 2 dead content for me now.
Is power levels really that big of a deal? Most people are going to be around 300-305 anyway...

And Heroic raids in D1 had minimal new mechanics too so I'm not sure what people were expecting?

I think they went a little too crazy with the IB logos on the armor this time. Does it need SEVEN?

Are there no IB weapons? That's really lame if true.

Uhh thats a good point. I'm going to be upset if there's no weps. I figured they just weren't showing them yet. And they better not be tree branches either.

Obviously it's not happening but it would be awesome if the hunter got a bow & arrow and the others got a Samurai sword.

It's so weird to me theyre going so casual yet dropped all pvp modes to 4v4. D1 was way more casual and fun imo for pvp. As a noob in pvp it's more daunting for me to even bother trying it when there's less people. If there's 6 I have some leeway when I suck. Not so much when there's only 4 to begin with.

They better get their shit straightened out with CoD and Battlefront and a million other games coming very soon...people are just going to get to the end game and move right on to the next.

SlickVic

I like how many Adventures there are, and how most of them are pretty decent sized missions. Still got a good chunk of them left to do after finishing the campaign.

I also wish there was a way to select the strike you wanted to do like Destiny 1 (unless I'm just not seeing the option). Want to do each of the 6 strikes at least once before taking a break from the game, but it seems to keep repeating ones I've already done.

Dynasty8

It's so weird to me theyre going so casual yet dropped all pvp modes to 4v4. D1 was way more casual and fun imo for pvp. As a noob in pvp it's more daunting for me to even bother trying it when there's less people. If there's 6 I have some leeway when I suck. Not so much when there's only 4 to begin with.

They better get their shit straightened out with CoD and Battlefront and a million other games coming very soon...people are just going to get to the end game and move right on to the next.

I totally agree. They went hardcore competitive with PvP and more casual with PvE. I wanted the complete opposite.

Perineum

I think all 3 are good and Warlock is god tier of all 3.

I like the mask from Hunter, and I dig parts of the Titan, but Warlock? Damn that whole thing is fire.

Gonna aim to get the Titan and Warlock IB sets, hopefully get 305 in the process, and then I think I'm done until the DLC.

I really thought they'd up the PL cap to 350 or whatever that tool tip states is the max PL for an item with the addition of the prestige raid, but that doesn't look to be the case. I thought maybe the prestige raid gear would at least have unique perks, but that doesn't look to be the case either.

I'm hoping for some significant changes come December, but I got a feeling nothing significant is going to occur until next September. Maybe some baby steps here or there, but nothing to really move the needle.

Top Bottom