• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppies Rescued From Tar Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric C

You can view video of the rescue here
http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/puppies-rescued-tar-pit
or here
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=996_1357650713
Boo8Dl.jpg

6rdrll.jpg

Both puppies survived.
Two puppies were trapped in a tar pit in Antofagasta, Chile. Members of an Airsoft club came to the dogs' rescue when they heard them crying. The team was able to rescue the puppies and a local organization is currently caring for the dogs. It is believed the dogs were intentionally thrown into the pit.

The woman in the first video said at another nearby tar pit 5 other puppies were found and unable to be rescued. :(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

My Spanish isn't so good, but it says another 6 dogs were found dead. I'm not clear if it was the same tarpit or a nearby one.

:(

Edit: Or is it 6 total, including the 2 that were rescued...

Man...

I was like, "They got rescued, how bad can this be?"

Yeah . . . never letting that thought get in my head again.

BobDylan

wow. that video. holy shit. ive seen a lot of stuff on the internet but for some reason this really gets to me. seeing how helpless they were. I couldnt watch more than 10 seconds. how can someone do that?

Eric C

My Spanish isn't so good, but it says another 6 dogs were found dead. I'm not clear if it was the same tarpit or a nearby one.

:(

Edit: Or is it 6 total, including the 2 that were rescued...

I don't know. Maybe the woman in the video was wrong, or maybe that article is wrong.

It's still 5 or 6 either way. :(

I fucking loathe in a way that no known words can express the kind of people who do shit like this to another living creature.

I found my cat taped up in a shoe box and buried in a dumpster when she was about 8 weeks old. There is nothing in this existence that makes me angrier.

I can't bring myself to say anyone deserves to die... but maybe put into a coma for the rest of their lives.

Argh.

Bombadil

Banned
What kind of a scumbag do you have to be to throw puppies into a tar pit? Fucking hell.

I bet there are people on GAF who would do crap like this.

I don't want to name any names, but on the funny pic thread someone posted a gif of a snapping turtle chomping a live mouse in half. Apparently, he thought it was funny. Sociopaths may be rare, but they're everywhere.

Jado

Banned
I have a dog, so stuff like this really does bother me... but in other parts of the world, such as Mexico and parts of South America, people generally just don't care about dogs the way many Americans do.

rouken

damn humans. :(
also happens in our country, where newborn puppies were put in a sack and thrown in the river.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Ah fucking hell, I don't know if I should be happy at least 2 puppies were saved and this was brought to more attention, or I should be ashamed shit like this only happens in Chile.

But again in the south of the country, police (and probably military in the next couple days), will keep fighting the natives who want to reclaim their stolen lands from the government. Because fuck human rights in this place. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom