• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is gaining popularity in Belgium... as an XTC pill

Dawg

The BEWSD (Belgian Early Warning System on Drugs) warns of a drug called Nintendo, an XTC pill that is gaining popularity and can be quite deadly. The pill contains a very high amount of MDMA, the active ingredient found in XTC, which, for example, can be fatal for an average 14 year old girl.

The new pills are probably massively imported from China and, via the Modus Vivendi project, have been discovered in the surroundings of Brussels. Modus Vivendi allows drug users to anonymously bring their drugs in to check its quality. This way, one tries to minimize the risks. In Flanders however, such a project does not exist.

The pills often contain the logo of Nintendo, something the company probably is not happy about, as they may be confused with a piece of candy.

4gamers.be/nieuws/33353/1/Waarschuwing-voor-dodelijke-xtc-pil-genaamd-Nintendo

8c73c31335e28c65eb608nfzq2.jpg

Phazon

So this is how Nintendo entered the Chinese market and is planning to make profits.

Iwata: (laughs)

But serious, I hope they'll be able to solve this problem soon. Those drugs are complete filth.

Hasney

Ha! I have seen pills of E with the super star and mushroom on too. Clearly Nintendo is a gateway to drugs.

kick51

Banned
I love nintendo. like, i'm totally in love with nintendo. this 3ds is so comfortable, touch it...okay, now pet me like that, i love you too

cacildo

It wont be a surprise if Nintendo really pulls Dr Luigi from the eShop after this. They Always jump at the slightiest sign of trouble

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Nintendo fans will continue to be exceptionally thirsty.

nullset2

When a doomed company gets diagnosed with a dead home console, its CEO, Satoru Iwata, begins to cook meth to provide for the financial future of his company and form his legacy.

This summer... on AMC.

Ahasverus

The drug dealers are stepping up their marketing game... To children? really?? How ville :/ Hope the authorities can stop them.

Zeth

These homemade pills always have really funny/interesting unlicensed logos. Terrible luck that this one happens to be deadly.

Well EA, dare to call Nintendo kiddy!? There more hardcore then you now.

They're (They are)
more than

Sorry, I had to.

kyser73

I remember around 97/98 there were a batch of really good Es (as they're known in the UK) called Playstations. There have also been acid tabs with Sonic & Mario prints on them, and at least a few other batches of Es with other videogaming-related logos on them.

Nothing new here.

Don't touch those things guys, they had to take him with a brancard to the hospital because of the large doses of XTC in the pill

There's no such thing as 'XTC' mate, and MDMA is one of the most glorious chemicals ever invented for human use.

Lots of claims being made in the article without factual basis too...

Why the fuck are we calling it XTC? Its Ecstasy.
I remember around 97/98 there were a batch of really good Es (as they're known in the UK) called Playstations. There have also been acid tabs with Sonic & Mario prints on them, and at least a few other batches of Es with other videogaming-related logos on them.

Nothing new here.

Ive seen spongbob tabs, dexter tabs, even transformer tabs (Sorry asus). The drug labs just have a infatuation with anything thats childlike.

SgtCobra

There's no such thing as 'XTC' mate, and MDMA is one of the most glorious chemicals ever invented for human use.
Whoops sorry that's how we sometimes call it in over here, It's wrong I know.
Hehe lots of memories of gabber parties and pills, ugh.

XTC is a US thing isn't it? Apparently in Belgium too, altho the Belgians I know who drop all call them Es too.

I thought they called it Molly? (Which is equally recent and stupid). Both are new names to make the same shit sound edgier.

Ecstasy might be the only Drug ever that has gone through a rebranding to boost sales. Quite ironic, that.

Top Bottom