• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

zkylon

zkylewd
after a long talk about my brother of how i should be ashamed of not having chrono trigger on my completely subjective and not meant to be taken as anything other than that top 10 rpgs list, i think i'm gonna play that next

i'm not sure why chrono trigger never quite clicked with me, it has a lot of stuff that i should like, and i do like listening to its music but idk, i think i don't like the dragon ball artstyle or something

anyways, gonna play it through again

Erheller

after a long talk about my brother of how i should be ashamed of not having chrono trigger on my completely subjective and not meant to be taken as anything other than that top 10 rpgs list, i think i'm gonna play that next

i'm not sure why chrono trigger never quite clicked with me, it has a lot of stuff that i should like, and i do like listening to its music but idk, i think i don't like the dragon ball artstyle or something

anyways, gonna play it through again

I'm kind of cold on Chrono Trigger, too, compared to a lot of people. I liked it, yeah, I think it's a pretty good JRPG, but something about it never really clicked with me the way others have.

I was never really into that dragon ball artstyle though so maybe that's part of the reason why?

Did you play it when it launched ? At it prime ?
The game itself was leagues ahead of every JRPGs.
Catching up to it years later won't have the same affect, although it's still top retro jrpg.

Jawmuncher

I’m using VPN to unlock TEW2 now. If I revert back to my regular internet I know it’ll stop me from playing. But it’ll just be a run time restriction right? It won’t suddenly make all the contents back to be encrypted so I have to decrypt again right?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ae2lHRr.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lashley, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You -- MB-96D7793B19E0C228 - Taken by thesaucetastic

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm kind of cold on Chrono Trigger, too, compared to a lot of people. I liked it, yeah, I think it's a pretty good JRPG, but something about it never really clicked with me the way others have.

I was never really into that dragon ball artstyle though so maybe that's part of the reason why?

yeah idk, rationally speaking i think that game is fantastic but compared to some of the other games on my favorite rpg list it just didn't make the same impact

like i'd say front mission is probably not as good a game as chrono trigger but i think about front mission like ALL THE TIME and i've been playing those games over and over for like 15 years or something lol

Did you play it when it launched ? At it prime ?
The game itself was leagues ahead of every JRPGs.
Catching up to it years later won't have the same affect, although it's still top retro jrpg.

not at the time cos snes wasn't really popular here, but not that long after release (maybe like 1998?)

When was the last time you tried running XCOM 2? I think they fixed some of the performance issues, last I checked. It should be better now than it was near launch.

Though I'm not entirely sure.
not far after release. they had a few performance patches when i was playing it but nothing that solved all my problems

in their defense (sorta, it still ran like crap), my pc's age is being felt quite a bit lately, so it's not just the only game. then again doom runs perfect so who knows...

MUnited83

For you.
gash darn it, i missed Wildlands price mistake on Amazon.15$ was the price I was waiting on to get one copy for me and one for my brother.

Currently playing through Hellblade...

LOVE IT!

That's the entirety of my impressions.

Oh wait, it also runs surprisingly well on my Alienware Steam Machine!

Backlogger

gash darn it, i missed Wildlands price mistake on Amazon.15$ was the price I was waiting on to get one copy for me and one for my brother.
That was a price mistake? Man Ubi game sales suck

Hey has anyone had any issues claiming Torchlight 1 & 2 on GOG Connect? Never had issues before but they just don’t show up for me

Currently playing through Hellblade...

LOVE IT!

That's the entirety of my impressions.

Oh wait, it also runs surprisingly well on my Alienware Steam Machine!

Really want to play Hellblade but I just don't have spare cash right now. Especially as someone who has struggled with mental health issues at times (albeit not psychosis).

If nothing else I plan to pick it up by the winter sale season.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Endless Legend - Classic Edition -- MB-4B9FDB1EA7A0A559 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut -- MB-24DDFAF8592021A7 - Taken by Zeneric. 8 entrants total.

t1507915834z1.png

Arulan

D&D licensed RPGs have been terrible for a long time now. Can Wizards of the Coast not find a competent developer? I'd love to see RPG modules in the vein of the Gold Box games.

illusionary

Hey has anyone had any issues claiming Torchlight 1 & 2 on GOG Connect? Never had issues before but they just don’t show up for me

The 'purchase' went through fine for me. What do you see on the GOG Connect page - are the games just listed as "unavailable"? Maybe an unnecessary question, but you're sure that you have both games on Steam and they're not already in your GOG library? IIRC, at least the first game has previously been available to add via GOG Connect.

yoshizzle

I can get past the 404, and I allowed it to redeem keys on my account but it just keeps sending my data to their servers, nothing happens after that. It's just stuck on loading.

On Reddit, some guy had success disabling their adblock to fix their loading problem. I would give that a shot if you have one enabled.

I like that it 404'd right after this
Were you able to get the game?
If not, just keep refreshing any 404s you get and eventually the confirmation page will show.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Ripple -- MB-2D7CDE9847243C69 - Taken by MaxiLive

Top Bottom