• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I hope this lets you download the English version if you'd bought the Japanese version on the eshop. I think other games were like that? Although I can read some stuff which is enough for multiplayer and basic singleplayer endless modes, the story mode would be nice in English

Jazzem

I hope this lets you download the English version if you'd bought the Japanese version on the eshop. I think other games were like that? Although I can read some stuff which is enough for multiplayer and basic singleplayer endless modes, the story mode would be nice in English

I'll be really interested to see if this is the case. If it is, I'm going to regret not having picked up the Japanese version at launch heh

faridmon

I have it on Pre-order.

The game is tough, but I enjoyed the demo

Hope I can play Online with some of you when it comes out

Does anyone happen to know whether ordering online from Target guarantees the decal bonus? Gotta confess it's a bit bittersweet that we're not receiving the original Japanese V.A. along with the key-chains skipping out on the PS4 version, but I'm glad to finally obtain another chance to tackle Tetris since the original GameBoy release!

Quality thread title.

This should be interesting. It works if the games are the exact same. It marks a game as purchased in all regions. I am not sure what happens when there are language/content differences.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I really want to get this game on Switch (I already have for Wii U, but true portability would be awesome).

The thing... I don't really like Puyo Puyo. And Tetris DS is doing just fine for portable Tetris for me =/

Jazzem

I really want to get this game on Switch (I already have for Wii U, but true portability would be awesome).

The thing... I don't really like Puyo Puyo. And Tetris DS is doing just fine for portable Tetris for me =/

Man, I miss Tetris DS online, used to play that a ton. Really enjoyed all the other goofy modes in that game too.

If it's anything, PPT would be a way to play portable Tetris online again. I assume you can do straight Tetris matches anyway!

jariw

I think game has a potential to do extremely well on the Switch. The console having built in 2-player support is perfect for a game like this. And the game (well, demo at least...) works great in table top mode as well.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Man, I miss Tetris DS online, used to play that a ton. Really enjoyed all the other goofy modes in that game too.

If it's anything, PPT would be a way to play portable Tetris online again. I assume you can do straight Tetris matches anyway!
you can, it says so in OP.

Lylo

Why is this even a thing?

Ubisoft already released Tetris Ultimate on NA and EU PSN, so Sega has no rights to release it on the same stores. The same applies to Tetris Ultimate in Japan, it isn't available on the japanese PSN because they already have Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I know, it's stupid, but that's how Tetris Company licensing are...

KeRaSh

Ubisoft already released Tetris Ultimate on NA and EU PSN, so Sega has no rights to release it on the same stores. The same applies to Tetris Ultimate in Japan, it isn't available on the japanese PSN because they already have Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I know, it's stupid, but that's how Tetris Company licensing are...

Really? So basically the Tetris Company only allows one single digital release per digital store and region? Slightly OT but that seems like a very weird decision. What would be the reasoning behind that?

Anticipating this more on Switch than MK8. The demo has become a regular thing with my friends.

Buying it digitally with a US account in the UK, hope I don't have to wait around all day for it to be available.

The Japanese game is called Puyo Puyo Tetris S and is considered a separate game for eshop purposes. If you look on the store pages, PPTs only lists Japanese as a supported language and PPT only lists English.

zigg

Is it possible to play solo Puyo?

Is that even a thing?

I'd really like to practice without the pressure of garbage Puyo dropping on my head from my daughter kicking my ass. 😄 (she cut her teeth on Project Mirai DX and dang she's good)

Got a call from EB yesterday to pick it up on Tuesday. First physical copy of Puyo since the GameCube era. That Switch box looks so sweet.

BTW AnimeEVO is running a PPT side tournament so better git gud by then
https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/841497711564079104

Is it possible to play solo Puyo?

Is that even a thing?

I'd really like to practice without the pressure of garbage Puyo dropping on my head from my daughter kicking my ass. 😄 (she cut her teeth on Project Mirai DX and dang she's good)
Ya there's an endless Puyo mode under the challenge section.
http://puyo.sega.com/tetris/rule/challenge/index.html

XaosWolf

Getting very annoyed with some of the (assumed) RNG.

I just had a duel against Ai, Tetris v Tetris.
Ended up getting to the top of our respective screens and then it just had me continuously on the defensive because all the garbage I sent him were in straight lines so he tetrised them straight back and they showed up on my side all over the place.

I'd have tried to counter stuff but that isn't how it works on the Tetris side apparently because even if you clear a line it still initiates garbage.

Also vs Puyo a simple 3-chain is enough to counter a Perfect Clear. What would be 10 Lines vs Tetris is barely an inconvenience to even basic Puyo players when they can just shit out a basic chain and clear it.

What is going on with the balance there?

EDIT: Just tried again to test and he is just getting garbage lined up in a row all the time. =

Is this game like Dr Robotniks mean bean machine by any chance?

Yes. Mean Bean Machine was a reskinned Puyo Puyo game. Same with Kirbys Avalanche.

XandBosch

This game is proof in the pudding of why every game should have a demo. I wouldn't have bought this, wasn't even on my radar, but the demo for this game has totally sidetracked me from finishing Zelda. Way too fun.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I am guessing this won't be a midnight release in NA? Noon tomorrow maybe? PST?

Probably Noon EST/9AM PST. Eshop tends to update those times on Tuesdays and Fridays for new releases.

Top Bottom