• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

Thanks for the recommendation, will read about it!

I used my ps3 controller with motionjoy until my wife bought me a wired 360 controller for christmas. I set motionjoy to emulate a 360 controller and had no problems with anything, mapping was fine as well. If you have one you could look into that option.

Been thinking about a wired 360 controller..

Are you sure you don't want an used, wired 360 pad? Great quality and it's supported by default by 99% of games nowadays. You don't have to map key and stuff, it's plug and play just like on consoles. Mapping keys is a PAIN, for me at least.
I wouldn't buy any other pad for my pc honestly, totally worth the few extra bucks.

Haha, you probably misunderstood me. I said I don't mind using a used controller.
GameStop my best bet to find one? Don't really know prices for used controllers, what prices should I be looking for?

Thanks for the recommendation, will read about it!

Been thinking about a wired 360 controller..

Haha, you probably misunderstood me. I said I don't mind using a used controller.
GameStop my best bet to find one? Don't really know prices for used controllers, what prices should I be looking for?

I was checking into used 360 controllers from gamestop a bit ago and they were pretty hard to find. My wife ended up getting mine new at Best Buy for 29.99 I believe. If you can come across one I have had no problem with it, most games recognize the controller just fine and map the UI for it. Good luck hunting one down.

goober

I was checking into used 360 controllers from gamestop a bit ago and they were pretty hard to find. My wife ended up getting mine new at Best Buy for 29.99 I believe. If you can come across one I have had no problem with it, most games recognize the controller just fine and map the UI for it. Good luck hunting one down.

from the prices I checked online, it seems like the used prices are similar to the new ones from BestBuy. I'll look around, thanks again!

MNC

Aaaaaand steam is completely dead now. Not even steam cloud servers working :/ Friends down as well.

vazel

Banned
Can't believe this was a scheduled downtime. Why would they do this in the middle of the afternoon. Why not in the middle of the night like MMOs.

scheduled? how long?

We'll be updating some of the Steam servers Tuesday January 3rd, 2011 around 16:00 PST (GMT-8). Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected. Content downloads and game play should not be affected. Downtime is expected to be short.

And then

The server update is taking a little longer than expected; we'll be back up and running as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

So we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT - Did Steamcommunity.com always force HTTPS or is that new?

kswiston

First person to quote this (and send a PM in case I forget to check back) can have my Hamilton's Adventure code courtesy of IGN. Already have the game on Steam.

Jomjom

Banned
If I enter the codes for Hamilton and King Arthur, do they go directly into my game library or can I keep them in my inventory?

There's also a free Bastion soundtrack at the very bottom of the IGN Prime page.
Now the minute it took me to register was definitely worth it.

There's also a free Bastion soundtrack at the very bottom of the IGN Prime page.
Now the minute it took me to register was definitely worth it.

good looking out man! i was definitely planning on buying it on Steam but free is also good! i'll make sure to support the cause when i get money and gift the steam OST to my brother

DigiMish

Hey, did anybody pick up an extra copy of Tropico 4 during the holiday sale? I can take it off you, and paypal you/gift something you want the price that it was during the holiday sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom