• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright let's just take it down a notch, people.

Breathe.

We're getting away from the subject at hand.

This is a thread to discuss Nolan and TKDR.

Okay?

Got it?

Alright. Let's do this.

Nolan hasn't yet made a film that comes anywhere near reaching the heights Jackson ascended to with the LotR trilogy.

Would you rather have your dick cut off or pulled off? That's the only difference between the two.

Well the last 12 years of films are kind of shit. Especially the mainstream films.

I agree that the LOTR films are well made, and good adaptions. But they are extremely boring in some parts. I liked them well enough in theaters, but found re-watches to be a chore. Then there was a time my friend tried an LOTR:EE marathon..i made it until the Two Towers before falling asleep.

They're rated where they should be.

Fitting post for a thread about the sequel to the Dark Knight though.

Nolan has proved he is a great film maker outside of the batman series. What has jackson done? Oh thats right, Lovely Bones and King Kong. The LOTR films worked because it was fantasy and he had a great source to adapt from. But even with that, they had extremely boring segments.

DMczaf

People defending Jackson by saying TDK is overrated.

People defending Nolan by saying LOTR is overrated.

This thread is overrated.

Dany

Banned
One thing that annoys me about Nolan movies, is that after the first viewing, his films can get pretty mundane for some reason. It's like Joker's truck chase isn't cool after the 5th time watching it, but seeing Joe Pesci kill someone with a bat for the 1000th time is. I don't know what it is about his films. I love the first viewing, then I'm meh after that.

I find his movies more rewatchable than I think. I've seen Dark Knight many times and Memento. Man, I have seen that movie so many times, lie 2 or 3 times a year and it still fascinates me.

Mully

Well there goes this thread for atleast a week.

I find his movies more rewatchable than I think. I've seen Dark Knight many times and Memento. Man, I have seen that movie so many times, lie 2 or 3 times a year and it still fascinates me.

I don't know what it is. I can watch a Scorsese movie over and over again, but as much as I love Nolan's films I find it really hard to watch them again and again.

I still remember the great Spielberg derail. The thread was falling to pieces and DM was banned at the time. The robins of this forum didn't know where to turn to. It was a glorious thing to see.

I don't know what it is. I can watch a Scorsese movie over and over again, but as much as I love Nolan's films I find it really hard to watch them again and again.

Well one of these two is the best american director of the New Hollywood gen... Just saying.

Dead

well not really...yet
Memento and Prestige both hold up to repeat viewings since they have a solid foundation, a consistent and well thought out script. TDK and Inception don't as the gimmicks of both films can only hold up the curtain that's hiding the cracks for so long. More you watch em, the more all the stupid starts to spill through the cracks.

artist

Banned
They're rated where they should be.

Fitting post for a thread about the sequel to the Dark Knight though.
rocketprobep1.gif

It is unfair to compare Scorsese to Nolan. It is unfair to compare anyone to Scorsese actually.

Memento and Prestige both hold up to repeat viewings since they have a solid foundation, a consistent and well thought out script. TDK and Inception don't as the gimmicks of both films can only hold up the curtain that's hiding the cracks for so long. More you watch em, the more all the stupid starts to spill through the cracks.

The same way re watching the LOTR films cure insomnia.

Lets also pretend that they aren't some of the most overrated films of the 21st century.

This quote is in a nolan thread.

Oh and also there are a few directors who can be comparable to Scorsese. He's not the best. Really good filmography though but as of late he's been....stale. This is only a tickle match though, heads will roll once The Hobbit comes out and we look at numbers.

This quote is in a nolan thread.

Oh and also there are a few directors who can be comparable to Scorsese. He's not the best. Really good filmography though but as of late he's been....stale. This is only a tickle match though, heads will roll once The Hobbit comes out and we look at numbers.

Since Nolan has made some overrated films, I cannot say the same for Jackson? Lmao, that is some shit logic you have.

artist

Banned
Back to the interview posted by DM.

“I remember when I first read the script, of course it was all top secret,” Bale said during a break in the shoot. “I went round by Chris’ house, was shut in the room with the script — not allowed to leave with it — and it hit me that this was the last one. What Chris couldn’t believe was how slow I read because I go back and re-read until I have it all in my mind. I was in there six or seven hours. It was dark when I came out. And I was smiling.”
Batman+Christian+Bale+smiling.jpg

Bale is easily amused.

DMczaf

It's time to save this thread. I was waiting for the final push, but it seems this thread needs it now more than ever.

We are moving to Tumblr gifs.

tumblr_m2xr50sxRA1qexqmio1_r2_250.gif
tumblr_m2xr50sxRA1qexqmio2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_m2xr50sxRA1qexqmio3_r2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom